Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Tomara

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #975 on: November 19, 2017, 03:10:09 AM »
Kiragi

I sort of hope not, because with the powercreep as of late, he'll be superior to his dad in every way and that's just sad :(

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #976 on: November 19, 2017, 05:32:15 AM »
I don't think they'll give the Fates kids their parent's weapons for precisely that reason, coming off such a recent announcement of them trying to keep older units semi-relevant (plus Shiro would fit better as lance infantry anyway). It'd also waste an opportunity for them to come up with some ridiculous Prfs just for them.

Also I got 20 orbs again so I tried pulling and was treated to a third board with no greens. This game really seeks to piss me off sometimes. Anyway got a 4* Shanna.

EDIT: TT began and the Arena season ended so I got a nice chunk of orbs, and proceeded to get another two full boards with no greens. The first board gave me 3* Gwendolyn, while the second board with 5 blues pitybroke me with a 5* Tana. Tried to cash in my pity rate but only got a 4* Nowi, 4* Robin, 3* Odin and 3* Oboro. At least they all have something decent to SI.

Also the Tana I pulled is +HP -DEF, which is pretty shitty because she's supposed to be a physical tank, given that weapon of hers. I'm honestly more pissed off that I got 5 straight boards with 0 greens appearing though, and Tana's a pretty good unit regardless. At least I can start saving for the 8% banner now.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 05:20:14 AM by Hathen »

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: November 21, 2017, 06:37:49 AM »
Geez man, I feel your pain.

Anyways, the dry spell is finally over and the T_T is back in town. Close Defense is the Seal of the Month while Savage Blow and Spur Spd are there (at least my Camilla will appreciate the former). Of course, my T_T is still largely untrained and pretty much solid Reds and Colorless (and its going to get worse once Joshua arrives on the scene), but I'm making due with my auxiliary teams. Still, so much better than the last two where I was struggling to pull the same numbers with A/A and 20% as I am now with a 40% unit and a D rank survival score.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #978 on: November 22, 2017, 10:34:30 AM »
Day 2 and it's official, life is soooo much easier with a 1.4x unit. Takumi and Soren do most of the killing, Ike protects them and occasionally baits some units, and Ninian cheers them on. The downside is that out of the four of them, Soren is the most adept at taking down boss Ike. ... I feel a little bad about that.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #979 on: November 22, 2017, 01:37:48 PM »
Day 2 and it's official, life is soooo much easier with a 1.4x unit. Takumi and Soren do most of the killing, Ike protects them and occasionally baits some units, and Ninian cheers them on. The downside is that out of the four of them, Soren is the most adept at taking down boss Ike. ... I feel a little bad about that.

This time last T_T I was doing maybe 13k if things had been going well. This time, I'm almost up to 20k for almost the same amount of effort (its a Turkey Day miracle).

Although I think its the fact that I have far better units to throw at this thing what with Braves Lyn and Roy, Mia and whichever healbot of choice I wish to level (I've still got Wrys, Clarine, Lissa and Priscilla left to grind (and Elise if I ever pull her)). AI's still retarded as fuck, but it doesn't matter as much since Elroy will Galeforce 9 times out of 10.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #980 on: November 22, 2017, 03:46:51 PM »
I'm pretty much running on Desperation, so no healer for me (and my favourites, Sakura, Elise and Priscilla, all maxed their HM already anyway).

Poor Takumi is left with 1HP at the end of every run, but there are few units he can't take down:

I'm thinking about replacing Threaten Spd (because really, the only units that he isn't able to double are incredibly fragile), but I don't have any spare Threaten Defs and I'm running low on Fortifies as well.

Takumi's main T_T problems are boss Ike and random overpowered Henries and Robins, but that's where Soren comes in. Those two work surprisingly well together. *cough* If I hadn't had an Ike, they'd probably be S-supporting eachother right now *cough*

Edit: was just looking at the FEH wiki, and man, the German version of the game is mean! Takumi's title there is 'The eternal second'. Weirdly enough, all the other units I checked seem to have titles that are very similar to the English version (which makes sense, Nintendo Europe often translates their games from English). Maybe the Germans have their own Takumi memes the translator felt the need to include?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 03:56:39 PM by Tomara »

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #981 on: November 28, 2017, 02:37:58 AM »
Welp. The drought is over for now with two new chapters, a new Squad Assault (with the second +Atk Seal), new changes to make Ass Assault slightly less ass, 10k in Feathers for those with Nintendo Reward Points to burn, and Blessings to make you jump through a bunch of hoops to make your A Team slightly more powerful for a short amount of time (expect lots of Blessed Reinhardts and Bowlyns). Sadly, the AI isn't any better than before, and they're changing the lower ranked challenge Arena matches to match AA's assholish match makings (where choosing Beginner with anything short of A+ or S tier units is likely to end in failure and frustration), also Blessings are way too finicky to really be useful.

