Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Tomara on Today at 04:17:06 PM »
Hammy’s (my attic squirrel) house adventure is over. Thankfully, he did not die in the house. He actually made his way into the basement last week (not sure how, but it is a 60+ year old house). I found out about his relocation the hard way, when I discovered things knocked over; chewed up; and/or pooped on down there.
Since the majority of electrical and gas connections are in the basement, I bit the bullet and purchased an animal trap. Within 24 hours, his ass was caged. I took him for a 20 minute drive Saturday morning, and let him loose at a forest preserve.
Adios, asshole.

I'm glad both Hammy and your house are okay. Hopefully he's able to start a nice new life in the forest preserve :)
Anime, TV, and Movies / Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Last post by Tomara on Today at 04:14:00 PM »
If you want a smart shonen protagonist, you should try Dr. Stone when its first volume comes out. Being smart is really that MC's primary defining feature.

I've seen that one around, but I think I hate the artstyle. Female characters have this weird bendy, blobby anatomy.

Bleach

Not to mention most battles eventually turned into showcases for Bankais and other special powers. I was so pissed when Renji and Ishida teamed up (which was cool), managed to think up a strategy and actually work together (even cooler), and landed a solid hit on on a seemingly invincible opponent (awesome!), only for it to be revealed that everything they did was basically useless and that the battle was actually meant as a set-up to let the local Mengele save the day. That outcome was just so many layers of horrible...

In the end, most fights turned into playground levels of bullshit. You know how playfights between kids are? They like "Pew, you're dead!" "No, I'm wearing a bullet proof vest!" "But my gun shoots through those!" "Nuh, uh, this one is special!" And five minutes the discussion is now somehow about who is stronger: Batman or a T-rex.

(And then shows up the guy who's special ability is turning children's games into deadly attacks. I have no idea if that's some sort of meta commentary or the bullshit just reach Nirvana.)
Anime, TV, and Movies / Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Last post by Chronix112 on Today at 03:55:01 PM »
Bleach had 2  big problems and they just continued to get worse as the series progressed
1. Tite Had a fetish of creating god mode stu villains that took copious amounts of deus ex machIna to deal with, and sometimes even that truly wasn't enough.
2. His refusal to kill off popular characters no matter how mortally injured they may be
« Last post by Towns Car Marty on Today at 03:00:32 PM »
Nedgame

Kinda wish the States had "Amerigame" now.

Hey remember CompUSA? Or maybe that was just a Midwest thing
« Last post by Rucks on Today at 11:59:53 AM »
sigh of relief.gif
« Last post by Frostillicus on Today at 11:44:34 AM »
Hammy’s (my attic squirrel) house adventure is over. Thankfully, he did not die in the house. He actually made his way into the basement last week (not sure how, but it is a 60+ year old house). I found out about his relocation the hard way, when I discovered things knocked over; chewed up; and/or pooped on down there.
Since the majority of electrical and gas connections are in the basement, I bit the bullet and purchased an animal trap. Within 24 hours, his ass was caged. I took him for a 20 minute drive Saturday morning, and let him loose at a forest preserve.
Adios, asshole.
Brush and Quill / Re: Book Thread Continued
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 11:37:16 AM »
Elves can talk to leaves and Aragorn is part Elf.  Boom.

Man, I really should have been a lawyer.
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 11:35:15 AM »
Nedgame

Kinda wish the States had "Amerigame" now.

Anyways, haps: saw a live production of My Fair Lady over the weekend.  It was actually good!  Quite good!  Very impressed with the local talent for both Henry Higgins (exceptional) and Eliza Doolittle (quite good).  However, the guy who played Colonel Pickering (a dream role of mine) did literally nothing with the role.  Basically all he did was deliver lines and not be in the way.  Couldn't even do an English accent, not even a bad one.
Still, everything else was unimpeachable, and the sets and costumes were both well beyond expectation.  They even pulled off Ascot Opening Day sequence (best part of the whole musical).
Hot Take: Lard has his posts pre-written and ready to post before he saw the movie.  What do you guys think?
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 07:14:37 AM »
Meanwhile, only Soleil got demoted to Uncommon, which is fine with me since I pulled a Shiro from the previous banner.

But it is really shitty that the next t_t (its assumed to be a t_t due to no other new units getting added with the update) 40%ers are seasonal units (I never would've sprung for that Prince Pineapple if I had known; glad I didn't bother gunning for Rhajat, who's handling is now pretty poor), especially compared to the previous t_t which had 40%ers that players might have had, including one from the Common pool.

Further meanwhile, my free pull was a 3 star Nino with a bunch of SI fodder to follow suit, so I'm back to paying for my earlier stupidity regarding the Gheb BHeB banner.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10