Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Hathen

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #480 on: June 14, 2017, 06:59:13 AM »
I'm at 40k points in Tempest Trials. Not planning on doing the new paralogues until that's over since the time limit on the paralogues is longer, but I did get enough orbs to pull.

First try: No blues. Of course.

3* Cherche: Attack +3 for all my healers.

Screw it, just gonna pull all 5 next time.

4* Oboro: Of course.
3* Gwen: Can't I get one of the halfway useful armors for once? I'd even prefer Draug because at least Ward Armor would be useful in armor emblem.
3* Beruka: Crappy in Fates and crappy here too.
4* Azama: Pain has some niche use, but I already have him.
3* Laslow: They didn't even get Liam O'Brien to reprise the role so I don't even get the satisfaction of hearing his super sexy man voice. (Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure they only actually got the same person to voice in like half the cases where they had voices before)

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 14, 2017, 09:31:35 AM »
Has @Tomara gotten Takumi yet?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 14, 2017, 10:00:33 AM »
Nope :(

But you'll see, by the time he's completely useless on a meta level, I'll finally get my husbando.

I've already reached the point were I have a superior 5* archer (namely my +atk Klein), so hey, I'll get there!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 14, 2017, 10:01:56 AM »
I'll check back next month, then.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 14, 2017, 10:30:07 AM »
Managed to clear at least one more pulls worth of space before the Bride Focus expired last night so I decided to drop an Orb for more Barracks space go for two more Bride pulls. Got 2 Reds, 2 Colorless and 1 Green. Welp so much for Charlotte or Caeda. The reds were a 4 star Eliwood and a 3 star Draug (Skill and Feather fodder respectfully), the Green was a 3 star Gunter (a 4 star would've been worth something, but all this one's good for is the setup for a Mounted Emblem skill or Feathers), a 3 star Wrys (Live to Serve fodder for sure), and a 5 star Bridal Lyn (Woot!). My final pull for the Bride Focus was far less interesting (3 Greens, a Red and a Blue; only a 4 Star Barst was worth anything to me out of that). Cleared enough of the fodder to make room for yet another pull under the Echoes of Mystery Focus and pulled nothing but trash (and I guess a 3 star Odin for more Blarblade shenanigans, too bad my only other Blue Tome user is a Spring Lucina). But then, I've had stupidly good luck recently so I can take a bad pull or two.

Anyways, apparently the word on the street is that the next Voting Gauntlet is going to be a Staff~Staff~ off. Boy I am definitely not looking forward to that, especially if it drops before the Tempest Trials are done.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 18, 2017, 07:53:09 AM »
So since I'm insane I'm up to 70k in the Tempest Trials. Guess I should knock out the new Grand Hero before going any further. I got 20 orbs now so fingers crossed for me to +2 my Reinhardt.

3* Robin: Why not, might as well make a 3* cutscene a tradition.
4* Camilla: Already got one with the perfect boon so dunno what I'll do with her. Savage Blow would be nice if this game wasn't a OHKO fest.
4* Sheena: She ain't Hector but I can't complain too much. Nice to have another armor who doesn't totally suck. She's +ATK -SPD too.
3* Palla: More Goad Fliers for whenever I get around to making a real flier team.
3* Gaius: Pass would be a lot more useful if it could be used to pass through forests or something.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 18, 2017, 09:46:34 AM »
I'm still around 9k in Tempest Trials. I haven't actually run it in over a week. Actually I have barely even been playing. Didn't even realize there was a new GHB. So thanks for that. Picked up 3* legion and called it a day.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 18, 2017, 12:33:47 PM »
I'm currently at 2300~ish, so what did you guys run T_T with?

