Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Anime, TV, and Movies / Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Last post by Rook on Today at 09:57:46 PM »
Holmes of Kyoto (12-minute drop):  Antique appraisal has never been so boring.

On a lark I googled all of the Current Season Stuff you listed and this actually looks like something I could maybe watch.  I think I enjoy boring anime, though?

You might like The Great Passage (amazon) its about a guy who writes dictionaries.
The Soundroom / Re: Basscapella: New YouTube channel covering VGM on bass
« Last post by Rucks on Today at 08:58:59 PM »
Gotta agree with Ironmage on this one. It literally says in the forum rules that you can get banned if your first posts are just begging for money or YouTube subscriptions.  And it's not like that is exclusive to RPGFan.  It's like that across a significant portion of internet forums. Your music is nifty, but your form is piss poor.
In your "full" version, I hear no guitar at all
In the original version, there isn't any guitar. Exhibit A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx6L5b-ACVk. Perhaps my ears just aren't hearing it.
In your full version, I hear synthesizer music in the background, and see you playing the guitar, but I don't hear you playing the guitar.  It's all synthesizer.  Whether or not there is a guitar track in the original is immaterial.  Did you not listen to your video before uploading it?
Here's the one I released this week, the "Diddle's Organ" from Legend of Mana. Full version is here
Now you see, that's what I'm talking about.  You're doing things with the guitar, and I can hear it making noises.  I think.

Meh, I guess I disagree. I simply made something, and wanted to share it, nothing more.
I apologize, I misunderstood your intent.  I had assumed from your repeated requests for youtube subscriptions, and your newly-minted patreon, that you were a small-time spammer trying to monetize his hobby.  But if you're just here to share your talent, I guess that's okay.

Plus it costs nothing to subscribe.
It's not costing me anything to click "dislike" on your videos, either.
General Games / Re: No Man's Sky -or- Meet Yoda in the Stars.
« Last post by Mickeymac92 on Today at 08:04:07 PM »
Not gonna lie, the lack of multiplayer being shoved in my face, or at least dangled over my head like a rotten carrot, was actually a feature in my eyes, not a flaw....yeah, I'm not gonna jump in again just for that.

Then again, I do think the previous updates have helped for the most part, so it's not like I'm writing it off or anything, but I just need to save going back to it for when I'm in the mood for a laid-back survival sci-fi experience, at this point.
General Games / Re: No Man's Sky -or- Meet Yoda in the Stars.
« Last post by Jimmy on Today at 06:28:17 PM »
I'm necroing this topic since the NEXT update is coming out next week. If you haven't heard, this update will make a lot of changes to the game. Most importantly: multiplayer. So even though Yoda doesn't post anymore (to my knowledge), we can finally meet him in the stars.

It looks like this update will make the game we all were hoping it would be when it first came out two years ago. I understand that it likely lost its relevance in the interim, but I'm going to be picking it back up this weekend to re-familiarize myself with the controls. Anyone interested in playing together once the update is released?
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 03:41:03 PM »
What really got me (beyond the P2W horseshit) was just how much time they spent on the themed banners. Because I sure do want to spend all those free orbs you're giving us on what would otherwise qualify as pity breakers. The upside to that though was that at the very least, that's 15 free 3 star Matthews, Lissas, Lon'qus, Saizos, Shannas, Arthurs, Merrics, Raighs, etc... to clog up your barracks with (which they didn't offer a free cap expansion for either).

Askr updates are nice, but the forge effects are indeed questionable (Alfonse gets better survival rates against Greens at the cost of Blue foes and no help from Reds who are his biggest problem to begin with; Sharena gets better melee durability which she really wants since she's oddly not that durable given her role on the team; and Anna jacks Takumi's role wholesale, if she had better survival rates, I'd say just slap Distant Counter on her and have the Taco sulk in a corner until he gets possessed).

As for the Awakening banner, Walhart's the big prize here. So far, Axe Cavalry have had to make due on three different Jagen/Olfey archetypes, of which only Frederick really impressed as a hard hitting anti-armor unit, and two limited units (a seasonal and a T_T reward no less), so finally getting an Axe Cav that doesn't fall into either bracket is a win for us. And while Libra is nice (hell, any Axe Infantry user from between FE7's Hawkeye to Fate's Arthur is appreciated), I would've preferred a Sully alt instead (1. because she deserves one, and 2. because we were just that close to having a Chrom's Angels banner). As for what we did get, Sumia is a 'about fucking time' inclusion given how many other Caeda archtypes already fill the skies around here, with Maribelle completing Chrom's waifu set (aside from the random village girl). At least we're almost done with Awakening's Gen 1.

On the subject of Lords' waifus/husbandos, Hector's still missing Farina, Roy's still short Sue and Larum, Ike will never get to be with Ranulf, Elincia's still waiting on Lucia, Micaiah continues to remain forever alone, and Kris is outright MIA.

My problem with the Arena update is that it sounds like its not just bragging rights, but also better/more numerous rewards, and that slots this firmly into the P2W model that's kept me away from mobile garbage up until FEH (for reference, I've been slowly powercreeping my Arena team just to keep up with tier 18.5 and there's no way in hell my current team has any hope of reaching tier 19.5). The one upside is that this'll make castle screenshots easier to identify who the Wailords are.

