Author Topic: What's your favorite food/drink, period?

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
What's your favorite food/drink, period?
« on: December 14, 2016, 12:41:07 AM »
Inspired by Dice's thread, I've decided maybe we should have a thread about just the best tasting stuff in general.

So right off the bat I have to sorta repeat myself and say really tasty ribs are some of my favorite.

As far as drinks go a tie between good lemonade and coca-cola (with sugar, no carbonated version)
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Hidoshi

• Fire in the Thunderclap
  • Administrator
  • Filthy Casual
    • View Profile
    • ConBravo!
Re: What's your favorite food/drink, period?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 12:46:13 AM »
I think it changes by who cooks something and/or how it's cooked. Pulled chicken with a good BBQ sauce on a bun is up there. So're really nice buffalo wings. I'm also a big fan of the "Shark Fin"-style mushroom soup my local Buddhist Vegetarian place makes (no actual shark fin, obvi).

For drinks, Hong Kong-style cold milk tea, guava or mango juice, or sweet lassi.

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 10:48:35 AM »
coca-cola (with sugar, no carbonated version)

I'm completely down with sugar instead of corn syrup as a pop sweetener, but non-carbonated? Not trying to sound judgmental, but that's so weird to me... Honestly didn't even know that was a thing.

Myself, I'm huge on overpriced, pretentious craft beer. Specifically, darker malty beers (stouts; porters). If alcohol wasn't bad for you in consistent/large doses, I'd have one or two every damn night. This time of year is actually the best for stouts and porters, so I'm like a kid some-kind-of-a-store (Homer S. quote) when I go to the liquor mart these days.
Food-wise, I love certain cold cereals. Could eat 'em anytime (and I do). Not the REALLY sugary crap that dissolves in milk (e.g. Apple Jacks, and the like), but the somewhat heartier stuff, like Raisin Bran Crunch, and Honey Bunches of whatever.   
My wife makes an amazing tinga that has chorizo in it (can't have tinga w/out chorizo anymore). LOVE IT!! Makes for wicked fire-hole sometimes, but it's totally worth it. She also makes a really good dish involving arrachera with red chile sauce.

Also, hummus and pita chips are a fantastic snack.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 10:50:12 AM by natros »

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 10:51:09 AM »
coca-cola (with sugar, no carbonated version)

I'm completely down with sugar instead of corn syrup as a pop sweetener, but non-carbonated? Not trying to sound judgmental, but that's so weird to me... Honestly didn't even know that was a thing.

Myself, I'm huge on overpriced, pretentious craft beer. Specifically, darker malty beers (stouts; porters). If alcohol wasn't bad for you in consistent/large doses, I'd have one or two every damn night. This time of year is actually the best for stouts and porters, so I'm like a kid some-kind-of-a-store (Homer S. quote) when I go to the liquor mart these days.
Food-wise, I love certain cold cereals. Could eat 'em anytime (and I do). Not the REALLY sugary crap that dissolves in milk (e.g. Apple Jacks, and the like), but the somewhat heartier stuff, like Raisin Bran Crunch, and Honey Bunches of whatever.   
My wife makes an amazing tinga that has chorizo in it (can't have tinga w/out chorizo anymore). LOVE IT!! Makes for wicked fire-hole sometimes, but it's totally worth it. She also makes a really good dish involving arrachera with red chile sauce.

Also, hummus and pita chips are a fantastic snack.

Regular coca-cola is great but yeah you can get some regular cola drinks for lack of a better description that are kind of amazing IMO.
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 10:54:08 AM »
still biscuits and gravy

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "glad I don't have the bloops"

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 10:55:03 AM »
Regular coca-cola is great but yeah you can get some regular cola drinks for lack of a better description that are kind of amazing IMO.

I hear you. Gourmet soda is bomb. Especially gourmet root beer. On that note, I really want to like Sprecher colas/sodas more than I do, but they all have a weird... "dirty" aftertaste. They do brew good beer, though.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 03:14:11 PM »
Food:  BACON.  Crispy.  Salty.  Accept no substitutes.

Drink: Coffee.  Nothing impacts me more than a cup of really good coffee.  That being said, bad coffee is always hugely disappointing.

Throw some eggs in with both of those and you have the best meal.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 03:50:05 PM »
Food:  BACON.  Crispy.  Salty.  Accept no substitutes.

Can't believe I forgot to mention this one. I actually have Yoda here to thank for enlightening me on cooking bacon slowly (mainly in the oven). However, my son will only eat turkey bacon, which to me, is a bunch of rubberized strips of slimy crap that pale in comparison to the almighty original.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 03:59:00 PM »
I'd have to say my favorite meal includes most types of stuffed pasta, so long as it's more pasta than filling (GTFO manicotti you gross log of ricotta and herbs), with spinach and cheese tortellini in tomato cream sauce being a particular highlight. But anything tex-mex is also wonderful as our most soups. In conclusion, there are way too many delicious foods out there to settle on a favorite.

Except strawberries. Nothing will ever outshine my love of strawberries.

As for beverages. If I didn't need to drink beverages to live, I probably wouldn't bother. Anything that tastes good to me is horrible for you and anything that's good for you is an absolute chore to drink.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 04:04:37 PM »
seitan done right > bacon

100 times out of 100

bacon is too greasy anyhow, and has made me sick to my stomach on more than one occasion

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2016, 04:05:45 PM »
I have so many favourite foods, but I guess it still all comes back to  a medium-well steak, chips and a pepper sauce.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2016, 04:12:36 PM »
(GTFO manicotti you gross log of ricotta and herbs)

Preach
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Hidoshi

• Fire in the Thunderclap
  • Administrator
  • Filthy Casual
    • View Profile
    • ConBravo!
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2016, 04:33:15 PM »

100 times out of 100

bacon is too greasy anyhow, and has made me sick to my stomach on more than one occasion

I've yet to try seitan. I feel like I would like it. I do enjoy turkey bacon like 100x over pork bacon because it doesn't get greasy. I mean, it's not the same, either, but I know which one I'd prefer to eat.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2016, 04:39:08 PM »

100 times out of 100

I've yet to try seitan. I feel like I would like it. I do enjoy turkey bacon like 100x over pork bacon because it doesn't get greasy. I mean, it's not the same, either, but I know which one I'd prefer to eat.

just beware, it can turn into a rubbery disaster if not done right

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2016, 08:12:04 PM »
My favorite drink is coffee, because I really need caffeine to think right. Coffee wins out because for some reason it works better than anything else (with the exception of maybe yerba mate).

In particular, my favorite straight-up coffee is from the McDonald's -- VERY PARTICULARLY this McDonald's -- in my neighborhood.

Favorite food is like... idk I don't like food anymore.
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`