Also, the Fates Gen 2 units are Shiro, Siegbert, Soleil and Rhajat. Looks like they couldn't avoid the Awakening repeat (or implement non-Manakete Transformers yet; poor Tellus, looks like you're going to have to wait unit Season 3). Rhajat will have Gronnwolf+, so hopefully we can get a non GHeB source of Blue Tome Breakers, Soleil will have Firesweep Sword finally, Burt and Shiro will have Prfs, and of course all of them will have +5 BST (although one could excuse that due to being Gen 2ers; not that Seliph, Julia, Lucina, Dancer Inigo or Shigure benefited from that excuse).

As for colorless hell, here's a list of what changes were made to Staffbots. Recover+ heals (Atk+10)/2, Physic+ heals Atk/2, and Rehabilitate+ heals ((Atk-10)/2)+(Target's lost HP/2). Of the effects on 5 star staffs, Absorb+ received the lowest Mt buff of only +3 (and is the only Staff at sub 10 Mt at 7 Mt), but compensates with a 1~2 range Breath of Life 3 passive (which is kinda useful even if its still shit otherwise; although Genny will enjoy this). Fear+, Slow+ and Pain+ are pretty much the big winners as all gained +7 Mt on top of some rather silly effects (-7 Atk/Spd/-10 HP to target and in a 1~2 radius of target respectfully). Panic+, Gravity+ and Candlelight+ only gained +4 Mt, but Gravity's effects are actually useful now (since it really needed to be 1~2 AoE to begin with due to the whole being in striking range of the target to use to begin with and being locked to some of the worst combatants in the game), while the others remain generally as useful as before (i.e. not really and pretty useful respectfully). I suspect that the Orange Fluffy Sheep will be going onto the endangered list soon (and then Weapon Refining takes it a level further, as staffs can either gain built in Wrathful Staff or Candlelight; hopefully you didn't spend all your Wedding Lyns on merges).

As for other Weapon Refinery options. Basically your options are to provide a passive skill upgrade to your weapon of choice, which may also come with a general improvement to the weapon's passive effect if it has one, or needs to evolve first (i.e. you can't pick +Atk for Durandal, you must first upgrade it to Blazing Durandal and trade effects). Prfs like Michalis' Hauteclere or Ephraim's Siegmund can instead opt for a special skill unique to that weapon (Hauteclere can gain a Wo Dao effect instead; Siegmund gains a Follow-Up Ring like effect where Ephraim can double at >= +90% HP). Choices boil down to Evolve / Upgrade Effect + Prf > Upgrade Effect + Atk/Spd/Def/Res > Upgrade Atk/Spd/Def/Res. All upgrades will increase HP by +5 (aside from the Prf option which only increases it by +3) and maybe Mt if it was less than 16 Mt (Silver can go up to 18 Mt with the Atk option)

The big winners of the Weapon Refinery aside from Seliph, Double Fury Eldigan (we need a Fury SS stat; Triple Fury Deluxe Eldigan), "Who needs Spd?" Lyn, Veet fighter Takumi, Anti-Mage Kitty mk2 Jaffar, *joining Merric in the SI line* Hauteclere users, my 5 star #2 +Atk/-HP Ephraim, and Staffbots are Dragonstones (Light Breath gains Distant Counter+ (hits the lower of either Def or Res at range) and a +5 buff to all stats to unit and allies within 1~2 range (my Fae just became very Blade Tome friendly); strangely enough Lightning Breath didn't gain all that much beyond the Distant Counter+ and a small Mt buff; I am extremely tempted to promote F!Corrin on the spot to see what Dark Breath+ upgrades to, probably a better AoE debuff like everybody else), and Emblem Ignoring Effective weapons (fuck).

