Author Topic: No Man's Sky -or- Meet Yoda in the Stars.

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
Re: No Man's Sky -or- Meet Yoda in the Stars.
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2016, 12:00:31 PM »
I finally started playin this the other day. I'll post some deep thoughts later but in general I'm enjoying it. It is the first survival type game I have ever played so I think that helps. If I had played more of these I think I would have passed on this.

My main issue is the waypoints in the galaxy map. I'll have a saved way point to an atlas structure and I'll be following that course for a bit but if I turn off the game or take too late my on a planet and go back to the map the point is totally gone. I'll try looking at each star too but it also seems to forget if there is an atlas there or not

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2018, 06:28:17 PM »
I'm necroing this topic since the NEXT update is coming out next week. If you haven't heard, this update will make a lot of changes to the game. Most importantly: multiplayer. So even though Yoda doesn't post anymore (to my knowledge), we can finally meet him in the stars.

It looks like this update will make the game we all were hoping it would be when it first came out two years ago. I understand that it likely lost its relevance in the interim, but I'm going to be picking it back up this weekend to re-familiarize myself with the controls. Anyone interested in playing together once the update is released?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 06:30:57 PM by Jimmy »

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2018, 08:04:07 PM »
Not gonna lie, the lack of multiplayer being shoved in my face, or at least dangled over my head like a rotten carrot, was actually a feature in my eyes, not a flaw....yeah, I'm not gonna jump in again just for that.

Then again, I do think the previous updates have helped for the most part, so it's not like I'm writing it off or anything, but I just need to save going back to it for when I'm in the mood for a laid-back survival sci-fi experience, at this point.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2018, 07:37:16 PM »
Been playing around with NEXT. They uh... it feels like they pretty much remade everything. To the point where the multiplayer feels like one of the more minor points of the update even. That was surprising.

Also multiplayer's very optional if that's not your thing. You have to flip on an option to let people join you, you can toggle this whenever, otherwise if you do run into someone it's just going to be a floating blue orb that can't hurt you.
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`