Author Topic: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Arhkaos

• View Profile
Re: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2011, 01:29:13 PM »
Yeah, the potential problem is the fact the PSP never had the PS2's momentum, and thus may not be able to thrive at retail for an ungodly amount of time. Maybe they'll surprise there, or at least retailers like Amazon and GameStop will still stock the games online and sell them while digital versions get put up on the PSN, Hell, the fact Trails 3 and Zero are both 1 UMD at least ensure the PSN's still a route if Trails 2 can still hit retail but not those two.

I should note that Ys 1 & 2 have become hard to find as of late. Gamestop and Amazon are your only bets since nobody else really even carries PSP games anymore save for a few generic titles and KH:BbS.

Thankfully, there's always the VC option for the TurboCD port and it's excellent sound quality if you really want to play those games.

Well, at the place where I work we still have copies of all three limited editions of YS, with the first two now 29.99$ I think. I'm the only one who bought them to be pretty honest, handheld niche JRPGs aren't that popular where I live I guess... Although there was quite a lot of pre-orders on the most recent NISA releases for the PS3, so I guess it's really the handheld factor that doesn't help.
I have fury!

insertnamehere

• View Profile

I mostly pop in occasionally to give my two cents on certain controversial things, so if you disagree then send a PM, because I generally don't check for replies in threads in case I feel like replying and then things get heated/derailed.

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 22, 2011, 09:36:10 AM »
Too many games, Falcom. Too many damn games!

supersonic

• Prefers JRPGs
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 22, 2011, 10:57:23 AM »
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/21/ngp-will-launch-with-an-rpg-from-ys-developer-falcom/
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/22/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-blue-the-sequel-to-zero-no-kiseki-hits-psp-this-fall/
I'm really worried about Blue not getting published.

I'm really worried about TiTS 2 not getting published. Realistically speaking, the chances of us seeing Zero no Kiseki and Blue are extremely slim.

Arhkaos

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 22, 2011, 02:50:19 PM »
Well, there was an interview with Falcom's president in this month's Game Informer in which he discussed how they were considering to release future games digitally, maybe one chapter at a time. Maybe XSEED would follow this thought, as the NGP is supposed to be compatible with PSP downloads so it would seem logic that they would make a digital release if UMDs sale really drop, with maybe a physical limited edition. I still have hope, the PSP isn't dead yet!
I have fury!

Anime & RPGl and

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 22, 2011, 03:04:49 PM »
I love limited editions especially when they include soundtracks and artbooks. So theoretically if we purchase games from psn and download them to a memory stick for the psp that same memory stick should work in the new ngp because it accepts memory sticks as well?

I've seen video of the new ngp...does it have a memory stick input? I don't see it.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 03:11:45 PM by Anime & RPGl and »

Arhkaos

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 22, 2011, 03:18:51 PM »
I love limited editions especially when they include soundtracks and artbooks. So theoretically if we purchase games from psn and download them to a memory stick for the psp that same memory stick should work in the new ngp because it accepts memory sticks as well?

I've seen video of the new ngp...does it have a memory stick input? I don't see it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understood, PSP games downloads will still be availible on the "new" NGP PSN, but it won't read UMDs. They said some games would also be released on DS-like game cards. Maybe that's the way we'll see the next LoH release, too.
I have fury!

Anime & RPGl and

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 22, 2011, 03:24:26 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understood, PSP games downloads will still be availible on the "new" NGP PSN, but it won't read UMDs. They said some games would also be released on DS-like game cards. Maybe that's the way we'll see the next LoH release, too.

I believe you are right, but I thought I heard somewhere that the NGP was going to have a memory card slot that would accept the same memory cards we are using in the PSP now. I didn't see an imput though in the NGP video...do you know if it has memory card input?

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 22, 2011, 03:34:54 PM »
The NGP will certainly have some sort of memory card slot.  It's not clear that it will be memorystick, though.  Rumour has it that it will be SD, but I haven't heard anything official.  Sony has been backing on on pushing memorystick everywhere, though.

MindCandy

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 22, 2011, 03:40:37 PM »
Well, there was an interview with Falcom's president in this month's Game Informer in which he discussed how they were considering to release future games digitally, maybe one chapter at a time. Maybe XSEED would follow this thought, as the NGP is supposed to be compatible with PSP downloads so it would seem logic that they would make a digital release if UMDs sale really drop, with maybe a physical limited edition. I still have hope, the PSP isn't dead yet!
Hate to break it to ya, but it's been clinging to life since it was hacked. Almost everybody I know has a hacked PSP and plays torrented games, WHICH I DO NOT SUPPORT!
Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor

Anime & RPGl and

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 22, 2011, 04:03:27 PM »
The NGP will certainly have some sort of memory card slot.  It's not clear that it will be memorystick, though.  Rumour has it that it will be SD, but I haven't heard anything official.  Sony has been backing on on pushing memorystick everywhere, though.

Question: If it is SD than our memory stick cards obviously won't work...so how then do we get all the games we've downloaded on memory stick cards onto the NGP? And forgive me if there is an obvious answer I still haven't purchased my first PSN game.

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 22, 2011, 06:40:44 PM »
Well you can always download them again.  All your purchases are tied to your PSN account.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 22, 2011, 06:51:37 PM »
Hate to break it to ya, but it's been clinging to life since it was hacked. Almost everybody I know has a hacked PSP and plays torrented games, WHICH I DO NOT SUPPORT!

Actually it was before that when developers decided to make the PSP a dumping ground for PSX/PS2 ports that the PSP was doomed (seriously, you're making ports of games from a system that's considered to be the most prolific and longest lasting console since the NES and anyone who'd ever be interested in said games would already have them and said console to play them on not to mention the fact that said console also had backwards compatibility with the other half of the games being ported). Nevermind the fact that some of the better ports earlier on never made it over here that would've at least smoothed over some of the early years' wrinkles (i.e. Suki 1 + 2, BoF III, & ToP). And to top it all off they just had to make movies for it too so the UMD's rapidly diminishing shelf space can get cluttered with movies nobody wants to watch because they're on an already outdated format and aren't much cheaper than the alternatives.

It's only been this last year or two that they've been finally able to turn it around but out of it's 7 year life span that's 5+ years too late.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Arhkaos

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 22, 2011, 07:31:07 PM »
Well I bought mine about two years ago (to play Crisis Core) so I guess that's why I didn't notice that. Since I have it there's at least one interesting new IP every month, and well, honestly for me the console is worth it just for those incredible XSEED localizations. Ys Seven is one of the best games I've played in years, and I can't wait to try TitS!
I have fury!

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 22, 2011, 07:56:38 PM »
This isn't fair, I wanna play both this and 3rd birthday so FUCKING badly, and I still have Pokemon white to finish, tactics ogre to complete, gods eater burst, ar tonelico qoga on my pee ess triple, and my god a whole slew of other games yet. Fuck 2011...my bank account can't handle it.

TASTY!