Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #885 on: October 27, 2017, 05:51:17 PM »
I'm pleased I don't like any of them enough to bother drawing, haha. I only have 50 Orbs at the moment, so my odds wouldn't have been great anyway.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 27, 2017, 08:50:26 PM »
Now we know why Arvis wasn't an armored mage. They needed to make money by restricting them as event-only units like flying mages have been so far. Sure will be fun seeing full whale flying teams of Nowi, Corrin and Camilla.

Outside of 3 unique unit types at least the skills themselves don't seem stupidly broken like we've been seeing the last two banners. I guess people who really, really like Felicia are going to want a Kitty Paddle. Not looking forward to more iterations of those A-slot Bond skills, but if they become widely available they're probably more helpful to the player than the AI.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: October 28, 2017, 02:37:49 AM »
Now we know why Arvis wasn't an armored mage. They needed to make money by restricting them as event-only units like flying mages have been so far. Sure will be fun seeing full whale flying teams of Nowi, Corrin and Camilla.

Outside of 3 unique unit types at least the skills themselves don't seem stupidly broken like we've been seeing the last two banners. I guess people who really, really like Felicia are going to want a Kitty Paddle. Not looking forward to more iterations of those A-slot Bond skills, but if they become widely available they're probably more helpful to the player than the AI.

What's annoying is that we're beginning to see Event exclusive units catch up in sheer number to the 5 star draw pool (which is in of itself catching up to the 4 and 3 star draw pools). They basically exist solely for whales since F2Pers are only going to see maybe 1 or 2 of them per Banner at most (and that's only if F2Pers forgo the other Banners almost entirely).

Hell, I even already have every available FE6 character currently in the game due to just how stagnant common pool additions have been, and Awakening's common pool only has two units left and they're both named Lucina (Vanilla and Brave specifically). Worse still is that currently Inigo, Charlotte and Shigure only exist as Event units (although I suppose that Inigo doesn't quite count due to Laslow's existence).

And their bogarding weapon/movement types to Event only isn't helping matters either, nor has their handling of common pool additions been all that stellar lately (what with Ayra and the recent T_T multiplier units).

Frankly, I'm surprised on how long its taken the game to slide down into Gacha hell.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #888 on: October 28, 2017, 04:22:51 AM »
Huh part of me wants Nekomata Sakura...but drawing colorless when there are two colorless focus units. That sounds like a dangerous gamble. >.>

Well, it is the Halloween banner and what's scarier than colourless hell?

A colorless hell occupied by a pity rate breaking Archer Tank (and who the hell wants one of those?).

That would be a lucky break.

Look at what else can and will ruin your rate:
-Every healer that isn't Genny and maybe even Genny if you already have a Genny or two.
-Archers that aren't Takumi and maybe Klein (add Lyn, Faye and/or Innes if you don't have them yet)
-All dagger units that aren't Kitty Sakura

That means that out of a pool of ~20 5* characters, only a handful are not going to ruin your day.

IS really needs to demote a bunch of units to 4*...

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: October 28, 2017, 08:31:34 AM »
Why are they advertising an upcoming Halloween event. Been spending a few orbs here and there the last two weeks because I just assumed there wasn't going to be one at this point.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #890 on: October 28, 2017, 11:23:40 AM »
Why are they advertising an upcoming Halloween event. Been spending a few orbs here and there the last two weeks because I just assumed there wasn't going to be one at this point.

Because now you're going to have to spend money on Orbs (and also because what the hell are they going to do with November?). At the very least it'll start on Monday which is when October's Dancer and Genealogy banners expire (I might even have better luck trying to pull Sigurd, Deirdre or at least Tailtiu while gunning for Sakura, Nowi or Henry), and hey, it'll even be around for Halloween.

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: October 28, 2017, 07:12:49 PM »
I want my adorable Sakura, but sharing a banner with Jakob is not good, and not to mention I'll be entering colourless hell. I'm hoping for good luck, since I still managed to somehow score 3 Brave Lyns during the CYL banner.
Just your regular Nintendo nerd. :D

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #892 on: October 29, 2017, 04:39:02 AM »
Blargh. I failed to get another dancer. Worse yet, despite all the green units I pulled, I still don't have a Soren. He's the only 4* green I don't have yet but also the 4* green I really, really want. That's just not cool...

