Author Topic: Fire Emblem Warriors

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Warriors
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2017, 01:53:42 AM »
Team Ninja is doing this?

Where are breasts going to fit in the weapons triangle?

Perhaps the Ninja class, as a possible alternative to Nunchucks?

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2017, 08:26:49 AM »
Team Ninja is doing this?

Where are breasts going to fit in the weapons triangle?

Now this is what Lyn's gonna dualwield (thanks US localization of FE7). Fortunately though, most of the jiggle physic staffs should remain with Awakening's and Fates' cast (as there were a whole lot of female breastplates in the series prior to those two games).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2017, 02:36:35 PM »
Now that I think about it, this game's gonna have Kagero and now I won't be able to play it around people.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2017, 04:57:44 PM »
Now that I think about it, this game's gonna have Kagero and now I won't be able to play it around people.

Hate to tell you this but Camilla's gonna be even worse, and more likely to get in over Kagero to boot (all of Fate's Royals are getting in, bet on it).

That said, while the likeliness of this dwindles by the hour, I'd still like to see some of the non-Archanea/Ylisse/Nohrido games getting some rep. Not for the characters as much as reliving some battles from a different perspective (I'd love a redux of Arvis' Barbecue or Eyvel and Nanna's trip to Raydrik's monstrous pit).

Of course, the big question is who should we not pursue this time around? I mean, take your pick. Garnef, Camus, Hardin, Eldigan, Travant, Ishtar, Julius, Raydrik, Fargus, Lloyd, Burger King, a Laguz Royal, Garon, the resident Narvarre/Nabral archetype, that Vulnerary that replaced Wyrs, Nowi or Nyx, Julia, the other Renais Twin, the infinite recursion of Cordelia & Severa/Selena & Caeldori...I think this might have gotten away from me a bit there.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2017, 05:11:08 PM »
I don't see why we could have most/all of the Greil Mercenaries.  Who wouldn't want Titania in this game?  Best Jeigan ever.

WHY CAN'T WE JUST HAVE ALL OF THE CHARAcTERS
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2017, 09:45:01 PM »
I don't see why we could have most/all of the Greil Mercenaries.  Who wouldn't want Titania in this game?  Best Jeigan ever.

WHY CAN'T WE JUST HAVE ALL OF THE CHARAcTERS

Because there's like 500+ of them and many are archetypes of each other with a couple of blatant pallet swaps thrown in.

There's 78 different characters in New Mystery alone (though that includes literally everybody in Shadow Dragon short of Lorenz (who blows himself up/dies on his sword, depending on the version of MotE), Gotoh (who got demoted to NPC/exposition dump), Malledus (who's your captain exposition for SD and gets replaced by Jagen who got too old for this shit and needed something to do), a bunch of one-off bosses, Medeus (who's the big bad), and the 'replacement' characters (like Wymp, Owend, Laim and so on) which brings Archanea's playable population up to 80).

Radiant Dawn by comparison has 72 characters (Path of Radiance had Largo as well as anybody from Trial Maps not named Oliver which gives Tellius a grand total of 77 units).

Fates has a grand total of 67 units over three games (69 if you count the different genders of Corrin & Kana; and that's not counting anybody you might capture or Bond unit shenanigans).

Binding Blade is next with 63 units with an additional 40 to Blazing Sword (which gives Elibe the third largest overall playable population next to....).

The combination of Genealogy of the Holy War's 56 (including subs because they count dammit) and Thracia 776's additional 51 (for a grand total of 107).

Awakening has 49 units not counting the DLC characters (51 with Robin's and Morgan's separate genders of course).

Sacred Stones has 43 total (though most come from Creature Campaign; only 32 are normally recruited).

And Gaiden is at the bottom of 28 unique units (32 are playable but four of them are refugees of Archanea which brings the continental total to 108, edging out Jugral for most PCs).

And there's TMS's losers like Tsubasa or Tiki is my Waifu, the OCs from that Hasha no Tsurugi manga (though they perhaps don't count since they aren't playable yet), and Cipher's 4 OCs, on top of the villains that weren't included in the above (although there aren't many thanks to all those Trial Maps).

Meanwhile, Zelda fans are still waiting for the Groose to get loose, let alone anybody showing up from the Oracles or Minish Cap. And Dragon Quest Heroes still haven't even touched DQII, nevermind the rest of VII's & VIII's cast or IX's premade bonus characters (i.e. the innkeeper, angel trainer and other bar staff). Hell, even Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate only has 149 characters. Most came from across 11 games plus a bunch of crossovers like Ninja Gaiden's Ryu Hayabusa, Bladestorm's Joan of Arc and Soul Calibur's Sophitia.

