Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Klyde Chroma on Today at 08:02:24 AM »
But what about slipping on rocks when it rains?

That right there wins my "dumb gameplay mechanic of the year" award. All the funnier that something so frustrating as the rock slippage be incorporated in a game otherwise so fantastically done.

Now that you have me musing over it, I'd go so far as to call it darkly comedic.
Game Journals / Re: Let's write an RPG story- A Journal penned by all!
« Last post by Dincrest on Yesterday at 05:36:49 PM »
Cabin fever due to a couple of snow days resurrected this in my brain.

*snip, snip*

So the three (edit: in Dincrest's party) proceed through a dungeon that resembles the tomb of the unknown king in Final Fantasy 8 ( but more slimy, more cramped, and more disgusting.  It's quite easy to get lost in this dungeon since everything looks the same and there are some rather foul enemies, but eventually the party reaches a point where the earsplitting "frogfanny" sound shakes their very core and jiggles their bowels.  The follow the sound to the boss battle:  A giant... 

panda sized creature that looks like a swamp green furred otter crossed with a skunk.  This creature is immune to water attacks and its signature fart attack reminiscent of a skunk spray can easily decimate the entire party.  Ergo, this is one of those boss battles where the party only has a limited number of turns to take down the beast before it fully turns around and lifts its tail. 

Dincrest, Roko, and Alexandra manage to defeat the beast, proceed a little further, and find a ladder to a large ceiling grate.  They peer through it to see Crestee's party causing some havok of their own in the castle.  Timing a well placed burst-through perfectly, Dincrest and Roko smash through the gate, leaping into the fray with Alexandra right behind. 

Meanwhile, 100 years in the future

Zidd is back in his secret lab in the Norgo Mountains making little to no progress in discovering the Decoy Eye's secrets.  He has spent many sleepless nights indefatigably trying to harness this thing's power, all the while muttering to himself how some old hermit in the swamp seems to know more about this than a mad genius like him.  Zidd only seems to disengage when he needs to eat or go to the bathroom.  This is where we're exposed to one of Zidd's peculiar habits.  Every time he needs to use the bathroom, he always needs to declare "I have to go pee-pee in the potty" or "I have to go make a potty in the bathroom" before heading to the toilet, regardless of who is or isn't around.  Still, the call of nature doesn't bother Zidd as he believes (in his own mind) that he does his best thinking while sitting on the toilet.  While engaging in one of those incredibly satisfying bowel movements that makes you feel 10 pounds lighter afterwards, Zidd has an epiphany regarding the Decoy Eye and laughs maniacally as the screen fades out. 

Back to the past
The stench of these three intruders bursting through the floor is enough to cause most everyone to let their guard down, allowing the entire entourage (Crestee, Alexander, Leora, Dincrest, Roko, and Alexandra) to...
The Soundroom / Re: Random VGM
« Last post by Arvis on Yesterday at 09:37:24 AM »
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Tomara on Yesterday at 07:57:41 AM »
Though I'm surprised you didn't sink a few orbs trying to get Tomato man.

The odds are too bad. It's not that I dislike Eirika, it's just that I don't need that many. I'll give it another shot when he's on a better banner.
« Last post by Hathen on Yesterday at 07:48:46 AM »
Eh, I think I'd leave Niles to just be ground into powder for skills (which I bet he'd enjoy anyway) for now, since Felicia does his job better with that shiny Prf of hers. That's a pretty nice amount of Sothes too, I've been waiting to get more of him for a while now because there's a lot of units I'd like to give Life and Death to.

Though I'm surprised you didn't sink a few orbs trying to get Tomato man.

I myself am still saving for the Legendary banner. Got extra encouragement when my free pull on the new Spring banner gave me 0 greens and 0 colorless because of course it did. Took my 4* Oboro and got out.

After racking up a 4.75% pity rate on the Awakening Banner, I finally got a 5 star unit before that fucker went away completely tonight. Specifically a +Res/-HP Elincia....that's heard me.

I don't know if it's worse to get pity broken by a unit you don't want (and likely will barely use), or to run out of orbs before the banner ends without a 5*. +RES/-HP on Elincia is a bummer, but at least you didn't get -ATK or -SPD. Still, Elincia's probably the best Red Flier for a while (Wing Sword bumped Caeda up quite a bit but her noodle arms still kinda hold her back), so you'll probably get a decent amount of use out of her.

With the Awakening banner ended, they decided they will actually bother to demote units after all and we got Morgan M at 4* with Spur Def/Res as the 4* skill. Kinda hoped they'd demote that fancy flying tome and I think the first generic weapon they've added to the regular summoning pool that wasn't just an upgrade to an existing one (aka Slaying weapons), but a Red Tome getting demoted is nice too, since all the new ones so far have stayed 5* exclusive. Dull Ranged and Spur Def/Res are both pretty interesting skills too.
« Last post by Tomara on Yesterday at 05:28:18 AM »
Chucked 160 orbs at the new banner and got:
1x Sharena
1x Alfonse

Noteworthy 4 stars:
3x Sothe (one +atk one to build, two disappointments to fodder off)
2x Klein (it's always nice to see him)
2x Soren (both with terrible banes, but hey, finally more merges!)
3x Lukas (I'm not sure why I'd ever need three but if I want to get serious about building one, I now have a +def, -spd one)
4x Niles (uh, Iceberg for everyone?)

Maybe I should see if I have something like a +atk Niles and build one sometime.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Shin Megami Tensei V
« Last post by Farron on March 21, 2018, 09:40:36 PM »
Well, I hope you liked it at least.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Shin Megami Tensei V
« Last post by Starmongoose on March 21, 2018, 07:27:28 PM »
That's twice I've clicked on your blog today lol, once from Reddit and once from here.
The Soundroom / Re: Random VGM
« Last post by Rook on March 21, 2018, 06:35:38 PM »
Zelda theme (every important note off pitch)
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Warriors
« Last post by Aeolus on March 21, 2018, 05:25:30 PM »

And that's this version done and dusted. Next up will be the inevitable FEW Legends that'll include all of the above in the base product, with a second set of DLC to add even more characters and maps.

Lol, and one more marketing fuckup for the road. Release date is the 29th, not yesterday.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10