Author Topic: FF12 HD - Zodiac Age

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FF12 HD - Zodiac Age
« Reply #195 on: November 17, 2017, 09:39:03 PM »
I have a feeling that whatever the announcement is about will turn out to be underwhelming.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 20, 2017, 10:34:21 AM »
Sounds like you're familiar with Square Enix
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 20, 2017, 11:02:54 PM »
Wow, thanks @Aeolus .  I don't think it's going to be an actually substantial announcement, of course, but just the fact that it could be is exciting.  My guess: announcing Steam version.

If anything, it's praiseworthy that they are bringing every single main entry to Steam one after the other.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 21, 2017, 10:54:40 AM »
The announcement was: Sky Pirate's Den is returning.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 21, 2017, 12:59:04 PM »

I have a feeling that whatever the announcement is about will turn out to be underwhelming.

We have a winner! Give this man a cookie.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 21, 2017, 02:05:25 PM »
It is insane how much I want a XII-2. 

Incidentally, I also want a giant bag of gold.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 21, 2017, 05:41:53 PM »
It is insane how much I want a XII-2. 

Incidentally, I also want a giant bag of gold.

I'd rather have a wheelbarrow of Gold, personally. Easier to cart to the bank without getting mugged. =P

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 21, 2017, 08:12:44 PM »

We have a winner! Give this man a cookie.
I'll take go for the traditional chocolate chip cookie.  As for the announcement.  *yawn*

Electricb7

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 21, 2017, 09:26:18 PM »
bu bu bu bu but what about the nice Bunny girl butt theme?

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 21, 2017, 10:21:32 PM »
I couldn't care less about scantily clad bunny girls.  Give me attractive human women over animal/human hybrids one hundred percent of the time.  Also, I can't stand Fran's get up in Final Fantasy XII.  It seriously pisses me off.  She's a freaking sky pirate dressed as a stripper.  She should be wearing clothing more appropriate for her profession as well as providing better protection for her body.

She can wear that costume when entertaining Balthier behind closed doors.  Seriously, if the game had the option to wear different costumes for the characters, I would've found something more practical to wear for Vaan, Fran and Ashe.  None of their costumes are appropriate for adventuring and rebelling against powerful empires.

P.S. - On another note.  The moment I acquired the waitress outfit for Velvet in Tales of Berseria, I immediately switched.  She's an awesome character, but I fucking hate her canon costume with the fire of a thousand burning hypernovas.  It's fucking awful.  Yes, she's hot.  No you don't need to have her barely dressed in such awful rags.  Don't get me started on the DLC costumes that seemed to be aimed at showing as much skin as possible.  Keep it to the concept art.

P.P.S. - One final note.  I have absolutely nothing wrong with scantily clad female characters as long as they're not melee fighters.  If the character's concept that they're a ranged fighter (such as archer or mage) and aren't intended to be fighting at close range, then I am willing to forgive showing some skin.  If the character is a civilian NPC (whether major or minor), then they can show as much skin as they like or the developers can get away with.  If they're meant to be melee fighters who get into the thickest of the fighting, then they better be appropriately attired. Chris Lightfellow from Suikoden III is a decent example of what I'm referring to.  Both her costumes are appropriate for a warrior to wear.  Ultimecia's barely there costume from Dissidia Final Fantasy, however, offends me.  Seriously, if she were nude, I'd be less offended.  At least, then, the developers would be honest about their intentions.

P.P.P.S & TLDR - Sorry about the rant, but the comment about bunny girls set me off.  I'll try to be quieter next time.  Also, if you like bunny girls, I'm cool with that.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:32:16 PM by MonCapitan2002 »

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 21, 2017, 10:33:52 PM »
I couldn't care less about scantily clad bunny girls.

Also, if you like bunny girls, I'm cool with that.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 11:00:34 PM by Annubis »

Electricb7

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 21, 2017, 10:59:39 PM »
I couldn't care less about scantily clad bunny girls.  Give me attractive human women over animal/human hybrids one hundred percent of the time. 

« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 12:27:31 AM by Electricb7 »

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 22, 2017, 12:12:09 AM »
I couldn't care less about scantily clad bunny girls.  Give me attractive human women over animal/human hybrids one hundred percent of the time. 

Your link is busted.

That said, the worst part about Furries are the faces. Imagine two foxes and their snoots tongue-wrestle each other. Yeah, totally sexy guys.

Also, I get itchy enough as it is with regular human hair, nevermind being a walking carpet. Also also, when I get hair in my mouth, that's irritating as is, no need for the hairballs. Also also also, full shag requires almost full time grooming everywhere (and you wonder why cats spend most of their time grooming themselves or sleeping after grooming themselves). And to make it somewhat topical, I don't think we need news cycles consumed by controversies over who gave women a one-legged salute. Its bad enough as it is already, seriously, its just not worth it.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 22, 2017, 08:33:51 AM »
@MonCapitan2002 - I mostly agree with you, except I really don't care for NPCs dressing like strippers either.  That's really the only difference.  But Fran and Ashe's outfits, especially, are probably the two worst outfits ever designed for any FF character.  Can anyone think of an FF character with a worse outfit (besides folks like Red XIII, who don't technically have outfits)?

I do have to say, Chris Lightfellow is one of the most well designed JRPG characters of all time, and I say that without ever having played Suiko 3.  On appearance alone, she is striking and memorable.  No need to show skin.

Also, that was Cloud of Darkness you linked, not Ultimecia.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 22, 2017, 09:48:17 AM »
@MonCapitan2002 - I mostly agree with you, except I really don't care for NPCs dressing like strippers either.  That's really the only difference.  But Fran and Ashe's outfits, especially, are probably the two worst outfits ever designed for any FF character.  Can anyone think of an FF character with a worse outfit (besides folks like Red XIII, who don't technically have outfits)?

I do have to say, Chris Lightfellow is one of the most well designed JRPG characters of all time, and I say that without ever having played Suiko 3.  On appearance alone, she is striking and memorable.  No need to show skin.

Also, that was Cloud of Darkness you linked, not Ultimecia.

Original Mobius protag design was worse (than Ashe's).
Cindy's design was worse (than Ashe's).
Celes' in-game outfit was worse (than Ashe's).

Otherwise, no... not much. And yeah, my main issue with Fran isn't even her outfit being too revealing, it's that it's too revealing AND is nowhere near in-line with the rest of her race.