In short, they're not getting to everybody with even three games + whatever they're calling their not-expansions nowadays, let alone one.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2017, 06:38:34 AM »
(including subs because they count dammit)
You know very well that they do not. :p Or perhaps more accurately, none of them are going to get in before any of their children counterparts. Come to think of it, were any of the FE4 substitutes in Awakening's spotpass maps? I can't remember for sure, but my gut says no. I'd expect to see Daniela and her amazing flying horse before we see any of the FE4 substitutes. :p

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2017, 11:24:43 AM »
(including subs because they count dammit)
You know very well that they do not. :p Or perhaps more accurately, none of them are going to get in before any of their children counterparts. Come to think of it, were any of the FE4 substitutes in Awakening's spotpass maps? I can't remember for sure, but my gut says no. I'd expect to see Daniela and her amazing flying horse before we see any of the FE4 substitutes. :p

No, but they got cards in the first version of FE's card game (and are likely to get cards for the second card game once the series reaches that point). Besides, Genealogy already had two Spotpass sets by that point on top of spilling over with Thracia and the Villains sets (and some of the subs were actually intended to show up in Thracia, but the plans fell through along with some additional Gen 2 appearances).

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2017, 04:59:41 PM »
It's the first in the series, so whoever makes it in will largely be a popularity contest. That and factoring in movesets, does every main character(besides Micaiah and Hector) use a sword? Maybe they should work on that, one of the biggest pluses of Suikoden 5 was that the main character wasn't a sword user.

Might be a buy for me if they make a sequel, I usually skip the first game to let them work out the kinks.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2017, 05:04:45 PM »
one of the biggest pluses of Suikoden 5 was that the main character wasn't a sword user.

Those nunchuck things were cool.  I need to find my copy and finish it someday.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2017, 06:39:13 PM »
It's the first in the series, so whoever makes it in will largely be a popularity contest. That and factoring in movesets, does every main character(besides Micaiah and Hector) use a sword? Maybe they should work on that, one of the biggest pluses of Suikoden 5 was that the main character wasn't a sword user.

Might be a buy for me if they make a sequel, I usually skip the first game to let them work out the kinks.
If the criteria is just "can they use a sword" then I think that might be correct? There is a some variety among the sword users are the games go on (such as Robin using a Sword/Tomb combo and Corrin using a Sword/Dragonstone combo). Truthfully, despite there being so many sword lords, they can make some decent variety among them. I mean Ike's one handed longsword technique will differ from Marth's fencing technique which will differ from Chrom's sword and board style (which is what I would personally give him). Some of the lords from the SNES games might be a bit harder to differentiate, but I think can at least make them feel different (once they eventually add all of them).

As for Suikoden, didn't the majority of main characters in that series use non-sword weapons? Tir used a staff, Riou used tonfas, Hugo used...a dagger I think?, IV's hero used twin swords, Kyril used...a weird sword staff thing(?), and V's used the three sectioned staff.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2017, 09:30:23 PM »
What they're probably going to do is use the different basic classes like Lord, Cavalier, Pegasus Knight, Thief, Mage, Mercenary, Wyvern Rider, Manakete, Archer, Knight, etc... for movesets and cast based upon examples of those classes.

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2017, 10:57:45 PM »

If the criteria is just "can they use a sword" then I think that might be correct? There is a some variety among the sword users are the games go on (such as Robin using a Sword/Tomb combo and Corrin using a Sword/Dragonstone combo). Truthfully, despite there being so many sword lords, they can make some decent variety among them. I mean Ike's one handed longsword technique will differ from Marth's fencing technique which will differ from Chrom's sword and board style (which is what I would personally give him). Some of the lords from the SNES games might be a bit harder to differentiate, but I think can at least make them feel different (once they eventually add all of them).

As for Suikoden, didn't the majority of main characters in that series use non-sword weapons? Tir used a staff, Riou used tonfas, Hugo used...a dagger I think?, IV's hero used twin swords, Kyril used...a weird sword staff thing(?), and V's used the three sectioned staff.

The other 2 main character of Suikoden 3 used swords I think, those are the only ones I remember.  Although you can make the argument that Thomas is the real main character of that game as he is the Tenkai star, which is traditionally the main character of the game.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2017, 11:41:00 PM »

The other 2 main character of Suikoden 3 used swords I think, those are the only ones I remember.  Although you can make the argument that Thomas is the real main character of that game as he is the Tenkai star, which is traditionally the main character of the game.

And Thomas still used Sting a Sword that should've been named Sting.

Though Geodde used a Sword, he was more of a battlemage since his big thing was casting Lightning magic.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2017, 09:12:43 AM »
What they're probably going to do is use the different basic classes like Lord, Cavalier, Pegasus Knight, Thief, Mage, Mercenary, Wyvern Rider, Manakete, Archer, Knight, etc... for movesets and cast based upon examples of those classes.

You know, a robust character creator with "default" movesets for all of the traditional classes would be cool.  Then the "main" characters could get their own unique movesets to complement.

And if you can download created characters, all the better.

If Dynasty Warriors can do it, they can do it with this.