Author Topic: FFXIV Thread

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
Re: FFXIV Thread
« Reply #660 on: November 20, 2010, 01:27:30 AM »
eventually be fixed in short order

I think this sums up how badly people try to justify some of the nonsensical shortcomings of this game pretty well.

more than half of them will still find something else they don't like about the game so they can continue to have something to complain about

Ah yes, the good ol' "you'd complain about something even if it was perfect" argument.

who genuinely want to play the game

ITT: People who wanted something out of the game enough to stick through a heavily flawed alpha/beta, then spend $50+ on it despite that didn't want the game to be good.

Jaded much? How about you bring something new to the table. As you don't play the game and have no interest in doing so and the complaint train has run its course, why are you even still contributing to this thread?

I gotta say Stephen, I think you're a little too near your fandom right now. From any perspective, be it as an investor, a developer, or a player, FFXIV is a dead-on-arrival product. It has too many problems. If they're fixed down the line, great. It becomes viable. But right now, it's like renting an apartment that lacks plumbing and windows. Sure, you can get them put in, but until the landlord fixes such issues, it's not a place I'd want to live.

It feels very much like you're making the argument that people don't "get it" when it comes to FFXIV, which isn't the case at all. Gamers often get a variety of Stockholme Syndrome, wherein they defend the developer or game despite all rational arguments telling them otherwise. I've been there myself, and I'm sure we all have. There are guilty pleasures we all enjoy, and some of us aren't ashamed. There's nothing wrong with that.

The issue I think most people have with your method is that you attempt to validate your opinion in a factual way, or resort to a defensive tone, neither of which holds up when the situation is this one-sided. I understand loyalty to a brand, to a company, a product, or even standing by your investment and purchases, but you can't be too self-righteous about it.

On the other hand? Yeah, I'll agree that some people go too far with the "hurr hurr bad gaem is bad" tone of voice. It's not fun to sit back and watch while your guilty pleasure gets slammed. Sometimes you just can't and you need to say something. Again, been there, done that. But remember, you cannot then go out slagging people because they have valid complaints, no matter how numerous or aggressive they may be.

In the end, this thread isn't just for praise, awe, and neutrality. It's also for bitterness, disgust, and disappointment. It's for the grievances as much as for the applause. I'd say we all have to respect that.
Dude you're my fucking role model.

TASTY!

Tenchi-no-Ryu

• RPGFan's MMO Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 20, 2010, 04:41:29 AM »
Jaded much? How about you bring something new to the table. As you don't play the game and have no interest in doing so and the complaint train has run its course, why are you even still contributing to this thread?
You can't just dismiss perfectly valid complaints and criticism because you like the game. Putting up strawman arguments doesn't strengthen your position, it only undermines it. I know for a fact that half the people in this thread who are still complaining about FFXIV are people who really wanted it to succeed and are severely disappointed at its current state. It's fine that you like it, but "ENJOY IT OR GTFO" is not a compelling argument.

The point I was trying to make was that it's the same people expressing the same thing over and over again. Instead of it being constructive criticism or god forbid something other than the poor state of the game at launch, it's a broken record. Complaints are well noted and have been for the last two months. I merely asked that if he had nothing else to actually contribute to the thread other than the exact same complaints, why bother? I'm enjoying the game and I'm not going out of my way to be a white knight but when I actually try to have a dialogue about the game in this thread I get a wave of the same complaints and troll baiting we've all had to read since launch. It's just boring to read or respond to. You can call my arguments strawman, but my opinions are just as valid as anyone else who posts here and at least I'm trying to give some insight into the game well beyond the initial levels where most everyone else has quit. If these folks really want the game to succeed they aren't acting like it. They are entitled to their opinion, but I don't have to agree with them. To a point I really do acknowledge and agree with their point of view, but sarcasm isn't an avenue to meaningful discussion for me, especially when it comes to this game. It's beating a dead horse, and I don't think trying to be positive about it means I deserve to get a bullseye painted on me for it. I'm human, I WILL get defensive.

Tenchi-no-Ryu

• RPGFan's MMO Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 20, 2010, 04:46:46 AM »
Hey Tenchi. Can this game be maxed out on the Asus G73?