Other winners so far include:
Berkut's Lance (+7 Res on defense now instead of that meager +4)
Blue Eggs (and probably Green Eggs and Carrots; the 4 HP healing effect occurs on either after combat rather than after attacking)
Cupid Arrows and Blessed Bouquets (+5 to Def and Res instead of +2; the AoE was always there)
Dancer Fans (gains an AoE like practically everything else)
Guard Bow (trades Daggerbreaker for Distant Defense 3)

Confirmed losers:
Falchions
Askr Prfs (hrm....)
Regal Blade D8
Sieglinde ;_;
Eckesachs (I remember when you were a godsend Zephiel)
Poison Dagger (why? it needs the Mt buff to stay competitive)
Cymbeline (no RD love dammit)
Kitty Paddle

At least you can slap a buff to it tier:
Deft Harpoon/Melon Crusher
Owl Tomes
Hibiscus Tome

And antagonists have their own weapons, Loki has a staff called Thokk that lets her Colorless Mage, Laevatein has a sword called Laevatein (and is a Blade Sword), and Surtr cheats like a motherfucker.

On a less 'oh god the updates' note, I'm 80k into the T_T and I finally have a banner worth pulling from again (freebie was a Male Corrin who I didn't have, yay; second round nailed Bridal Caeda and Celica, excellent; third round had nothing but fodder, and fourth got me a brand new Seth). Turns out the Celica is +Res and -Atk (boo), while Caeda is +Res and -Def  (not boo), at least the Corrin is good (+Atk and -Res; now if only he didn't suck) and Seth is ehh (+Spd/-Atk; can't win em all). I've got enough Orbs lying around for 5 more rounds of pulls before I need to start dipping into the quests, nevermind the 8 left from the T_T, or the current 9.0 pity rate I've got going.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #982 on: November 28, 2017, 03:17:54 AM »
Despite the big update, I woke up somewhat disappointed this morning.

You see, I had this dream where they introduced a banner with magic weapons. It was one in the same vein as the Brave banner: older units with new skills and they'd be thrown in the crowded 5* pool afterwards. The great thing about these weapons was that they not only attacked res, they all came build in with Distant Counter (or in the case of the Shining Bow+, Close Counter).

Characters included Niles (bow, obviously), Owain (sword) and some cute girl with an axe and stupidly high Res I don't remember the name of, but her title was Purehearted Slayer. It was, uh, pretty obvious what IntSys intentions were. The fandom took an instant liking to her, of course, and the memes were unstoppable. Biggest WTF was Soren, who suddenly knew how to wield a lance and ride a wyvern. Amazing speed stat though.

But it was all a dream...

Edit: Threw 75 orbs at the Legendary banner and walked away with a Bridelia (-spd), Bride Caeda (-atk) and a Genny I didn't check but I'm just really glad to have. Wasn't even aiming for blue and colourless, but the Brides were from the first pull and pulling all orbs was just good value. They will be benched once they reach L40. Genny was a '2x red and 2x green didn't get me anything, might as well throw those three orbs at that last colourless'. On the bride side, I can now fully skip all colouless and focus on reds and greens.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 05:18:44 AM by Tomara »

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #983 on: November 28, 2017, 06:48:07 AM »
Despite the big update, I woke up somewhat disappointed this morning.

You see, I had this dream where they introduced a banner with magic weapons. It was one in the same vein as the Brave banner: older units with new skills and they'd be thrown in the crowded 5* pool afterwards. The great thing about these weapons was that they not only attacked res, they all came build in with Distant Counter (or in the case of the Shining Bow+, Close Counter).

Characters included Niles (bow, obviously), Owain (sword) and some cute girl with an axe and stupidly high Res I don't remember the name of, but her title was Purehearted Slayer. It was, uh, pretty obvious what IntSys intentions were. The fandom took an instant liking to her, of course, and the memes were unstoppable. Biggest WTF was Soren, who suddenly knew how to wield a lance and ride a wyvern. Amazing speed stat though.

But it was all a dream...

Edit: Threw 75 orbs at the Legendary banner and walked away with a Bridelia (-spd), Bride Caeda (-atk) and a Genny I didn't check but I'm just really glad to have. Wasn't even aiming for blue and colourless, but the Brides were from the first pull and pulling all orbs was just good value. They will be benched once they reach L40. Genny was a '2x red and 2x green didn't get me anything, might as well throw those three orbs at that last colourless'. On the bride side, I can now fully skip all colouless and focus on reds and greens.

