Author Topic: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

beach1

• View Profile
Re: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
« Reply #165 on: March 23, 2011, 04:33:50 PM »
Too many games, Falcom. Too many damn games!
This, lol.

I really hope we see ZnK and Blue in America..

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 24, 2011, 06:42:21 AM »
First Trailer for Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki

Man, there's people that are really excited for this. After 4 games the story, characters and world must be really well-developed to make a series of 5 games (with maybe the possibility of another one in the future) and keeping your fanbase interested for more.

This remind of what could happen if Xenosaga and Shenmue had all games that the creators wanted to make.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #167 on: March 24, 2011, 11:25:21 AM »
Yay!  We'll be three titles behind!
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 24, 2011, 01:06:19 PM »
So I received my pre-order bonus from Xseed today.  I was pretty surprised since I hadn't heard anything from them and was expecting to get it around the same time the game comes out.  I mean, I could cancel my preorder at this point and still have gotten free stuff for it.  Not that I intend to, mind you.  It just seemed kind of weird.

insertnamehere

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 24, 2011, 09:30:17 PM »
Man, there's people that are really excited for this. After 4 games the story, characters and world must be really well-developed to make a series of 5 games (with maybe the possibility of another one in the future) and keeping your fanbase interested for more.

Dear Falcom, we like your tits. (and if we get multiple of these games:) They are fun to play with.
Was that too far?

I mostly pop in occasionally to give my two cents on certain controversial things, so if you disagree then send a PM, because I generally don't check for replies in threads in case I feel like replying and then things get heated/derailed.

Yggdrasil

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 25, 2011, 03:42:53 PM »

Anime & RPGl and

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 25, 2011, 03:45:35 PM »
Received the bonus item in the mail from XSeed for preordering Trails in the Sky. Question is the above a screen from the game?

Yggdrasil

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 25, 2011, 03:53:43 PM »
Question is the above a screen from the game?

Yep.

Anime & RPGl and

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 25, 2011, 03:58:25 PM »
When I think about it what is it with RPGs and treasure chests? I mean who just randomly leaves all these chests lying around full of loot? Especially, most being located at the end of a winding corridor or dungeon. Don't get me wrong I love these games but what gives?

MindCandy

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 25, 2011, 04:08:08 PM »
Question is the above a screen from the game?

Yep.
I swear I've heard / read that somewhere before...
Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor

Yggdrasil

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 25, 2011, 04:12:09 PM »
When I think about it what is it with RPGs and treasure chests? I mean who just randomly leaves all these chests lying around full of loot? Especially, most being located at the end of a winding corridor or dungeon. Don't get me wrong I love these games but what gives?

It feels good to open a chest full of potions and money or anything that can help you on your adventure, is as simple as that. It makes me a sad panda when I don't get anything. It's like, I'm losing my time with this empty chest.

And now that I remember, Zelda and Ys might be the only series that glorifies this moment of opening a chest with epic music.

Examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VRr9NG7RE0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VspC7Eebgic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWX7aEfTnVI

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 25, 2011, 06:38:02 PM »
Metroid is PRETTY CLOSE, though you never open treasure chests or anything.

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 25, 2011, 10:56:38 PM »
live stream of gameplay on justintv

http://www.justin.tv/sanctuarycrew/

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 27, 2011, 01:32:22 AM »
Metroid is PRETTY CLOSE, though you never open treasure chests or anything.

They did have those item balls in the first two games though.

It feels good to open a chest full of potions and money or anything that can help you on your adventure, is as simple as that. It makes me a sad panda when I don't get anything. It's like, I'm losing my time with this empty chest.

I could tolerate the lack of a driving plot or the license board being lame as shit, but this right here is the one thing I hated above everything else about FFXII. Having THE most retarded form of treasure chests EVAR, what with the random chances of containing the actual item you're searching for or even showing up, or the fact that 99% of them never contained anything more than outdated trash, or that the 1% that actually offered an actual improvement were one time, rare to even get to appear, and also susceptible to containing nothing but trash further exacerbated by the fact that the one accessory in the game that's sole purpose is to improve your chances at getting the better items from chests will in fact prevent you from ever getting anything more than a knot of rust in every case where it counts. And then there's the Zodiac Spear and it's successor in the Zodiac version.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Yggdrasil

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 27, 2011, 12:45:24 PM »
http://www.falcom.co.jp/falcom30th/

Website that commemorates the 30 years of Falcom with some expensive shiny things and the anime adaptation of Sora no Kiseki (I might be the only one here that doesn't like the staff behind the project, or am I wrong?). Also, there's this "Falcom 30th Anniversary Kiseki & Ys Best X Secret" album that is basically...

A bonus item for those who purchases Falcom's any PSP title released so far from 24th March to 24th April. The secret track is from The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki.

And that's how Falcom celebrate their birthday kids! With stuff and not a cake... because the cake is a lie.