You can with the exception of Ambient Occlusion. The game doesn't handle it well at all on any hardware I've read. I can't really recommend the G73 because Asus has the clock speed and memory speed on the GPU set so low that most DX9 applications will grayscreen. I cannot play FFXIV on the G73 without upclocking slightly through GPUTool. It runs an already hot system a little warmer but it's stable.

Tenchi-no-Ryu

• RPGFan's MMO Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 20, 2010, 04:55:47 AM »
Well I'd like to play more myself, and with a group to gain some more levels but I can't ever find anybody that wants to play or the biggest problem nobody ever responds.....

Honestly, don't waste your time grouping till after rank 20. Sure people usually do Nannygoats at 16ish but I see those parties so few and far between you'd be better served just running level 10 leves at 3-4 stars or your 20 leves at 1-3 stars with Guardian's Aspect. At least the patch next week will be fixing SP gain and lowering the requirement for getting to R20.

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #664 on: November 20, 2010, 05:18:49 AM »
Ten pages back you laughed and wholly endorsed a loser who literally had nothing of value to add to the discussion, and was posting solely to insult and harass other people who didn't like the game, merely because his opinion was in line with yours. When he was causing trouble you didn't even bat an eye because he agreed with you. Now you're making posts with thinly-veiled insults to people who disagree with you, trying to paint them as rambling lunatics when they haven't said anything remotely offensive. Something tells me that if Tony had taken the opposite stance in his posts you'd have been crying for his ejection from the boards way sooner than anyone else here.

I'm sorry, but I have trouble sympathizing with what you're saying, considering that, reading this entire topic, it went from excitement to tepid enthusiasm to genuine disappointment from pretty much everyone other than you. Nobody said you don't have a right to your opinion. In fact, I don't think I've seen a single person attack you for loving the game, only for calling them crybabies/whiners/etc. Again, if right now the game is broken (and from everything I've heard/seen/read about so far, it definitely is), then complaints and negativity, regardless of how much they're repeated, still hold merit.

Tenchi-no-Ryu

• RPGFan's MMO Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 20, 2010, 05:29:46 AM »
eventually be fixed in short order

I think this sums up how badly people try to justify some of the nonsensical shortcomings of this game pretty well.

more than half of them will still find something else they don't like about the game so they can continue to have something to complain about

Ah yes, the good ol' "you'd complain about something even if it was perfect" argument.

who genuinely want to play the game

ITT: People who wanted something out of the game enough to stick through a heavily flawed alpha/beta, then spend $50+ on it despite that didn't want the game to be good.

I gotta say Stephen, I think you're a little too near your fandom right now. From any perspective, be it as an investor, a developer, or a player, FFXIV is a dead-on-arrival product. It has too many problems. If they're fixed down the line, great. It becomes viable. But right now, it's like renting an apartment that lacks plumbing and windows. Sure, you can get them put in, but until the landlord fixes such issues, it's not a place I'd want to live.

It feels very much like you're making the argument that people don't "get it" when it comes to FFXIV, which isn't the case at all. Gamers often get a variety of Stockholme Syndrome, wherein they defend the developer or game despite all rational arguments telling them otherwise. I've been there myself, and I'm sure we all have. There are guilty pleasures we all enjoy, and some of us aren't ashamed. There's nothing wrong with that.

The issue I think most people have with your method is that you attempt to validate your opinion in a factual way, or resort to a defensive tone, neither of which holds up when the situation is this one-sided. I understand loyalty to a brand, to a company, a product, or even standing by your investment and purchases, but you can't be too self-righteous about it.

On the other hand? Yeah, I'll agree that some people go too far with the "hurr hurr bad gaem is bad" tone of voice. It's not fun to sit back and watch while your guilty pleasure gets slammed. Sometimes you just can't and you need to say something. Again, been there, done that. But remember, you cannot then go out slagging people because they have valid complaints, no matter how numerous or aggressive they may be.

In the end, this thread isn't just for praise, awe, and neutrality. It's also for bitterness, disgust, and disappointment. It's for the grievances as much as for the applause. I'd say we all have to respect that.

I can appreciate your points Mark, but if people have issue with me backing up my opinions with concrete evidence, then I'm sorry, that's how I debate. If folks think I'm being self-righteous I'm humble enough to apologize if called on it. I like to think I have a little more respect for people on these forums than most posters, but when I dish back it's a travesty? But it's ok for me to sit here and take it. In the several years I've been active on these forums I have never had to put people on ignore but in the space of one thread alone I've had to block two people already for being personally insulting.