Yeah, compared to that, I'd feel disappointed too.

But making due with what I have, I pulled again and got myself an Abel (bloody finally, guy's been taunting me since day 1), a Fjorm (+HP/-Def, guess which one I'll be making into a Level 40 +1) and a second Genny (+Spd/-HP) and a whole mess of fodder. Kinda sucks actually since Abel's +Spd and -Def which means that he's slow, frail and lacks firepower to make use of his Brave Lance, and the others are units I either had or have in the bag anyways (at least I walked away with a Water Blessing; seems you only obtain Blessings when you pull a Legendary unit).

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #984 on: November 28, 2017, 07:37:37 AM »
I think you'll appreciate that extra Wrathful Staff. The healer buffs are pretty crazy, although once again they screwed Lachesis over by giving Absorb shitty Mt and a underwhelming new effect. AoE Gravity especially sounds hilariously useful since Pressure Charm is by far the most useful item in Arena Assault. I image Elise especially can become a high-tier threat with lots of SI. She'd be similar to Brave Lyn missing a decent chunk of ATK/SPD, but will hit on RES, can prevent counterattacks from everything instead of just DC, and will apply some kind of debuff after she's done.

My pet 5* healer is Priscilla and she has Wrathful Staff, so I could give her Dazzling Staff and she'll be ridiculously useful for chipping at things at no cost, not to mention neutering threats thanks to AoE Panic. Her IVs are subpar too, so if I ever pull a +ATK or +SPD Priscilla I can make her even better.

As for some of the other weapons- I'll probably be promoting a Michalis sometime soon given how ridiculous Hauteclare is now. Eliwood will be happy to set his sword on fire. The change to Lyn is nice, but my Lyn is -ATK and I already inherited Brash Assault 3 onto her, so she'll be put on a back burner. Same with Jaffar- the one I have is -SPD. Teleporting Takumi is an interesting prospect, but Brave Bow+ is still better in destructive power, so I'd say that's a nice balance. Unless it starts raining Divine Dew he probably won't be a top priority either.

The changes to Dragon Breaths are kinda interesting in that it all of them get the "hits-on-weaker-DEF" effect for ranged enemies, but it's still only Lightning Breath with inbuilt DC, so it seems like they want you to use Distant Counter with Light and Dark Breath. I guess one could say that Lightning Breath+ I dumped onto Ninian was a waste since DC+Light Breath would fit her best as a full support unit, but it's not like I'm drowning in Distant Counter fodder and having DC prevents you from having Triangle Adept, which Ninian (and most dancers, really) needs if she wants to do any damage whatsoever.

Daggers are all AoE debuff now, and Smoke Dagger can be upgraded to all stats -6 which is pretty crazy. I don't know if that will save daggers, but it'll certainly make them more annoying to fight.

I'm only kinda disappointed in how they handled Silver Weapons. On the melee side, Silver Weapons+TA pretty much straight out outclasses Gem Weapon+Fury now. If you pick the +3 SPD option the Mt will put you 1 ATK above the Gem Weapon. You'll be missing the 3 DEF and RES from Fury but you won't take any recoil. Though I think Slaying Weapons/Wo Dao are still blatantly much better than Silver Weapons, missing 1 or 2 Mt is more than worth getting your special charge reduced or powered up. Not sure how to feel about the mage side, Raven tomes will still work fine as what they are and Blade tomes will still dominate when you're buffed up, but I haven't given my Soren another 5* weapon yet and just upgrading his Rexcalibur with either SPD or RES might end up being a lot more useful.

Anyway I free pulled from the strong skills banner hoping for Nephenee and instead got like a 5th 4* Catria. I should just start handing out Luna to everyone.

I then strip-mined the new story missions and dumped 80 orbs into the new banner. Annoyingly, I got a ton of 3*s in my first two rounds, but my third round gave me a Bridal Caeda (+HP, -DEF), and my fourth gave me second copies of Ike (+SPD, -RES) and Brave Lyn (+DEF, -SPD).

Not really what I wanted the most but at least I pulled something potentially useful after that shittiness with Mutton Man's banner. Bridal Caeda's isn't all that good but she's nice for collection purposes at least. Ike's nice IVs make up for the crappy -ATK one I pulled a while back, but I already have his HM maxed out so I don't know if I'll bother doing much with him for the moment (Guess I can kill off the one I already have if someone needs Heavy Blade 3 sometime, that 9999 SP he has will go to waste though). -SPD on the Brave Lyn is kind of a bummer, guess I'll decide later if I want a merge or I want to give someone Attack Smoke.