Oh well. In the end, I did technically get two dancers: that Ninian and a +res Inigo that's like S+ tier because he can dance and tank a fully buffed +atk Reinhardt. For FtP, that's pretty good.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #893 on: October 29, 2017, 06:16:55 AM »
Since I'm not really that interested in the Halloween banner, I spent a bunch of Stamina potions all the way to the finish line for the Tempest. It's still kinda funny that they straight up acknowledged people prefer to just let the game autoplay itself in this mode.

Didn't get anything of note for my last hurrah of the Dancer banner. Got like 3 straight boards with no colorless (which gave me more Bartres!), then a bunch of 3* Saizos and Gordins.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #894 on: October 29, 2017, 08:59:25 AM »
My current track record is one special character from each of the seasonal banners with the exception of the bridal banner, which didn't interest me in the slighest. I got Spring Camilla, Summer Robin, Summer Corrin and Performer Inigo - all units that can survive in the current meta, so yay for me! Also got really lucky with the Braves banner. Got a Lancina and BIke with excellent stats from that one.

But that involved focusing almost entirely on those banners. All my Hero Fest pulls were shit and I haven't been able to get most of my favourites. I once poured nearly 120 orbs into a Leo banner and failed. Still no Takumi. I am not even able to get the 4* I want! And the favourites I did get are mostly shit because half of them are healers.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #895 on: October 29, 2017, 11:01:21 AM »
The only thing worse than a pity rate breaker is when nobody breaks the pity rate. Especially once it reaches 4.0%.

Welp, I still have my Olivia mk 2. My next set of Orbs are going to try for Ayra (or really even Eldigan or Lachesis).

Also, I really wish I could check those Orb cards at anytime instead of just after logging on for the first time that day. That would make Orb planning easier.

Currently at 60k for the T_T.

(Also, I swear to god that they've set the RNG to roll for a pity breaker before it rolls for a banner unit.)

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #896 on: October 29, 2017, 11:21:29 AM »

(Also, I swear to god that they've set the RNG to roll for a pity breaker before it rolls for a banner unit.)

Hah, that's my experience as well, but for some reason those banners crashers tend to be better than the units on the actual banners.

What bothers me is the 4* units. The 3*s seem to be also extremely common as 4*s as well in my game. It's fine when it's Cecilia (aiming for a 4* +10) or premium skill fodder like Hinata, I guess, but I'm seeing way too many 4* Berukas, Bartres and Barsts...

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: October 29, 2017, 12:18:43 PM »
The only thing worse than a pity rate breaker is when nobody breaks the pity rate. Especially once it reaches 4.0%.
Haha... I hit 6.0% in the Genealogy banner, and I wasn't even that interested. I just wanted ANYTHING to break the pity rate so I could move on. Eventually I got Sigurd but... was it worth it in the end?
Just your regular Nintendo nerd. :D

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #898 on: October 29, 2017, 12:56:15 PM »
I have a confession to make. I broke my FTP cherry on this Dancer banner just now, and pretty much instantly regretted it. Sorry Aeolus/Tomara, I have fallen. =P

And of course I did it pretty much because, what else, I didn't want to "waste" the pity rate I built. Plus I had really good luck the last several 5*s I got so I was double teamed by both a Gambler's and Hot Hand Fallacy. (FTR this is actually my first gacha game so I guess I'll take it as a learning experience)

Also I didn't even get anything good. I got a 5* Leon for my trouble (plus even more 3*s), so basically even the game's telling me to never spent money again because the last 300 some odd orbs I've gotten a lot of what I wanted, and the second I spent some money I got a unwanted pity breaker of a unit I was going to promote another of anyway. I would add a cherry on top by saying the 5* Leon I got had horrible IVs, but somehow he came out with -HP +ATK, so uhh...yay 20k feathers saved?

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #899 on: October 29, 2017, 01:06:32 PM »
Haha... I hit 6.0% in the Genealogy banner, and I wasn't even that interested. I just wanted ANYTHING to break the pity rate so I could move on. Eventually I got Sigurd but... was it worth it in the end?
Sigurd is a freaking monster, so yes. If it had been Seliph...well probably not worth it.

I have a confession to make. I broke my FTP cherry on this Dancer banner just now, and pretty much instantly regretted it. Sorry Aeolus/Tomara, I have fallen. =P
Give yourself to the Whale Side. It is the only way you can draw your favorites. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. :p