Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (no not X)
« Last post by Grainofariver on Today at 06:48:50 PM »
He's perfectly entitled to his opinion, just as I'm entitled to mine. I wish I had a more serious post to offer on finishing the game, but for the most part I feel like I'd just be repeating myself. Instead, I had a little bit of fun... Actually a lot of fun. The criticisms are still there though, and I stand by them, just as I stand by every other criticism I leveled toward the game. I still ended up with 84 hours played, and considering I bailed on Star Ocean 5 after just 10 (a.k.a. the half-way point), it's not like I found the game utterly atrocious. Funnily enough, those three words do a pretty solid job summing up my feelings.

I do want to get to the original, but for now I've got to clear some stuff in my backlog. Unless Dragon Quest XI's release date ends up much closer that I'm thinking, it'll be a while yet before the next big thing comes along, so there's plenty of time.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Top 10 Story-Driven RPGs
« Last post by Grainofariver on Today at 06:24:43 PM »
For sure! I was trying really hard to figure out how to make my comment without coming across as if I was shutting you down or devaluing the points you brought up. Hopefully I got there.
« Last post by Dincrest on Today at 05:38:03 PM »
@Grainofariver Sweet food for thought, man.  It's because what makes a story "good" or "compelling" to each of us is so idiosyncratic that I wanted to open up the discussions as to why we value the kinds of stories we do. 
« Last post by Agent D. on Today at 11:44:47 AM »
I care for his 3 word review about as much as I cared for his term paper-length evaluation and comparison.
« Last post by Frostillicus on Today at 10:30:03 AM »
I wanted to put a "1" in front of them all but thought it would affect the integrity of the message I was trying to send. 

There's no integrity in extreme fanboi-ism.
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 10:12:46 AM »
@Agent D. is not going to like that three-word review at the end of your post, @Grainofariver :P
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 10:12:10 AM »
@Kevadu - I wanted to put a "1" in front of them all but thought it would affect the integrity of the message I was trying to send.  But then again, maybe it would have further reinforced the message.

I'm happy to see Chrono Cross being discussed here, despite its story really kinda being all over the place.  I prefer Cross to Trigger (because it's a better game), but Trigger is pretty good about managing to be straightforward and explicable, and with a video game time travel story, no less!
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Tomara on Today at 05:26:18 AM »
Possessed Takumi comes with Fury. Because he's angry.

Actually, no, angry may be the wrong word. I spoiled myself by reading the mined data, and he's mostly confused and sad and says 'The enemy!' only slightly more often than Brave Lyn.

The Fury 3 is not a joke though.

On that note, I really hate the concept of the Chill SPD skill. I guess they want to punish the speed-centric game a little bit, but it's stupid to have a debuff that just works on the best opposing unit with no thought needed into how it's used.

I took one look at my Celica and gave her Renewal.
« Last post by Hathen on Today at 04:45:24 AM »
I only have ~130 orbs so I'll probably sit on them until the Legendary banner or something. There's also another new heroes banner early next month which will totally be the Thracia banner this time pinky swear'd.

Anyway having themes for the new hero banners like that sibling one early on is cool, but it'd be nice if we actually got some new heroes on the new hero banners instead of the second of third Celicas we'll have and the, what, 5th Robin? Arabian King Incel is in though so that's something, and we now have that blue armor with a legendary weapon I thought we'd never see.

It's nice that they added Bold and Vengeful fighter to the regular pool, but I'm expecting them to remain 5-star exclusive while Celica drops down (if one drops at all) and offers Hone Attack 3 at 4* instead of any of the shiny new skills they just introduced. On that note, I really hate the concept of the Chill SPD skill. I guess they want to punish the speed-centric game a little bit, but it's stupid to have a debuff that just works on the best opposing unit with no thought needed into how it's used. At least with Gunnthra it was unit-specific, but you can stick Chill SPD on your dancer or whatever and let it fly (it doesn't seem to have any limitations whatsoever so you could stick it on a staffbot too I guess). I guess Harsh Command might get some real use now, though.

Also I know it probably won't happen, but it'd be hilarious if we got a bunch of free Close Counters. It probably wouldn't even be that broken because Close Counter is usually put into weird niche builds, and the one unit that completely dominates with it comes with it in her base kit anyway.
« Last post by Tomara on Today at 03:19:35 AM »
I feel conflicted. Yes, we're now a step closer to Takumi emblem, but that isn't really Takumi. Okay, the Heroes version seem to have atleast something left of himself compared to the Fates version, but still... I'm going to feel bad if I use him too much.

Speaking of Takumi, holy shit, I've been lucky with my pulls ever since I got the New Year's version! A Saber for a free pull, three 5 star heroes from the Legendary banner for a little over 30 orbs including two with ideal boons, a Lovely Lyn within 50 orbs or so (and some good fodder to boot), and now, after pulling a total of seven characters from the Fallen Heroes banner:

1. Hardin
2. Hinata (4 stars, so perfect Fury fodder)
3. Nino (3 stars, but draw back is always nice)
4. Marth (MY FIRST! oh, and 4 stars)
5. Marth (also 4 stars, but this one is +atk!)
6. Lon'qu (4 stars, so Vantage 3 is ready to go)
7. Duma Celica

Having a Grima!Robin as well would be cool, but I'm not going to push the luck Takumi has given me. I'll save my 400+ orbs for something else.

There's a downside though: I'm running out of basic fodder. There isn't even a Swap left for Hardin!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10