Anyway the point I was trying to make was quite simple. The issue of the games current state has been debated to the point of obsolescence. It would be refreshing to see people who are actively participating in the thread to contribute some new topics. Heck I'll give you some.

1. Thoughts on the November patch details e.g.
2. Thoughts on them working on a mouse/keyboard UI aside from the current controller UI.
3. Thoughts on upcoming NMs
4. Thoughts on SE's abrupt change in communication with the playerbase and will it last.
5. Thoughts on never seeing an AH, can the retainer system bridge the gap with the upcoming changes.
6. Thoughts on grouping the current state of SP/Fatigue.

I can go on. Alot of these topics don't require people to have played for long or at all to talk about these things. Instead it's the same old song and dance of people complaining for the last two months and when I get fed up at it, it's suddenly fashionable to hop on Tenchi. I can take criticism but don't expect me to treat anyone with respect if they aren't willing to express the same respect in turn. I think I've been more than tolerant of alot of things, but if me being "passive aggressive" is so shocking, then I really have nothing I can say.

Tenchi-no-Ryu

• RPGFan's MMO Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 20, 2010, 05:46:58 AM »
Ten pages back you laughed and wholly endorsed a loser who literally had nothing of value to add to the discussion, and was posting solely to insult and harass other people who didn't like the game, merely because his opinion was in line with yours. When he was causing trouble you didn't even bat an eye because he agreed with you. Now you're making posts with thinly-veiled insults to people who disagree with you, trying to paint them as rambling lunatics when they haven't said anything remotely offensive. Something tells me that if Tony had taken the opposite stance in his posts you'd have been crying for his ejection from the boards way sooner than anyone else here.

I'm sorry, but I have trouble sympathizing with what you're saying, considering that, reading this entire topic, it went from excitement to tepid enthusiasm to genuine disappointment from pretty much everyone other than you. Nobody said you don't have a right to your opinion. In fact, I don't think I've seen a single person attack you for loving the game, only for calling them crybabies/whiners/etc. Again, if right now the game is broken (and from everything I've heard/seen/read about so far, it definitely is), then complaints and negativity, regardless of how much they're repeated, still hold merit.

I agree, at the time Tony's interjection into the discussion was funny, as we were discussing it as it unfolded and it got out of hand. I may have been upset had I been of the opposite mindset, I may have not. His actions caused him to be banned. Laughing at his comments is in no way a wholesale endorsement of insulting people.  I'm not asking for sympathy, I'm just explaining my point of view. If people feel I'm being personally insulting to them, then I apologize. I've had plenty of sarcastic barbs and comments I've made taken out of context which I find personally insulting but apparently that holds no recognition nor merit with you. I guess I should be asking myself why I even bother contributing to this thread. Obviously my opinions aren't wanted or appreciated.

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #667 on: November 20, 2010, 06:16:39 AM »
Actually, I find your opinions to be invaluable. They're a very important resource I have when deciding if I want to take the dive when the PS3 version comes out, as more opinions means more information for me to sort out and make an informed decision.

I just want to be frank and clear about it: in this topic, your opinion is welcome and completely valid, and while it may not seem like it, I'm going through every (thought out) post here with a fine-tooth comb so I can know as much about the game as possible when I decide whether or not I should buy it, and your posts are a part of that as much as anyone else's. The one and only thing I held issue with was your tone/attitude towards other people, which tended to be rather condescending.

I've always made it a point in my posts here to try and separate when I'm talking about a game, a person's opinion, and the person themselves, when you bleed all three together, the points tend to get lost and discourse becomes dissent.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 06:19:07 AM by Leyviur »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 20, 2010, 06:51:36 AM »
Here we go!

The point I was trying to make was that it's the same people expressing the same thing over and over again.

It's best to be asking why that happens to be the case.

but my opinions are just as valid as anyone else

Which is exactly the problem people like Parn had with you saying that us complaining about the game is just QQ.

at least I'm trying to give some insight into the game well beyond the initial levels where most everyone else has quit

One of the major complaints about the game is precisely that the game has very little progression. The reason a bunch of people didn't get past a certain level is because we knew we didn't need to. While browsing any wiki and such (Which is practically required for the game!) it's easy to see there's little variety throughout all the levels. You arbitrarily stamping level 20 or whatever as an arbitrary level people have to get to to "understand" the game makes little sense to me when the information is easily accessible.

