Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Oh yeah, crap, I bought Tales of Berseria last week when it was on Sale at Gamestop. I haven't played Zesteria yet, however. How jarring would you say it would be to go from Berseria to Zesteria? Because I kind of want to prioritize Bersy, especially since Zesty has an anime adaption, but I still want to give the game a chance, I mean...I bought it, after all...I also still have Xillia 1 & 2 to finish, but those are kind of stuck on the Backburner until I finish every other Tales game except Legendia...

I mean, you'll miss some of the lore but I could resume it to you pretty quickly. It's not that essential as the adventure of ToB is so far prior to ToZ that there is little that is shared by both games.

Seraphim = spirits - immortal - usually born from nothing but rarely born from human soul when dying
Malevolence = corruption; created by humans - cannot be cured other than by the flames of purification
Sheperd = human with the power to merge with seraphim and use the flames of purification (ToZ's main character)
Dragons = seraphim with too much malevolence
Hellion = animal/human with too much malevolence
The Lord of Calamity = the big evil from ToZ
Maotelus = one of the great spirits. There are 4 others (elementals)
Spoiler: show

Maotelus (again) = became corrupted and was the source of The Lord of Calamity's power.
Eizen (ToB) is Edna (ToZ)'s brother and in ToZ he's a dragon
General Discussions / Re: Today In The News
« Last post by Dincrest on Today at 04:41:34 PM »
I wonder if at any point in history we've ever had this level of staff turnover in the White House.  That one dude only lasted in his position for 5 days. 

But now I wonder who will replace Bannon.  Will it be some figurehead, or will Mike Pence simply take over as Chief Strategist just like he took over Chris Christie's position as head of Trump's transition team when Trump quickly booted him. 

As for the whole Charlottesville thing, I've been seeing everyone chanting "First Amendment! Rah rah rah!" and all that.  The First Amendment states that
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Last time I checked, swarming in while brandishing torches, truncheons and semi-automatic weapons with intent to harm people and/or vandalize public property is not peaceable assembly.       

Reflection: I had just moved to NYC when 9/11 hit.  That day I saw the worst of humanity, and also the best.  I'll admit, I was afraid to walk the streets because of my skin color, but I found my courage and found myself hugging random strangers, all of us reassuring each other that we were all in this together, and throngs of people were crowding hospitals willing to give blood.  Do something positive, show love and unity in the face of hatred.  Trump's presidency continues to throw the most hateful of humanity in my face, what with hate groups acting with impunity, believing that the Presdent has given them carte blance to do so.  But I still cling to the hope that the very BEST of humanity will emerge from the ashes of this era, because after all the destruction escaped Pandora's Box, what emerged at the end of it all was the light of hope. 
General Discussions / Re: Random and Amazing Pictures, Please!
« Last post by Dincrest on Today at 04:23:40 PM »
...and so it goes.  The older/previous generation decrying how the new/next generation is ruining everything.  Happens all the time.  Probably happened when Neanderthals started grumbling at the Cro-Magnons to "Get off'a my lawn!  Darn kids and their newfangled carved tools!" 
Oh yeah, crap, I bought Tales of Berseria last week when it was on Sale at Gamestop. I haven't played Zesteria yet, however. How jarring would you say it would be to go from Berseria to Zesteria? Because I kind of want to prioritize Bersy, especially since Zesty has an anime adaption, but I still want to give the game a chance, I mean...I bought it, after all...I also still have Xillia 1 & 2 to finish, but those are kind of stuck on the Backburner until I finish every other Tales game except Legendia...
Anime, TV, and Movies / Re: New Gundam Store Open in Tokyo ^_^
« Last post by Mickeymac92 on Today at 03:37:46 PM »
I honestly thought it was spam...
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Mickeymac92 on Today at 03:37:12 PM »
Okay, so there's a pot leaf stuck on the stoop of my apartment...and it's a torrential downpour, and has been most of the day...I kind of doubt it had blown there between this morning and right before the rain started (around noon at the latest)...and the guy across the hall has been broken into several times...without anything being stolen...and the halls consistantly smell like smoke, even though smoking isn't allowed in my building...and the doorway smells like a skunk...yeah, I don't think I need to be a detective to figure out that someone is smoking pot in my apartment, if not outright dealing drugs...I already had to deal with that shit last year, this time I might have to contact the landlord...
General Discussions / Re: Today In The News
« Last post by Agent D. on Today at 02:36:53 PM »
« Last post by Annubis on Today at 02:32:26 PM »
I like that the common trait among all these things is that millenials are killing things that are not essential and cost money.
It's almost like they have less disposable income than the baby boomers... oh wait, that's what's happening.
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Der Jermeister on Today at 01:44:33 PM »
I beat Stick of Truth. Good, but not great, since the fart / puzzle mechanics were somewhat esoteric, and I noticed a glitch where the messages telling you how to use skills became garbled, and necessitated that I quit and restart the game.

I'm up to the one-hour mark in Dragon Quest VIII 3DS, and I'm a little lost but still having fun. Like how they actually show how many skill points are necessary to get new skills when using skill points from leveling.
« Last post by Tooker on Today at 12:41:39 PM »
AVOCADO.

O.

:)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10