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: November 28, 2017, 01:49:57 PM »
After dumping over 100 Orbs into the Legendary Heroes banner (even though I told myself only one round of full pulling), I walked out with a +Def, -HP Ike, a +Res, -HP Ayra, and a + Def, -HP Bridelia. Funny enough, I pulled the Ike and Ayra in my first full round of summoning and should have been happy with just that.

They're just going to be merged into my already existing Ike, Ayra, and Bridelia. Or I can sacrifice Ike and pass Heavy Blade onto my +Atk, -Spd +1Mia.
Just your regular Nintendo nerd. :D

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #986 on: November 28, 2017, 02:33:16 PM »
I think you'll appreciate that extra Wrathful Staff. The healer buffs are pretty crazy, although once again they screwed Lachesis over by giving Absorb shitty Mt and a underwhelming new effect. AoE Gravity especially sounds hilariously useful since Pressure Charm is by far the most useful item in Arena Assault. I image Elise especially can become a high-tier threat with lots of SI. She'd be similar to Brave Lyn missing a decent chunk of ATK/SPD, but will hit on RES, can prevent counterattacks from everything instead of just DC, and will apply some kind of debuff after she's done.

My pet 5* healer is Priscilla and she has Wrathful Staff, so I could give her Dazzling Staff and she'll be ridiculously useful for chipping at things at no cost, not to mention neutering threats thanks to AoE Panic. Her IVs are subpar too, so if I ever pull a +ATK or +SPD Priscilla I can make her even better.

As for some of the other weapons- I'll probably be promoting a Michalis sometime soon given how ridiculous Hauteclare is now. Eliwood will be happy to set his sword on fire. The change to Lyn is nice, but my Lyn is -ATK and I already inherited Brash Assault 3 onto her, so she'll be put on a back burner. Same with Jaffar- the one I have is -SPD. Teleporting Takumi is an interesting prospect, but Brave Bow+ is still better in destructive power, so I'd say that's a nice balance. Unless it starts raining Divine Dew he probably won't be a top priority either.

The changes to Dragon Breaths are kinda interesting in that it all of them get the "hits-on-weaker-DEF" effect for ranged enemies, but it's still only Lightning Breath with inbuilt DC, so it seems like they want you to use Distant Counter with Light and Dark Breath. I guess one could say that Lightning Breath+ I dumped onto Ninian was a waste since DC+Light Breath would fit her best as a full support unit, but it's not like I'm drowning in Distant Counter fodder and having DC prevents you from having Triangle Adept, which Ninian (and most dancers, really) needs if she wants to do any damage whatsoever.

Daggers are all AoE debuff now, and Smoke Dagger can be upgraded to all stats -6 which is pretty crazy. I don't know if that will save daggers, but it'll certainly make them more annoying to fight.

I'm only kinda disappointed in how they handled Silver Weapons. On the melee side, Silver Weapons+TA pretty much straight out outclasses Gem Weapon+Fury now. If you pick the +3 SPD option the Mt will put you 1 ATK above the Gem Weapon. You'll be missing the 3 DEF and RES from Fury but you won't take any recoil. Though I think Slaying Weapons/Wo Dao are still blatantly much better than Silver Weapons, missing 1 or 2 Mt is more than worth getting your special charge reduced or powered up. Not sure how to feel about the mage side, Raven tomes will still work fine as what they are and Blade tomes will still dominate when you're buffed up, but I haven't given my Soren another 5* weapon yet and just upgrading his Rexcalibur with either SPD or RES might end up being a lot more useful.

Anyway I free pulled from the strong skills banner hoping for Nephenee and instead got like a 5th 4* Catria. I should just start handing out Luna to everyone.

I then strip-mined the new story missions and dumped 80 orbs into the new banner. Annoyingly, I got a ton of 3*s in my first two rounds, but my third round gave me a Bridal Caeda (+HP, -DEF), and my fourth gave me second copies of Ike (+SPD, -RES) and Brave Lyn (+DEF, -SPD).

