Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Trails/Kiseki Thread! Trails of Whateva
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 10:55:53 PM »
I read that they got a few of the localizers from XSeed working on this? Is that true?

Perhaps, at least until they stop paying them, shove them in a box deep in the bowels of NISA headquarters, and feed them only one slice of moldy beweeviled bread, and some dirty water that was probably used to swab the deck and rung out of the mop, once every two days one 'all-beef' hotdog + a dab of the cheapest ketchup, mustard and relish known to man, and a single snack sized bag of chips (bottled water must be purchased from the company's vending machine for a buck fifty and no other source of on-site portable liquids), until they die, escape or the game leaves development hell and ships (plus the time needed for consumers to find all the bugs, to report them to NISA, for NISA project mangers to throw said report away, for their mangers to tell their 'staff' to simply 'fix it', and to release whatever patch comes from all of that which will only work on the PS4 version; the PC version will simply remain a Gordian Knot of programming, bugs, untranslated gobbledygook, 'Big Holes', and broken events until the end of time).
« Last post by kkhohoho on Yesterday at 10:28:11 PM »
And now instead of a $40-60 special edition, you get the typical NIS $100 special edition with a partial soundtrack and a bunch of plastic crap. Not that XSeed didn't do that, but it was at least cheaper.

I read that they got a few of the localizers from XSeed working on this? Is that true?

We'll know tomorrow. They're going to have a big conference on all the titles they're working on including CSIII. And they'll be introducing the localization staff personally.
« Last post by Nel_Annette on Yesterday at 08:24:14 PM »
And now instead of a $40-60 special edition, you get the typical NIS $100 special edition with a partial soundtrack and a bunch of plastic crap. Not that XSeed didn't do that, but it was at least cheaper.

« Last post by Akanbe- on Yesterday at 07:02:55 PM »
Crap.
« Last post by Mickeymac92 on Yesterday at 02:33:59 PM »
*Sigh* I know the trailer was probably rushed out for the announcement, but watching it compared to similar trailers for Cold Steel 1 & 2 really ticks my excitement down a notch. And I honestly can't tell if NISA is simply outbidding XSEED, or if XSEED no longer wishes to take on what they've admitted were extremely big projects. I'll probably still enjoy it, but I'm not expecting the level of polish the series has had up to this point, in terms of both localization and stability, if Ys VIII and Tokyo Xanadu are anything to go by.
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 10:40:47 AM »
Welp... NIS just put out a trailer for Trails of Cold Steel 3 on their Facebook page. XSeed didn't get it. Poop.

To use my Discord response:

« Last post by Nel_Annette on Yesterday at 10:23:17 AM »
Welp... NIS just put out a trailer for Trails of Cold Steel 3 on their Facebook page. XSeed didn't get it. Poop.
Anime, TV, and Movies / Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Last post by Mickeymac92 on January 16, 2019, 02:30:34 AM »
@Annubis

To give a more naunced response, I did read quite a bit of the Wikia, which actually seemed to provide a different summary for the manga/anime and the webnovel on a page-by-page basis, and I certainly noticed some differences, but on the whole, it seems like there's a lot more in this story that I would've found distasteful than I originally thought. I mean, considering how integral slavery is to the overall plot, and the main character's complacency for it despite having our modern world's sensibilities already makes me genuinely hate the protagonist the same way the webnovel iteration of Re;Monster's interpretation of its protagonist ignited so much rage within me - they should know better.

I can excuse Goblin Slayer, because yeah, I'd probably hate those Goblins too, and he has zero reason to ever think otherwise. I can excuse Toyohisa from Drifters because yeah, he's from a different time, and as psychotic as he seems, at least he's getting things done in a world that otherwise seems hilariously incompetant when it comes to stopping the Ends, where their previous attempt arguably just made everything worse by establishing the Fourth Reich.

But I just can't get behind a character who seems to be in it for himself, getting back at characters for entirely petty reasons, and only making the world better on accident so long as he's spiting someone else, while willfully engaging with a system that deprives others of their freedom. We already have politicians for that.
Anime, TV, and Movies / Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Last post by Annubis on January 15, 2019, 09:20:34 PM »
As for Shield Hero, let me know when you get to the part where a woman is beaten, has her name legally changed to Fuck Whore, and sold to Jabba the Hut as a sex slave, all for accusing the Shield Douche of raping her.

I'm pretty sure that won't be in the anime (either because they won't go all the way to that part of the story or because they aren't fucking stupid =/)
A lot of super toxic LN are better consumed as the manga or anime version simply because they remove the extreme ideas that the writers get.

Hell, the manga version of "Re:Monster" is hilarious because it's pretty much family friendly while the novel version is quite something.
Mad respect for the mangaka doing that one.

2) What? *Checks Wikia* Oh. Well, that killed my interest in Shield Hero in no time flat. Thanks. Goddamnit, that's like, the 5th webnovel that I've seen crosses that line, and SOA and Goblin Slayer both proved that there's no reason for the animators to sanitize those elements, so it's probably for the best that I just go back to ignoring Isekai stories of this ilk.

I mean, if you want to take a stance, that's fine and understandable but if it's just the event that's turning you off, like I said above, it's clearly going to be cleansed in the anime (should it even reach there and that will clearly need more than 1 season). Even the manga softened that whole part out because it's just... yeah.
General Discussions / Re: ATTENTION: Podcast Feedback
« Last post by Annubis on January 15, 2019, 09:14:52 PM »
The sound quality of some of the hosts is sometimes quite bad.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10