Author Topic: Sony implements online pass

CDFN

• View Profile
Re: Sony implements online pass
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 01:59:01 PM »
I'm surprised by the amount of people here that don't play online. Not even co-op? Some games like uncharted have co-op adventure which is like single-player but with a buddy or two helping out. Aren't you at least curious to try it? You just don't get the thrills you get from competitive gaming by playing alone. You just don't.
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

Akanbe-

• Meep
    • View Profile
    • RPGamer
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 04:26:06 PM »
I'm surprised by the amount of people here that don't play online. Not even co-op? Some games like uncharted have co-op adventure which is like single-player but with a buddy or two helping out. Aren't you at least curious to try it? You just don't get the thrills you get from competitive gaming by playing alone. You just don't.

You also don't get the glorious, glorious sodium-rich hatemail.  Ahh I love it so much.

I agree and am surprised about it as well.  Portal 2 co-op so far has been incredibly fun. I wouldn't even bother playing or even buying games like Marvel vs Capcom 3 if it wasn't for the ability to play online since I don't know of anyone in town who plays.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 04:49:13 PM »
It's not a crusade against used games at all.  It's a crusade against people buying used copies and then playing multiplayer on their servers.

Want to buy a used copy, thereby not supporting the developer or publisher at all?  No problem!  You can play the single-player campaign as much as you want.  Go crazy.

Want to play online with your used copy?  Then be prepared to pay up.  It's no different than the one-time-use serial numbers for online RPGs.  Pay up, cheap-asses.

I think that works fine in reference to used game sales, but it's bullshit for rentals. Part of the reason to rent is to try a game and see if I like it, and if multiplayer's a big angle then I won't know unless I fork the money. Then again, I think EA at least gives you something like a day to play without using the code/buying the pass, so if EVERYONE does it that way then it's a moot point.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 05:07:06 PM by Eusis »

Azrael

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 04:55:53 PM »
Not everyone enjoys the "competitiveness" of online gaming. I know I don't, and it's reflected in my choice of games. But even shooters, I prefer to play by myself than play online, co-op or competitively. It just boils down to it not being for everyone.

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2011, 06:42:19 PM »
im kinda surprised too. ive been playing online games since dreamcast.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”