Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Kevadu on Today at 08:26:20 PM »
Been hit on my bike twice.  Somehow didn't get any injuries either time (and in one of them the car was going like 30mph...).

It sucks but getting angry doesn't solve anything.  I really hope you got his insurance info at least...
« Last post by Rucks on Today at 07:41:52 PM »
Whole back wheel is bent and fucked up, frame may be damaged. The asshole was pulling out of a Walgreens and I had space to pass him since LEGALLY he's supposed to stop before he pulls out (I was on the curb, I know, not supposed to be). As I get half past him, he starts moving again and before I have time to move he runs into me, taking out the wheel and knocking my bike out from under me. Scratches on my right leg from the bike getting knocked around, and my knee feels wobbly but that could be from nerves and adrenaline, nothing hurts though.

As I'm cursing about getting hit, he gets out of his car and gives me shit for being on the sidewalk. I told him get away from me before I put his head through his windshield. His wife kept asking if I was ok and I said I'm fucking furious, your husband needs to get away from before I hurt him. He then drives off, never asking if I'm ok or about the damage he inflicted on me or my bike.

I'm so over today...

^ infuriating... what a knob

pro tip: when you are approaching a vehicle like that, looking directly at the driver's head seems to help them notice you.  I think there is something in our DNA where we just seem to know when someone is looking at us, so 99% of the time staring hole through a drivers noggin is enough for them to make eye contact with you (and thus acknowledge and react to your presence).  It's really unfortunate that idiots behind the wheel force cyclists to have to be careful enough to make sure everyone else is paying attention to you.
« Last post by Agent D. on Today at 06:38:05 PM »
Whole back wheel is bent and fucked up, frame may be damaged. The asshole was pulling out of a Walgreens and I had space to pass him since LEGALLY he's supposed to stop before he pulls out (I was on the curb, I know, not supposed to be). As I get half past him, he starts moving again and before I have time to move he runs into me, taking out the wheel and knocking my bike out from under me. Scratches on my right leg from the bike getting knocked around, and my knee feels wobbly but that could be from nerves and adrenaline, nothing hurts though.

As I'm cursing about getting hit, he gets out of his car and gives me shit for being on the sidewalk. I told him get away from me before I put his head through his windshield. His wife kept asking if I was ok and I said I'm fucking furious, your husband needs to get away from before I hurt him. He then drives off, never asking if I'm ok or about the damage he inflicted on me or my bike.

I'm so over today...
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Etrian Odyssey V
« Last post by thetrueelec on Today at 06:16:34 PM »
I played the demo and really enjoyed it, will pick it up soon.
« Last post by Rucks on Today at 06:13:19 PM »
I hate hearing stories of cyclists getting hit. It's FAR too common unfortunately. Really really really glad you're alright D. 
« Last post by Annubis on Today at 05:51:57 PM »
Just got hit by a car on my bike. I'm fine...

Bike's not.

D is strong...
D is tough...

Have you perchance ever watched the movie Unbreakable?
« Last post by Starmongoose on Today at 05:41:53 PM »
oh no :( I'm glad you're okay at least.
« Last post by Agent D. on Today at 05:38:37 PM »
Just got hit by a car on my bike. I'm fine...

Bike's not.
Watched episode 1 of Inhumans. I don't think I would say it was "bad," but it was underwhelming? Although I might be trying to give it too much credit? It fails at making me feel like the villain was a threat because his plan only succeeds because Crystal is a moron and forceful evacuates two of the best fighters (one of which was about to kill the main villain) against their will. Had she not gotten involved the coup probably would have been taken care of.

The fact that the show seems to be on Ludicrous Speed doesn't really do it any favors as well as apparently there's like 3 episodes left for the season. In fact, it feels that the main thrust of the show is simply to get the main characters out of their ivory tower for a few minutes, while the conflict is almost entirely a secondary affair. In like the space of 3 days the characters have done the following
Spoiler: show
Black Bolt: Gets arrested, makes a cell buddy, breaks out, gets science'd on with Inhuman Super Gene results, wipes out half of the antagonist's strike force and learns how to benevolence.
Medusa: Gets haircut'd, changes her wardrobe, befriends a nerd, dodges the law and learns how not to be a queen bitch.
Karnak: Gets nerfed, falls in with some :420: farmers, bangs a hot chick, gets some of his powers back, dismantles a drug cartel and learns how not to be a complete tool.
Gorgon: Hangs with some surfer dudes, gets into some fights, has to bury one of his surfer dudes and learns of the benefits of having a brain.
Crystal: Gets her dog back, gets her dog run over, falls in with a blonde dude who's available after breaking up with a bitchy vet, gets said bitchy vet to treat her dog and will probably learn something next episode like how not to be a douche bimbo or something.
Lockjaw: Gets gassed, run over, and nursed back to health by this nice bitch. Learns that being CGI Doge is hard.
Maximus: Learns that unlocking his gimmick is hard. Harder than usurping a throne at least. But that's okay because he's still unlikeable like every other Mootian (not named Black Bolt; seriously, his emoting is his real mutant powers; the "Black Canary but stronger because he's a dude and that this isn't DC where wall shattering vocal cords don't even get you into the Justice League until the third pass at the earliest" powers are just a bonus).

Also they got the band back together by episode 3.

Basically. For a Marvelverse related property, this has been really underwhelming thus far. Its been like going through the motions without committing to anything.
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Rucks on Today at 03:55:47 PM »
Well that settles it...

Mesh isn't Arti....

He's Beetlejuice!

haaaaa!!

this was sneaky funny and deserves more props than it got
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10