Author Topic: FFXIV Thread

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
Re: FFXIV Thread
« Reply #570 on: October 16, 2010, 01:05:47 AM »
No. People will complain even when the fixes are implemented. And there are certainly those who "look down" on people having fun with this. SE did mess up. I agree with that.
I agree with the complaining when fixes are implemented, but not the people here; if FFXIV has even half the functionality of FFXI by a year I'm sure people here will be glad to give it a shot. I haven't seen anyone here criticizing people for liking the game, only criticizing them for not letting anyone talk about the game negatively without being called whiners and unreasonable.

Cesta

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 16, 2010, 01:19:32 AM »
I hope that is the case Leyviur.

Dios GX

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 16, 2010, 01:34:13 AM »
Square-Enix is giving everyone 30 more free days of playtime if you register(ed) before oct 25

REALLY THANKS FOR POSTING THAT IT CLEARLY WAS NOT POSTED BEFORE YOU

oh wait

They're also giving everyone a free month of their free trial for everyone who registered before Oct 25th.

Source

Oops looks like Tenchi posted it before you did! Oh well, looks like it stands to underscore your inability to fucking read, Thoren-chan <3

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 16, 2010, 01:41:59 AM »
I have this huge rant ready for people who defend shittily made games, but I don't wanna type it, it's long and wordy. Instead, easy answer is if the game is shit, fix it if it can be fixed. If you can't fix it, then why in god's name did you release it to begin with? Morons defending this game right now, saying it's fine, or it's not that bad, you should be slapped. This isn't fine, this is the kind of work that if it were a buildinig they made, would be deemed hazardous, and condemned within years, if it didn't simply fall to pieces before that. fix your game, SE, for fucks sake.

TASTY!

Sagacious-T

• Official Pony Thread
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 16, 2010, 01:47:15 AM »
Square-Enix is giving everyone 30 more free days of playtime if you register(ed) before oct 25

REALLY THANKS FOR POSTING THAT IT CLEARLY WAS NOT POSTED BEFORE YOU

oh wait

They're also giving everyone a free month of their free trial for everyone who registered before Oct 25th.

Source

Oops looks like Tenchi posted it before you did! Oh well, looks like it stands to underscore your inability to fucking read, Thoren-chan <3

Says the moron who can't even put http in his sig properly.

owned

Parn

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 16, 2010, 01:47:27 AM »
Stay classy Parn.

Ahahahaha.  Says the guy who said all the FFXIV haters can "kiss my ass" on his Facebook page.

By the way, weren't you done with this thread?

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #576 on: October 16, 2010, 01:52:00 AM »
Tony, take your sig down.

Parn

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 16, 2010, 02:08:09 AM »
You edited, so I guess I should reply to it.

Maybe if you actually spent the time and effort playing and participating with the rest of the LS, you'd be of a higher level and find something redeeming about the game.

Or, I could just play with a certain someone of my choosing because I want to hang out with them and enjoy that person's company.  If being a higher level is the path to enjoying the game, then quite frankly, this game is definitely not for me.  I shouldn't have to hang out with the LS folks that you hang out with.  I shouldn't have to play the game your way.

But, since you're more content taking my posts out of context and attacking me

Take what out of context?  I like how people throw this statement out arbitrarily when it doesn't even make any sense.  You're the one who wants to "TIRED OF ALL THE QQ AROUND HERE" in the thread and then throws a tantrum about how he's not going to post anymore, then posts the next day.

You seem to think that we should give Square Enix special treatment because they have a history of being shitty with FFXI.  That's bullshit.  Now they're taking minor strides towards being less shitty through the addition of features that should have been resolved during beta testing since they received feedback about it all back then, and I'm supposed to suddenly be fawning over their unfinished MMORPG?  Don't forget, I really, /REALLY/ wanted this game to be awesome.  I wouldn't shut the fuck up about it since it was first announced.  Lord knows my asshole friends who I talk to frequently on my Mumble server can verify that.  I went out of my way spending a good bit of money to be able to play this game.  Yeah, I'm being unreasonable when it's Square Enix that released a game that's getting a Metacritic average in the 50s.

you'll fall behind like you did in XI and ragequit again.

Too late!

paerarru

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 16, 2010, 10:17:43 AM »

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 16, 2010, 12:37:04 PM »
Ignoring a warning from an editor just a few posts in? I think I'm going to be a bit judgmental here!

And wow, what a mess this thread is. I don't think I'll close it though so long as a modicum of civility is kept.

Dios GX

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 16, 2010, 01:25:08 PM »
owned
Had to say that yourself because nobody else agreed with you? Reminds me of a comedian who has to laugh at his own jokes. Weak sauce.

Do any of you people even play games anymore, or has your blind hatred driven you to do nothing but say the same tired shit over and over again regarding this game? Oh, yeah, I guess it would, since none of you have played it to know what content it even has. I guess we should go back to talk about soon forthcoming games like Mass Effect 2, because it's going to be SO AMAZING AND GREAT and then a week after launch nobody cared anymore.

You guys have shitty taste in games.

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #581 on: October 16, 2010, 04:29:24 PM »
Do any of you people even play games anymore, or has your blind hatred driven you to do nothing but say the same tired shit over and over again regarding this game? Oh, yeah, I guess it would, since none of you have played it to know what content it even has.
So how much of it have you played, Tony, since it's apparently the greatest game ever? Weren't you also the one who judged Yakuza and Etrian Odyssey based on limited playtime or small amounts of information? And people here are driven by "blind hatred"? You mean the same thing you're consistently posting, day after day?

*Sniff* I smell a hypocrite.

You guys have shitty taste in games.
Oh, playing the "shitty taste" card now and self-assumed superiority. Jesus Christ. You know, I can at the very least respect, say, Stephen's opinion without agreeing with him because he maintains a degree of civility; you do no such thing and would rather alienate people who are somewhat friendly with you over petty and moronic bullshit like this. I'm sure that one or two more isn't going to matter to you, and you'll probably just take my post and further enable your delusions of grandeur with it without even reading, because stroking your wounded ego is apparently more important than keeping friendly with other people.

Good show, Tony, really good show.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 04:31:12 PM by Leyviur »

Cesta

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 16, 2010, 04:32:02 PM »
Ignoring a warning from an editor just a few posts in? I think I'm going to be a bit judgmental here!

And wow, what a mess this thread is. I don't think I'll close it though so long as a modicum of civility is kept.

We will behave. It's all due to high expectations from SE. Fans are defensive or angry right now. I'm going to wait and see if the changes fix the issues I have with it. Hopefully, people will relax if it does. This thread will help provide info in the meantime.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 16, 2010, 06:20:52 PM »
This thread is like a flashback of FFXI's release. Lots of fanboys, lots of butthurt, lots of trolls loling ridiculous hard, and still Blizzard continues to reign supreme.

TASTY!

Uru

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 16, 2010, 06:38:03 PM »
Christ, I just finished reading the 6 pages on here that Ive missed since being busy with school. When Parn and Thoren are the voices of reason in a thread, something has gone wrong.

The good news is you can buy the collectors addition for like 30 bucks on amazon if you are still interested...