Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back

Frostillicus

• View Profile
Re: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« Reply #5070 on: August 10, 2018, 12:07:43 PM »
Wasn't the entire point of Ready Player One to beat nostalgic game references down your throat? 

I won't belabor it, but if that film wasn't aware of how ham fisted it was being it would have been entirely unbearable to watch (though the book was worse)

I suppose, but I didn't quite think of it that way. Nostalgia is the movie, but it didn't feel to me that it was being excessively forced. Greatly used and acknowledged, ...but not forced.
I guess I'm saying that we've all encountered plenty of modern media that tries to get through to consumers by pathetically implying "Hey, remember this?", and that's all there is to it. I felt as though it was done better here. There was at least a little bit more to it than that.
See? You've already got me thinking too much about a movie that doesn't require it. Dangit, Rucks.

EDIT: One key thing I forgot to mention, I was very high when watching it. ...Which probably more than explains my viewpoint.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:11:51 PM by Frostillicus »
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: August 10, 2018, 12:20:57 PM »

EDIT: One key thing I forgot to mention, I was very high when watching it. ...Which probably more than explains my viewpoint.

that part was implied

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: August 10, 2018, 12:29:08 PM »
^ Indeed. I'm sure everyone figured that is usually the case with me when I said I enjoyed Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters. A deliciously guilty pleasure, that one.
I loved how much Grim disliked that movie.
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: August 10, 2018, 12:36:30 PM »
^ Indeed. I'm sure everyone figured that is usually the case with me when I said I enjoyed Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters. A deliciously guilty pleasure, that one.
I loved how much Grim disliked that movie.

A very self aware film.  I actually loved it...

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"