Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Frostillicus

• View Profile
Re: Whats the haps?
« Reply #19890 on: October 19, 2017, 10:23:40 AM »
...Perhaps there is something to Star's Artimicia/Mesh theory? :/

Haps, not much. Finally got some money freed up, now that my son is in public school. Day care was costing us over $1K a month. Can't put a price on quality care for your children, of course. Seeing as how we are not rich, I had no choice but to become competent at budgeting. Got pretty tight on funds at times, but I kept us afloat, so I'm proud of that shit. Now I can save up for a down payment, and get a new car for my wife. Her '01 Civic is approaching 200K miles, and it's showing its age through all of the suspension clunks and engine chugs.
Been trying to get back on brewing coffee with the Aeropress. It's totally worth the extra time and steps. Especially now that pumpkin spice coffees (read: the shit) are in season. Automatic brewers just can't match the hands-on approach. I thought about buying/trying a Chemex, but decided the Aeropress does a pretty good job as it is. Don't need 3 different coffee makers.

The exciting life I lead...

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19891 on: October 19, 2017, 10:29:01 AM »
Especially now that pumpkin spice coffees (read: the shit) are in season.

A) You're a pair of Ugg boots away from being basic.
B) fake pumpkin flavored coffee is the grossest misappropriation of taste this side of cherry wheat beer.
C) Aeropress is the best way to make coffee bar none.

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "glad I don't have the bloops"

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19892 on: October 19, 2017, 10:34:57 AM »
...Perhaps there is something to Star's Artimicia/Mesh theory? :/

Haps, not much. Finally got some money freed up, now that my son is in public school. Day care was costing us over $1K a month. Can't put a price on quality care for your children, of course. Seeing as how we are not rich, I had no choice but to become competent at budgeting. Got pretty tight on funds at times, but I kept us afloat, so I'm proud of that shit. Now I can save up for a down payment, and get a new car for my wife. Her '01 Civic is approaching 200K miles, and it's showing its age through all of the suspension clunks and engine chugs.
Been trying to get back on brewing coffee with the Aeropress. It's totally worth the extra time and steps. Especially now that pumpkin spice coffees (read: the shit) are in season. Automatic brewers just can't match the hands-on approach. I thought about buying/trying a Chemex, but decided the Aeropress does a pretty good job as it is. Don't need 3 different coffee makers.

The exciting life I lead...

First of all: I hate to say it but I had a similar thought when I read the Mesh/Arti theory.  I am ashamed.  Surely our sweet Mesh would never be so hateful!

Second of all:  you SHOULD be proud of the way you've taken care of your family!  Handling responsibility successfully is super cool!

Third of all:  I googled that AeroPress and it looks pretty darn cool.  Is it like a single-serve french press or more like an espresso maker?

Speaking of coffee, my haps: woke up at 3am with awful acid reflux (my worst ever) that culminated in vomiting really acidic vomit.  Went back to sleep and then had further digestive trouble of another kind in the morning after waking.  I want to say "it was something I ate", but there are two problems with that.  1) This is third time I've blown chunks in a 6 month span.  That doesn't feel normal, especially not for me.  2) The main thing I can think of that could have caused it is the Dunkin Donuts cold brew I had, which is one of my favorite things in the world.
It also could have been some cookies, I had, but... I'm just a little worried about all this inexplicable barfing I'm suddenly doing this year.

I'm sure you guys are super happy to know all that.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #19893 on: October 19, 2017, 11:08:17 AM »
@Rucks , you totally rock the counterculture lifestyle. You're so alternative, bro. Are you sure you don't live in Portland?
Seriously, I'm not going to deny myself something I truly enjoy, just because it carries the stigma of being over-popular with trendy sheeple. I'm not about to go buy pumpkin spice Pop Tarts, or a t-shirt proclaiming my love for it, or anything. However, those spices do work very well in coffee. For the record, I don't mess with cheap coffee.

Sorry for your troubles, @Arvis . I hope you get that all figured out before too long, buddy. I can't remember, what has your doctor said about it?
You were kind of right on both guesses, with the Aeropress. It's somewhere in between a french press and espresso, but not really either. Think of it as a concentrated cup of coffee. To make it "Americano" (like it comes out of an auto-drip machine), you simply dilute it with some hot water after brewing it. Sometimes I like to drink it straight in it's concentrated form because it's absolutely delicious, but it's gone too soon. Like the Chemex, the idea with the Aeropress that you control every aspect of the brewing process.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19894 on: October 19, 2017, 11:22:39 AM »
About the arti/mesh theory....mesh was pushing vegan...arti regularly talked about eating at wendy's and olive garden. Either it was an impressive attempt at trolling or it's definitely off base.