Not really what I wanted the most but at least I pulled something potentially useful after that shittiness with Mutton Man's banner. Bridal Caeda's isn't all that good but she's nice for collection purposes at least. Ike's nice IVs make up for the crappy -ATK one I pulled a while back, but I already have his HM maxed out so I don't know if I'll bother doing much with him for the moment (Guess I can kill off the one I already have if someone needs Heavy Blade 3 sometime, that 9999 SP he has will go to waste though). -SPD on the Brave Lyn is kind of a bummer, guess I'll decide later if I want a merge or I want to give someone Attack Smoke.

I'd dump as much SI fodder as you'd care to on your old Ike and then merge him with your newer Ike. Sure, it'll still waste an assload of SP, but you'll come out with a 5 star +1 Ike with his entire kit, plus some extras, available to him right out of the box (and you can save for the inevitable powercreep upgrade to La Forge).

As for Forgery plans, my immediate thoughts are, upgrade Ephraim once I figure out how to generate some Mountain Dew (and it sucks that you need a lot of it for anybody), get my +HP/-Res Fae Earth Boost, the Res Light Breath Forge and that Distant Def 3 Seal and she'll face tank ranged assholes forever; and slap the Wrathful Staff upgrade onto my Bridal Lyn's Candlelight+ staff (and maybe a spare Atk or Spd 3 for attacking purposes and both Savage Blow 3 and a fully upgraded Seal), and turn her from a walking Fear Charm (the other really good AA item) with a niche use to a Colorless Mage who's also a walking Fear Charm (+Atk or Spd would've been nicer than the +HP/-Def she has now, especially since she actually has decent Atk and solid Spd natively and really can't be helped by most A slot skills).

No idea who to spend my Water Blessing on though. Cecilia was my first thought but she'd rather have +Atk or Def instead of Res since Reinhardt can't do shit to her anyways. Eliwood was my second due to his Res being pretty good, but could stand to be better, but he's kinda already well situated with his effective Death Blow 5 and Mounted Emblem buffs. Fae would be goddamn funny since she would effectively have 58 HP, 31 Def & 33 Res before Distant Def and she'd pair well with Fjorm. Camus or Xander would be another possibility, but their Res is pretty bad and two Distant Counter Lancers is a bit redundant. Burger King is a natural, but then, he might also prefer the company of one of the other impending Legendary units or Armor Emblem.

Also found that the regular Arena sweats Arena Chocolate Medals (at my rank, I'm making about 50 a match), so its the other mats that are the bottleneck (and unfortunately, the most regular source of the Pop Rocks is of-fucking-course the Arena Assault; I guess they couldn't just leave the mediocre rewards alone). The Mountain Dew is most likely going to be worse and its gonna suck trying to farm that stuff without whaling (gods help us all if its a VG reward).

And yeah, I know that she gets screwed a lot, but Lachesis deserved better than that Mt. She can't get over 40 Atk on base stats without an Atk+ nature and even with the buffs, Staffbots still have shitty options since they need Wrathful Staff to harm anything, have crap for their A Slot skill selection (your choices are Atk+3, Spd+3, Defiant Atk/Spd 3, Atk/Spd+2 if you're willing to burn a Nephenee, or Atk/(Def/Res) Bond 2 if you're willing to burn a Fjorm/Nowitch respectfully), and non-existent Specials, on top of her already bad Spd.

Edit: Okay. I've got a question. Does a forged Light Breath+ actually gain Distant Counter 2 like the description states? Because if so, then Lightning Breath+ got screwed since it doesn't lose the Cooldown penalty or gain any other effect or more Mt than Light and Dark Breaths do.

Also, pulled again and got me a Hector finally (+Def/-Spd). Still very useful, especially since that finally graduates me out of the Armor Emblem slums of running Draug, Gwendolyn and Sheena (admittedly, Sheena isn't actually bad, especially since she can pure tank better than most, but her Atk is still pretty bad for an Armor, especially since she's competing against Hector, Amelia and Henrween). I'm probably done at this point with Legendary Banner 1. I don't have the Orbs to safely try for another Pity pull and the risk of repeats have gone up significantly (also, I seem to be getting plagued by Colorless Orbs), I've gotten at least one Event unit, a second Water Blessing, a couple of choice pulls, and a brand new stock on SI fodder. I did pretty well all things considered.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 01:47:59 AM by Aeolus »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #987 on: November 29, 2017, 03:37:12 AM »
Squeezed some more orbs out of the new maps and decided to pull another round. Three colourless, so I only got the red and green one, and the green one was Hector, so I'm going to party like it's February 2017. There's still some more orbs I can gain before the banner ends, and I think I'll just snipe for reds. Either of the three is fine, and if I end up getting skill fodder instead... Well, that's less fine, but I do need to restock Fury, Reposition and Vantage.