I like to think I have a little more respect for people on these forums than most posters, but when I dish back it's a travesty?

Like I said, nobody was actually making any attacks to you personally until you came in claiming we were all a bunch of crybabies because we don't like the game. You're not the one that dished back. You're not a victim here. Then when people do dish back, you respond by being passive aggressive (There's no quotes around it, it's what you were doing).

2. Thoughts on them working on a mouse/keyboard UI aside from the current controller UI.
4. Thoughts on SE's abrupt change in communication with the playerbase and will it last.
5. Thoughts on never seeing an AH, can the retainer system bridge the gap with the upcoming changes.

I've actually talked about at least 1 and 3, but apparently you didn't think it was worth responding to, which I don't mind, but don't claim people haven't talked about it if it wasn't in a way that suits your fancy.

comments I've made taken out of context

I'm still trying to figure out what this is supposed to mean. I respond to your comments exactly as they appear, and if you think you've been misunderstood, then you clarify and say that the other person misunderstood, don't simply say that they did.

Parn

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 20, 2010, 12:37:54 PM »
Instead it's the same old song and dance of people complaining for the last two months and when I get fed up at it, it's suddenly fashionable to hop on Tenchi. I can take criticism but don't expect me to treat anyone with respect if they aren't willing to express the same respect in turn.

Criticism of what?  The game?  Or you?  Because you posted this shit:

Since this thread has turned into a quivering pile of QQ, I'm removing myself from it. Here's the link to our Factionleve event with a couple pics. http://tinyurl.com/22whlxv

Enjoy, or whine.. frankly, I don't really give a crap because reading all this makes me sad.

...which is where the breakdown began.  You think you can post something like that and expect to be treated with respect?  Our commentary was criticism of the game, not you.  It was only after that post that I began trolling you.  Seriously, go back through the thread and tell me that's not what happened.

You want to know what perpetuates the problem you hate?  Your defensive behavior over this game, as if our critique of it was a critique of your personhood.  We don't give a fuck if you're enjoying the game, but we do give a fuck when you insult everyone who doesn't like it, threaten to quit the thread, come back and post some more WHOLE LOT OF QQ IN HERE commentary, and then recently make a brand new thread saying you want it drama free but not without throwing another shot in our direction.  It's only fashionable to hop on you because you created the environment that made it so.

Cesta

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 20, 2010, 11:41:15 PM »
Hey Tenchi. Can this game be maxed out on the Asus G73?

You can with the exception of Ambient Occlusion. The game doesn't handle it well at all on any hardware I've read. I can't really recommend the G73 because Asus has the clock speed and memory speed on the GPU set so low that most DX9 applications will grayscreen. I cannot play FFXIV on the G73 without upclocking slightly through GPUTool. It runs an already hot system a little warmer but it's stable.

Oh, ok Thanks for letting me know...  I'll keep looking or just get it on the PS3.

Tenchi-no-Ryu

• RPGFan's MMO Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 21, 2010, 02:43:40 AM »
Here we go!

The point I was trying to make was that it's the same people expressing the same thing over and over again.

It's best to be asking why that happens to be the case.

Why would I ask? Everyone has been more than vocal with the specific reasons for their discontent. If there was a shadow of a doubt why people were unhappy I would have asked. It would only add to the redundancy.

but my opinions are just as valid as anyone else

Which is exactly the problem people like Parn had with you saying that us complaining about the game is just QQ.

There's a big difference between objectively voicing your unhappiness and whining. Trolling those who disagree with you then acting like you did nothing wrong is about as purile as you can get. I call QQ when I see it and if that offends people they need to look into a mirror and ask what's wrong with this picture.

at least I'm trying to give some insight into the game well beyond the initial levels where most everyone else has quit

One of the major complaints about the game is precisely that the game has very little progression. The reason a bunch of people didn't get past a certain level is because we knew we didn't need to. While browsing any wiki and such (Which is practically required for the game!) it's easy to see there's little variety throughout all the levels. You arbitrarily stamping level 20 or whatever as an arbitrary level people have to get to to "understand" the game makes little sense to me when the information is easily accessible.

