Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!

Frostillicus

• View Profile
Re: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« Reply #2100 on: August 07, 2018, 09:14:20 AM »
Everyone here is a bunch of idiots.  Why is the reaction to this news to talk about Alf?  LOL

Because not all of us are into boring space operas, guy. Settle down. ...Acting like Picard is yo' daddy, or something.
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: August 07, 2018, 09:49:22 AM »
Everyone here is a bunch of idiots.  Why is the reaction to this news to talk about Alf?  LOL

Because not all of us are into boring space operas, guy. Settle down. ...Acting like Picard is yo' daddy, or something.

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HE MEANS TO MEEEE :runs away crying:
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: August 07, 2018, 01:26:57 PM »
Should I be ashamed of myself for wanting to watch Magnum P.I. reboot simply because of Lady Higgins?

Cuz I'm not.....mwahaha

TASTY!

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: August 07, 2018, 03:13:20 PM »
I agree with Aeolus regarding the Picard show. Despite my initial excitement, I'm not shelling out more money for another streaming service, even if it is Picard. When the first season of Picard is over I may just sign up for the free trial and binge through it and at least check out Discovery, but that's it.

But yeah, the reboots are getting out of hand. I liked Alf as a kid, but I watched a few episodes a few years back because I'd frankly forgotten about it until an Alf puppet showed up on Big Bang Theory. I didn't find it very funny, and Alf was genuinely creepy. Also, apparently the series was a pain in the ass to shoot, and the guy who played Willie (the dad) despised the show and left the set after the finale without even saying goodbye to the crew and other cast members.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: August 07, 2018, 07:30:13 PM »
Belated, but....

great googlie mooglie

https://www.nme.com/news/patrick-stewart-reprise-role-jean-luc-picard-new-star-trek-series-2363412

Because they're bringing Alf back.

If Reboot were the Gallant of 80s computer nerd jokes, Alf would be the Goofus.

Seriously. We live in a world with the first couple of Big Bang Theory seasons, Young Sheldon, and The Orville. Even if they did Alf the best they could do, it would still be garbage.

That all said, I'm currently more interested in the recently announced brought back She-Ra series, than a lot of the other Necro'd from the 80s properties. I've also been hearing good things about the Duck Tales redux, so that's another on my list.

Once I'm done with these, I might give "Jean Luc's Day Out" a whirl.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: August 08, 2018, 03:18:44 PM »
going to take anyone who is regularly watching Big Bang Theory's opinion on what is and isn't good television with a grain of salt.

I won't pay for Picard either but I will watch the hell out of it once it comes out on DVD.

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: August 08, 2018, 03:26:17 PM »
I won't pay for Picard either but I will watch the hell out of it once it comes out on DVD.

1) I'm pretty sure it'll just be called "Picard" too, actually.

2) I wish I could wait for DVD but I'm entirely too "connected" to the fandom to wait that long.  Evil CBS will be getting my money after all, even though I held off on Discovery.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: August 08, 2018, 07:01:59 PM »
going to take anyone who is regularly watching Big Bang Theory's opinion on what is and isn't good television with a grain of salt.

I'm not saying that its good, I'm saying that it could be considered good compared to Alf.

Honestly, BBT a long long time ago was decent, but its painful to watch now since its almost nothing to do with being nerdy anymore and just coasts on the question of what can it get away with on its Nerd Immunity (I'm just waiting for the inevitable 'Rahj is gay' shoe to finally drop; also, just because I invoked the mental image just now, I hope to god they get the stars from the Lethal Weapon reboot to kick down the door, shout "YOUR NERD IMMUNITY HAS JUST BEEN REVOKED!" and end the series in a hail of bullets).

Also, I don't have Cable (and don't Netflix or Hulu on principle), so there's not a hell of a lot I watch these days anyways (beyond some of the best seasons of the best reality tv series on TV right now, the Evening News).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.