And while I've already voiced my complaints on the GCN changes, I should note that it won't change the way I've been playing GCN from before too much, since I've kinda settled on dumping all of my stamina in one go, then revisiting every couple of hours for to dump again, all while keeping my stock of Lances for the final hours so that I can bumrush a few extra territories for the team before anybody can react. But now mistakes are costlier and attendance carries actual stakes, and I hated that bullshit in the VG and I'll hate it here too (and it rewards having even better Barracks to fight/sandbag with or dumping points on low effort territories). I'm also hoping that the defense value boost change doesn't change bumrush strategies since those are actually kinda fun if you do them right (though there's no real chance in hell this isn't explicitly designed to counter such strats and that's just hot dogshit).
« Last post by Hathen on Today at 05:34:29 AM »
Found the Feh Channel pretty disappointing myself. Awakening banner was somewhat expected given all the other things going on atm, but the other annoucements are what made it worse. More Whalebait changes to events, underwhelming refines for the Askrs, and a new event that sounds like a snoozefest (I'll reserve my judgment for a bit though). TT unit reruns is nice, although a bit disappointed I can't +1 my Tobin/get a free Armorsmasher+ inherit. Free BK merge though (at this rate it'll still be like 15 years before we can +10 any of these units though).

Awakening Banner: Expected but still kinda boring, because all the characters they decided on are really...safe choices. Cool that we're getting all these new inheritable weapons though. Olivia's appeal is limited to me since I already have lots of dancers, but they went for SI bait too since Bracing Stance is terrible on her but would be loved by a ton of mix tank units. Sumia continues our trend of stupid speed power creeping by being faster than like half the swordmasters in the game, combined with a base skillset that's utterly unsynergistic with that- looking forward to Reprisal Lance Effies and such though. Maribelle is our new best staffbot and surprisingly it looks like Colorless won't be our demote for once with 5 slots in her base set and one of them being the ever-broken Dazzling Staff. Libra's our frontrunner for Demotion and he looks great for SI. Wo Gun (an utterly baffling name because Gun means Club/Staff but the sprite is of an axe anyway) was inevitable, and hopefully Spur ATK/RES as his 4* skill which I can think of a ton of uses for. That aside I really like his even statline- broken armors aside only Camilla really has a similar spread.

All that being said, I took my free colorless roll and got 3* Felicia. Hooray. New story chapters introduced Hrid though, who doesn't look anything like I'd imagined he would. I figured they'd either go for a twinky prettyboy which fits the rest of the family, but he's generic g rizzled good-looking dude which I guess was the next choice. He's also holding a sword so everyone automatically stopped caring about getting him as a unit.

Askr Trio: The base refine for Folkvangr is really great and Alfonse can become a really strong bruiser with it thanks to Ares being available, but TA is a lazy effect to stick on there IMO. He'll almost certainly be better off with an ATK or DEF refine (gets him 2 extra HP too). Anna's refine has limited use but it fits thematically so I'll give it a pass. Fensalir probably has the best refine all-around. Overall they're okay effects but they feel kinda underwhelming considering how long it took for them to come along, and you'd think they'd want to fix the fact they can't be merged somehow alongside introducing them.

Arena changes: There's really nothing I can say that wouldn't be painfully obvious. It sounds like crowns are nothing but bragging points though so I'll give them that at least.

GC: Making it harder for your team to get completely curbstomped is a good change I suppose, team ranks seem really unnecessary though. I guess the point is to encourage people to be active and spend lances each round instead of just at the end. Whatever- think of it as free feathers we wouldn't have gotten otherwise and it's not that bad.

Forging Bonds: Not sure how to feel about this one. On the one hand, more actual dialogue in the game sounds like the type of change we need, but the stream was kinda vague as to how it works. Really hope we don't need to actually own said units to unlock the conversations, and if they don't use the opportunity for some cross-game conversations it'll be totally pointless. Don't like that they're making accessories part of it either, I would've really rather those things just be stuck as a fluff customization thing instead of yet another equipment menu I have to constantly shuffle around to get my squad ready for play.

The big problem really, is that gameplay-wise it looks like a complete snooze- we're playing through the same maps, again-again. The game's been really stale gameplay-wise for a while now, and all the "look at all these free orbs we're giving you" that takes up so much time in their announcements has been becoming more and more transparent.
« Last post by Tomara on Today at 04:42:42 AM »
As long as I still get max orbs from Arena every week, I'm okay with the changes. In fact, this encouragement to use bonus units works out rather well for me, because I have this tendency to build whatever seems fun/interesting.

The Grand Conquest addition doesn't seem so bad to me either. It's just another opportunity to earn some more feathers.

As for all the other stuff:
- A whole bunch of free summons! Yay!
- Orbs, orbs and more orbs.
- Tempest Trials units making a comeback! And not all of them are Marth! Nice!
- The grindy new support seems like it could be okay.
- The orbs from the new chapter brought home Summer Leo. That's all I wanted.

Speaking of Summer Leo, guess how low it took me to get one. Seven pity breakers. All of them arguably better than the unit I wanted. Luck is strange sometimes. In any case, a certain ship has set sail for a tropical island!
The Soundroom / Legend of Mana: Diddle's Organ Basscappella
« Last post by ghaladen on Today at 03:04:22 AM »
[User is Banned.]
[User is Banned.]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10