Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #900 on: October 29, 2017, 01:45:16 PM »

(Also, I swear to god that they've set the RNG to roll for a pity breaker before it rolls for a banner unit.)

Hah, that's my experience as well, but for some reason those banners crashers tend to be better than the units on the actual banners.

What bothers me is the 4* units. The 3*s seem to be also extremely common as 4*s as well in my game. It's fine when it's Cecilia (aiming for a 4* +10) or premium skill fodder like Hinata, I guess, but I'm seeing way too many 4* Berukas, Bartres and Barsts...

Ask me about my recently assembled Echoes collection (I'm short Alm, Celica, Faye and Gray while Lukas, Clair, Mathilda are the only ones I don't have a 5 star of)?

At least you're getting some Reposition fodder (and eventually the game will deliver a Desperation Seal so that we'll finally have a use for all those Bartres), not that I can complain after getting so many goddamn Effies and Rodys (these are fantastic pulls due to their SI potential).

That being said, the big takeaway I had from this event is to not bother sniping colors. Just drop the 15/20 Orbs per session so that even if I end up with a pity breaker, its still something of value (and it costs less Orbs overall).

Edit: The numbers are in and welp. Jakob really IS a Bow Armor. He's pretty decent looking too since he has solid Atk and is a tanky motherfucker (basically Sheena levels of hard to kill). Meanwhile Henry's all about Mage tanking to nobody's surprise and has a mountain of Res and Spd. Atk's lukewarm for an Armor though while his HP and Def are essentially bottomed out, and Green isn't the best color for a Mage Tank right now due to everybody having Arvis to fry him with (at least free Armor March helps sweeten the deal, even if he's not the only source of it). Especially since Sakura is right goddamn there and has basically the same stat spread on top of her 2 move and Anti-Tome weapon (her HP and Atk are a little lower and her Def is basically non-existent compared to Henry's, but her Spd is equal and Res is just shy of his). Nowi is a flying mage, news at eleven.

TL;DR: Sakura's the real prize this time around due to being able to simply destroy Tome users (she's built like Kagero if Kagero's weapon wasn't such underpowered crap and was generally targeting the weaker defensive stat over the stronger one). Henry's timing is bad, and Jakob and Nowi are solid but unthrilling at this point.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 12:58:27 AM by Aeolus »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 30, 2017, 04:38:43 AM »
Halloween Sakura really kinda craps on both Kagero and Felicia, the only regular-pool daggers that saw any use. Once in a blue moon you'd see a crazy SI'd Saizo, but it was mainly those two. At least Kagero still keeps her niche for the most part, she's still the highest attack dagger and if you're using Poison Dagger you're aiming for a one-shot. In this offensive-focused meta Kagero really doesn't have that much issue one-shotting lots of commonly-used infantry, and still heavily damages high-DEF units like Ayra. I still field Kagero in Arena Assault because I do run into an infantry team now and again (or the slightly more common Dragon team which Kagero also hits effectively).

Also the two ranged armors have higher BST than expected, because they only have something like 4 less BST than normal armors, as opposed to the regular -10 a ranged of any other movement type would have (so basically they got the same boost Ayra did).

Still, I'm most interested in Henry myself. Reinhardt's not all-encompassing anymore due to power creep but he's still a pretty dominant, especially alongside archer horse with lady attached. Plus Henry would just be great on an armor team in general.

Unfortunately for me, I got 4 colorless and 1 blue on my first board. Decided to pull it all anyway, and was rewarded with Halloween Sakura. She's +DEF -RES which is like the worst set on her, but since her stats are so ridiculously skewed she'll still be able to do her job regardless.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 30, 2017, 07:29:42 AM »
Welp. Ayra's on the Halloween Banner (she's just breaking all the goddamn rules here), so there's literally no reason not to draw from Halloweentown anymore. Also, as expected, only Tailtiu got demoted to Uncommon rarity, if I hadn't spent so many Orbs trying to pull Dancers, I'd start pulling for T_T multiplier units now.

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 30, 2017, 02:11:30 PM »
I did manage to get Sakura... after getting trolled by Jakob (as I was expecting to) and Leon.

I think +Atk is probably going to be the most preferred for TD Sakura, but I got her as +Spd and -Def.
Just your regular Nintendo nerd. :D

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #904 on: October 30, 2017, 02:20:48 PM »
+SPD is almost never not good (only obvious exceptions are Wary Fighters and BIke), and -DEF is pretty much the best bane you can get on her, so I think you're good.

So the guy who's famous for running 4 +10 Sakuras for everything is apparently doing live streams of him hardcore whaling into the Halloween banner for Cat Sakura. He's like 3000 orbs in and he's pulled 23 Sakuras and 29 Jakobs, so if his luck keeps up he'll probably end up spending almost double that. Wish I had that kind of disposable income.

Welp. Ayra's on the Halloween Banner (she's just breaking all the goddamn rules here), so there's literally no reason not to draw from Halloweentown anymore.