TASTY!

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19895 on: October 19, 2017, 11:53:25 AM »
@Rucks , you totally rock the counterculture lifestyle. You're so alternative, bro. Are you sure you don't live in Portland?
Seriously, I'm not going to deny myself something I truly enjoy, just because it carries the stigma of being over-popular with trendy sheeple. I'm not about to go buy pumpkin spice Pop Tarts, or a t-shirt proclaiming my love for it, or anything. However, those spices do work very well in coffee. For the record, I don't mess with cheap coffee.

If I was in Portland, where everyone is whatever is it that you think that I am, then I wouldn't be "counter culture" would I?  I'd be just like everyone else.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 11:59:34 AM by Rucks »

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19896 on: October 19, 2017, 11:55:54 AM »
My doctor has said nothing because I dont have one because I can't afford it.  I can afford to treat my wife's autoimmune disease (not covered by any insurance) -OR- have health insurance, but not both.

Still, maybe I should go see someone local.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #19897 on: October 19, 2017, 12:49:21 PM »
^ I know all about balancing the cash, my friend. Either way, I hope you figure it out soon.

Brushing right past your mean spirited snark, if I was in Portland, where everyone is whatever is it that you think that I am, then I wouldn't be "counter culture" would I?  I'd be just like everyone else.

When presented with that logic, one cannot argue. Perhaps it wasn't the clearest way of denoting how unique and complex you I think you are, after all.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19898 on: October 19, 2017, 01:10:02 PM »
If Arti was secretly Mesh doing some sort of long-term performance art, I'd bow down to him.

As for Pumpkin Spice coffee, yas, I love them and I don't care how many assholes on the Internet want to hate on me cause I have a favourite coffee flavour. It's a signifier for a season, like gingerbread at Christmas and hot-cross buns at Easter (this may be a UK Thing). It gets me in the autumnal mood.

Also I found Pumpkin Spice Bailey's in tesco the other day, so I've been enjoying that too.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19899 on: October 19, 2017, 01:18:23 PM »
If Arti was secretly Mesh doing some sort of long-term performance art, I'd bow down to him.
Bow is the wrong word...I'd start a cult following for him. Playing the long game like that just to bust balls...goddamn that'd be impressive.

TASTY!

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19900 on: October 19, 2017, 02:01:26 PM »
The issue is that it's gross and that it's EVERYWHERE. Like Taco Bell.   

But this is a dog vs cats issue so Imma leave it alone before natros gets "ALL CAPS" about it and even more indignant than usual.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #19901 on: October 19, 2017, 02:56:58 PM »
I saw pumpkin spice kruidnoten earlier this week. It makes no sense. Speculaaskruiden, the stuff that gives kruidnoten its typical flavour, it pretty much pumpkin spice. The main difference is that pumpkin spice has allspice in it while speculaaskruiden are made using white pepper. So... why?

Oh, yeah, because we're being brainwashed by American TV. Nevermind.

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #19902 on: October 19, 2017, 03:20:12 PM »

But this is a dog vs cats issue so Imma leave it alone before natros gets "ALL CAPS" about it and even more indignant than usual.

I at least own my indignation, Rucks/glass/Josh/whatever. You should own your condescending self-righteousness, or are you too busy feeling (comically unjustified) white guilt and making signs boycotting chain stores?

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19903 on: October 19, 2017, 03:30:51 PM »
Alright, let's not get feisty over something as dumb as pumpkin spice latte.

At least Arti wanted a genocide.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19904 on: October 19, 2017, 03:32:29 PM »

I at least own my indignation, Rucks/glass/Josh/whatever. You should own your condescending self-righteousness, or are you too busy feeling (comically unjustified) white guilt and making signs boycotting chain stores?

JFC.  Grow up you child.  You're smart enough to know of all the awful things out there that you support/patronize, yet you're too lazy to do anything about it. This goes way beyond pumpkin spice. It's every aspect. It's easier to just mock those of us that actually make an effort than it is to actually try.  America is going to choke on its complacency because of people like you.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 03:34:33 PM by Rucks »