As for weapon upgrades, I do want to upgrade one of my healers, but I don't know which one yet. Sakura and her weirdly even stat spread (with skills equiped, everything is between 30 and 33) have been very reliable companions in two T_Ts, and she should be rewarded for that. Meanwhile, Elise has the horse power to deal damage and screw with the enemy's formation. Lucius deserves a mention, because he's a great res tank (and hasn't maxed his HM yet, so he's the one I'll be using most for now). And then there's Genny, the adorable deadly pink fluffy sheep.

As for special weapons, Eliwood, Takumi and Linde are definitely candidates. In that order. Eliwood is probably the one who can make most of the upgrade. He's +atk and with Blazing Durandal he'll have 53 atk. Few unmerged units are able to match that. Not to mention the horse buffs... Teleporting Takumi sounds like a sound Arena defence strategy and I want him to have a proper Fujin Yumi, so that's definitely happening... eventually. And I don't have Delthea, so Linde pretending to be Delthea isn't so bad. But if I do get a Delthea, Linde can just keep enjoying her roles CC/T_T Healer and Arena Blade Mage.

Meanwhile, I'm still disappointed. AI Soren keeps trying to protect his BIke by jumping in front of sword users. This would not have been a problem if the magic weapon banner of my dreams had been real. (Plus, I really want to know who that Purehearted Slayer was! Was it Nino cosplaying as Amelia? That'd perfect.)

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #988 on: November 29, 2017, 06:57:10 AM »
Hector is a unit everyone's wanted from day 1, so it's nice to finally see people pulling him. I think we're all doing okay on this banner, one only needs to find those screenshots of people getting 14% pity rates on the banner to feel better about any unwanted 5* you've pulled.

I too got enough orbs to pull again, but I got 4* Bartre instead of Hector, along with some other junk characters. I did get another 4* Fae though, and this one finally has a pretty good (or at least not garbage) IV set of -HP +SPD. A lot of people seem to prefer running +DEF or +RES on her since her speed is kinda bad regardless though, so I'm not sure if I should invest in her. Dragon Emblem is a lot more attractive with the breath changes though so with this Fae around I could invest into one at this point since I have a strong 5* Nowi, the key Ninian to buff defenses and a 3* Tiki with -SPD +DEF.

And yeah, I know that she gets screwed a lot, but Lachesis deserved better than that Mt. She can't get over 40 Atk on base stats without an Atk+ nature and even with the buffs, Staffbots still have shitty options since they need Wrathful Staff to harm anything, have crap for their A Slot skill selection (your choices are Atk+3, Spd+3, Defiant Atk/Spd 3, Atk/Spd+2 if you're willing to burn a Nephenee, or Atk/(Def/Res) Bond 2 if you're willing to burn a Fjorm/Nowitch respectfully), and non-existent Specials, on top of her already bad Spd.

Edit: Okay. I've got a question. Does a forged Light Breath+ actually gain Distant Counter 2 like the description states? Because if so, then Lightning Breath+ got screwed since it doesn't lose the Cooldown penalty or gain any other effect or more Mt than Light and Dark Breaths do.

Only Lightning Breath has built-in DC, the other breaths are worded funny but all it means is that if you attack an archer or mage you'll hit whatever their weaker defense is. You need to plug DC in the A slot for the other breaths if you want to counter ranged units still. It would be weird otherwise since Lightning Breath would just be straight up worse.

As for Absorb, there might still be hope for Lachesis since people are already playing around with the idea of sticking Vantage or Quick Riposte on a staffbot with Absorb. Genny would probably be straight up better for running that build though, seeing as how she has higher ATK, RES, and only 1 less DEF. It's a hard build to have an ideal stat spread for because you need to have the defenses to survive a hit, but also high enough attack to actually make Absorb hit for shit (so Azama is bad for it despite having that nice DEF stat).

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: November 29, 2017, 04:45:32 PM »
It's crazy that we're having debates on how to build healers now. :P
Just your regular Nintendo nerd. :D