I think it only lends more credence to the theory that they were planning on releasing Ayra in the Genealogy banner all along.

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 30, 2017, 02:23:49 PM »
I feel like I just spent too much of my own money trying to get Sakura, so that just makes me jealous.
Just your regular Nintendo nerd. :D

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 30, 2017, 02:56:07 PM »
Whenever I feel the urge to spend actual money, I use this summon simulator a couple of times to see how many orbs it take son average to get the focus units I want. The conclusion is always: way too many.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 30, 2017, 03:22:21 PM »
I clicked on summon once and instantly got a 5* Hector, with a 4* Effie to round things out.

You made me waste my roll Tomara, I want it back.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 30, 2017, 04:55:03 PM »
I hate colorless hell. I used up most of my the orbs I have gotten recently. I got a 5* Halloween Jakob, a 5* Leon, and a 5* Jaffar. I need none of you! Why must you deny me my miko catgirl RNG? Why?

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 30, 2017, 05:02:45 PM »
Yeah I spent a solid 85 orbs just grabbing the colorless and left empty handed.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 02, 2017, 01:28:40 AM »
So the game just decided to apologize to me for the last couple of banners and drop both ToD Nowi and ToD Sakura onto my lap on a 3.25 pity rate (of course a finger on the monkey paw curls downward as their traits are +Def/-Atk and +Def/-HP respectfully). Also pulled a 4 star Cherche, Beruka and Leon (somebody gets Slaying Bow, yay).

Even still, this is a huge step in upgrading my Flier Emblem into something useful while I got the highest BST Sakura for what that's worth (-_-;).

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 02, 2017, 04:34:19 AM »
Holy shit, that new voting gauntlet. How am I supposed to pick between that and the Halloween banner? Also, who am I supposed to support? I think I'll side with Soren first. I feel bad for him. He had every right to be in the last one, and instead he is in this silly one instead. He'll probably lose in the first round, but it's not as if that'd be bad for my feather count, so... After he loses, I'll switch to Takumi.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #912 on: November 02, 2017, 06:46:51 AM »
I'm saving all of my ~20 orbs for now, since we'll probably get another new heroes banner at the end of this Voting Gauntlet like usual.

Speaking of which, guess I'll throw in with Takumi since I capped HM on Soren during the PoR TT. It also has the added bonus of if I get some idiot sending me an extra Takumi, it's actually not that big of a handicap unless I just so happen to run into a Raventome. Takumi also has a decent-ish shot at victory since he's a really popular character, compared to the waifu side who are moderately popular at best (Hinoka). Really though, I wish they'd just replace the Voting Gauntlet mode altogether at this point. It's just not a very interesting mode to play in.

Also I got a 4* Hinata and 3* Nino with my free pulls. The former was immediately sacrificed of course, no idea what I'll do with an extra Nino though.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 02, 2017, 07:32:33 AM »
Nino has Draw Back. All sorts of units love Draw Back.

My free summons were all crap. I sacrificed the Wrys to Lachesis and send her to the T_T to support some characters that can actually fight and then she killed a Hector on hard mode. So that happened.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 02, 2017, 07:01:54 PM »
I'm saving all of my ~20 orbs for now, since we'll probably get another new heroes banner at the end of this Voting Gauntlet like usual.

Speaking of which, guess I'll throw in with Takumi since I capped HM on Soren during the PoR TT. It also has the added bonus of if I get some idiot sending me an extra Takumi, it's actually not that big of a handicap unless I just so happen to run into a Raventome. Takumi also has a decent-ish shot at victory since he's a really popular character, compared to the waifu side who are moderately popular at best (Hinoka). Really though, I wish they'd just replace the Voting Gauntlet mode altogether at this point. It's just not a very interesting mode to play in.

Also I got a 4* Hinata and 3* Nino with my free pulls. The former was immediately sacrificed of course, no idea what I'll do with an extra Nino though.

Made my free pulls, got a 4 star Kagero (yay, Daggerbreaker for another Mage I guess) and a 3 star Sully (speaking of Draw Back...) so meh.

As for the latest Salt Factory, I'm going to wait until a clear winner shows up because the CYL poll is now no longer the indicator it once was and there's absolutely no rush now thanks to the mode turning into Rocket Tag. At least we've gotten some fresh blood into the Gauntlet this time, even if this does lock this month into Hoshido apology month (besides, they went with the short hair theme, yet the best short haired waifu won't be added until right after the mode; I speak of course of Larcei). But still, this mode could easily be replaced with no one really caring that much (unless they do away with the Sacred Coins and Orbs they've been adding).

Salt Edit: Shit. I totally forgot that Olwen was already in the game and she's short haired as all get out. She would've been a whole lot better than watching the Hinokacopter crash and burn yet again (you can't even say that she's there to balance the male selection because its running both Ryoma and Tacomeat) or Shanna (nothing personal against her, in fact I even have a soft spot for her and the multitude of warnings about watching out for arrows, but she's thoroughly outclassed here).
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 12:57:41 AM by Aeolus »