Ok, did you just really say that? I can understand people not wanting to play because they don't like the game for personal preference reasons, but to base that on a wiki sounds preposterous. Since when has a wiki, and an incomplete one at that, been the gold standard of something's worth. If you have to use a wiki to play the game outside of recipes I really can't think of what to tell you. If a wiki is the sole determinant for people's desire to play then why the fuck am I wasting my time preparing a review?

But seriously, outside of recipes, I haven't had a need for one, so I disagree with your opinion.

Also I'm not arbitrarily stamping rank 20 (not level 20) as the point where you "get" the game. There's nothing arbitrary about it. If you actually read what I wrote, rank 20 is a significant milestone. Faction leves and class quests become available and you get to the meat of the storyline as well as acquiring your path companion. It's also the first time you can join guilds and spend guildmarks which enhance your gameplay. For me, it's where the game really clicked for me. If you choose to disagree that's your prerogative, but That was my opinion and I gave concrete examples of why rank 20 was a turning point. I didn't just pull a number out of my ass.

I like to think I have a little more respect for people on these forums than most posters, but when I dish back it's a travesty?

Like I said, nobody was actually making any attacks to you personally until you came in claiming we were all a bunch of crybabies because we don't like the game. You're not the one that dished back. You're not a victim here. Then when people do dish back, you respond by being passive aggressive (There's no quotes around it, it's what you were doing).

Maybe you need to re-read this thread before you make that assumption. People griped, I said "be patient, this is SE, this should come as no surprise given their history," Then people turned from griping to whining and being bitchy to me because I didn't endorse their opinion, trolling and sarcasm ensued, people got banned, others set to ignore and the world went on harmoniously this way for the last month. I was sarcastic to you when I called you jaded. There was nothing passive aggressive about it. I thought it was pretty direct. You've had nothing positive or even remotely optimistic or hopeful since the beta and I got tired of hearing it and called you on it. If being snarky is a moshable offense then I'm amazed we have a community left.

I've actually talked about at least 1 and 3, but apparently you didn't think it was worth responding to, which I don't mind, but don't claim people haven't talked about it if it wasn't in a way that suits your fancy.

Yes, you should all discuss things in a method that suits my fancy. Seriously? Again I would expect something more stimulating than "It's too vague" or the general trend of bashing their attempts to rectify the game's problems before they've even rolled out the first patch. My disgust with this thread is how it's become trendy to bash the game's potential based on wanting to agree with a consensus who seem content to linger on the past negative instead of being even cautiously optimistic. It's hard to have a dialogue when the opposite side is content with being an inert brick wall.

To be truthful,  I know I haven't necessarily been the most open-minded with some people's complaints with the game. It's not that I think I'm a close-minded person, but the overwhelming negativity that explodes around this game (some valid, some just baseless raging) has been enormous enough to piss me off the more I have to read the bellyaching. My one year old daughter cries less.  I understand that because so many of us were looking forward to the game and when we got what was little more than a paid beta (yes, I can agree to that) , but when the battle lines were drawn between supporters and detractors and they were drawn hard. All I would like to see is this thread go back to a sharing and respecting of opinions, even if I'm in the minority.

comments I've made taken out of context

I'm still trying to figure out what this is supposed to mean. I respond to your comments exactly as they appear, and if you think you've been misunderstood, then you clarify and say that the other person misunderstood, don't simply say that they did.
[/quote]

That statement has nothing to do with you Hathen, and I already called that person on it and got trolled for it, so whichever. That person is on my ignore list. Problem solved :)

Cesta

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 21, 2010, 05:11:14 AM »
There has been a lot of anger here for the past few weeks, but I believe we can find some common ground if we stop trying to "Own" each other with our opinions and taste in mmo's. I'm happy to hear many of you are still going to give the game a chance even though you were very disappointed with how the game launched. I was looking forward to playing with you all when I finally got around to buying it. How many of you are going to wait for the PS3 release to jump in?   

Parn

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 21, 2010, 10:36:37 AM »
The great part about the internet is that you can easily prove someone's bullshit.  You're either a liar, or you have really bad memory.

Trolling those who disagree with you then acting like you did nothing wrong is about as purile as you can get. I call QQ when I see it and if that offends people they need to look into a mirror and ask what's wrong with this picture.

The trolling came after you accused us of being crybabies.  No one was trolling you.  No one was calling people who liked the game stupid, or anything.

Starting on page 29, we've only been playing for a few days and I talk about the game and mention gaps in content: http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=6919.420

Page 30, I make a snarky remark about the game being a squirrel slaughtering simulator and Thoren brings up the mixed opinions on the game: http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=6919.435

Page 31, you make your "if it's not the second coming of Christ people will bitch" remark but still, no one is debating with you yet.  Thoren states that the game's terrible, but doesn't insult anyone.  I post more videos, and then at the end I link the Gamespot review saying I agree with it: http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=6919.450

Page 32, people start remarking about the review, still no insults: http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=6919.465

Page 33, Tenchi says no one should be reviewing the game yet, defends it, and no one insults him... the only person who gets trolled is DiosGX, who unleashed the first QQ comment: http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=6919.480

Page 34, more cross discussion between Tenchi and people who don't like the game, but still no insults or trolling towards him: http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=6919.495

Page 35, I directly respond to Tenchi but never once say anything about him, just the state of the game.  Dios trolls more, Gametrailers review is discussed: http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=6919.510

Page 36, more snarky commentary from us about the game, but still no insults toward Tenchi for liking it: http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=6919.525

Page 37, I make a comparison of the game to Phantasy Star Universe, make more snarky commentary, and then finally Tenchi makes the infamous QQ comment: http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=6919.540

No one trolled you Tenchi, for liking the game.  The proof is all there, links provided and everything.  I trolled you in response to your QQ comment, and further trolling commenced every time you made more cheapshots.  You threw the first punch.  You did.  *pinches cheek*  Yes you did.  Oh yes you did.

Welcome to the internet, where all activity is logged.

Maybe you need to re-read this thread before you make that assumption. People griped, I said "be patient, this is SE, this should come as no surprise given their history," Then people turned from griping to whining and being bitchy to me because I didn't endorse their opinion, trolling and sarcasm ensued, people got banned, others set to ignore and the world went on harmoniously this way for the last month.

Ignoring me is doing you wonders, since you don't even realize that I'm calling you out on your bullshit.  No one bitched at you for your opinion.  We disagreed with one another and debated.  The trolling from us came after YOU made a QQ comment.  The posting history is all there.

All I would like to see is this thread go back to a sharing and respecting of opinions, even if I'm in the minority.

Fuck you.  You disrespected everyone in the thread when you made your QQ comment.  You don't get to pretend like you're above it all.

That statement has nothing to do with you Hathen, and I already called that person on it and got trolled for it, so whichever. That person is on my ignore list. Problem solved :)

Except you didn't call me out on it.  You said I was taking your comments out of context, and I responded to that here: http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=6919.msg155148#msg155148

You of course, never explain what the context was, and your next post is a response to someone else entirely several pages later: http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=6919.msg159551#msg159551

Just throwing out "you took my comments out of context" is like throwing out a "you're racist" without actually reinforcing the statement.  It's weak.

There has been a lot of anger here for the past few weeks, but I believe we can find some common ground if we stop trying to "Own" each other with our opinions and taste in mmo's. I'm happy to hear many of you are still going to give the game a chance even though you were very disappointed with how the game launched. I was looking forward to playing with you all when I finally got around to buying it. How many of you are going to wait for the PS3 release to jump in?

Except no one is trying to own anyone with opinions on the game itself.  Tenchi can like the game as much as he wants.  Not a single person here has said Tenchi can't enjoy the game.  We'd be assholes if we were.  We are jumping his shit because he called us a bunch of crybabies, and he wants to pretend like he's a victim when he's the one who was an asshole.  If you didn't notice, even his fellow editors think he's off his rocker.

He instigated this mess, and he is perpetuating it while simultaneously claiming he wants it to end.  It'll end when he stops playing the victim and stops bitching about us bitching about the game.  We'll bitch about the game in its current state as much as we fucking want.

Cesta

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 21, 2010, 02:59:15 PM »
So all the anger is based off being called a complainer. I get it now. What can be done to have this resolved? I'd really like to see us all civil at least. If they fix the game we will all be having a big laugh at how heated things got.