My first consists of 4 star Tharja (+Res/-Def), 5 star Ephraim (+Atk/-HP), 5 star Camilla (+Res/-Def), and 5 star Bride Lyn (+HP/-Def)
My second consists of 5 star Eliwood (Neutral), 4 star Gunter (+Atk/-Spd), 4 star Ursula (Neutral), and 4 star Frederick(+Atk/-Res)
My third consists of 4 star Female Robin (or 5 star Raven if I need the Green Physical power over the Mounted Mage counter; Neutral for the former, +HP/-Atk for the latter), 5 star Klein (+Res/-HP), 5 star Sanaki (+HP/-Spd), and 5 star Level 40+1 Cordelia (+Atk/-HP)
And my fourth consists of 5 star Zephiel (Neutral), 5 star Level 36 Spring Lucina (+Def/-Res), 4 star Cecilia (Neutral), and 4 star Level 36 Olivia (Neutral) (I may also throw my Level 38 Hana in there if I need the extra Green fighting power; +Res/-Spd)

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 18, 2017, 02:57:23 PM »
My starting team is Alm, Fae, Sakura and MRobin. All 5* except for MRobin. Versatile and sturdy, but usually not strong enough to make it to the 5 or 6th battle.

When they fall, I switch to My Little Pony: Friendship is Destruction: Cecilia, Reinhardt, Xander and Elise. All 5* except for Cecilia. They, of course, have some cavalry boosting skills. Under the right circumstances, they can complete the rest of the trial without much difficulty.

If they don't, I have two options:

Battle 5 or earlier: the fodder team goes in. That means 5* Lucius, 4* Klein, 4* Tharja and another unit with high offensive capabilities (usually from this selection: 4* Nino, 5* Linde, 5* Camus, 5* Nowi). They don't usually survive the final battle, but that's okay. The survival multiplier doesn't amount to much anyway.

Battle 6 or 7: Final Battle team, go!
This elite unit consists of:
-5* Sanaki, who takes 0 dames from all green mages and can deep fry Hectors on top of that
-5* Klein, who loves destroying all sorts of annoying units with his +atk stats
-4* Olivia, who acts as support for Sanaki and Klein so they can kill even more units even more efficiently
-Whatever 4*/5* can tank that annoying mounted mage in the top right (and wasn't part of Team Fodder)

(My Olivia and 5* Klein spend so much time together, it's starting to feel like they are a couple. A very cute couple.)

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 18, 2017, 10:16:21 PM »
I'm currently at 2300~ish, so what did you guys run T_T with?
Team 1 (Team TA): Robin (M), Julia, Sanaki, and Azura
Team 2 (Horse Emblem): Reinhardt, Titania, Xander, Elise
Team 3 (Armor Emblem): Effie, Zephiel, Hector, and Lachesis
Team 4 (Team Oh Fuck Oh Fuck, Oh Fuck): Ryoma, Ninian, and 2 others selected based on final battle units

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 19, 2017, 05:54:23 AM »
Team 1: Eirika, Reinhardt, Azura, Tharja 4*
Strategy should be obvious- Reinhardt kills everything while Tharja kills Greens, with Eirika to charge up her Blade Tome. I often can reach the final map just using this team, and if I'm lucky, I'll beat that one with this team too. It can get cut short if I get screwed on RNG though- if a map is nothing but green tomes or something dumb like that Tharja can get worn out because she has subpar RES for a mage, and my Eirika is -SPD so she can only do so much.

Team 2: Eliwood, Priscilla, Cecilia, Olivia 4*
Usually used for the final map, but it does okay on advancing too. Certain combinations of units will screw the team over but usually Eliwood has no trouble dueling both reds and greens since I stuck swordbreaker on him. My Cecilia is currently a Raven build so she can take both Blues and Colorless.

If both those teams fail, I basically just cobble together random teams of 5*s to try to counter whatever the map is throwing at me. Roy in particular gets a ton of use because his balanced stats and Triangle Adept make him a really great Green killer, and you need a good one for Veronica because her stats are high enough that she can screw over reds regardless.

Also, Wings of Mercy is the worst. Cain and Frederick can die in a fire.

In other news, I beat all 3 Legion maps. Probably took me over 100 Stamina before I solved the Infernal one- the stats on the enemies are so ridiculous even the aforementioned Roy has trouble beating Legion without being worn down. Towards the end of the fight I had to kite a bunch of enemies around while my cavaliers chipped them to death.

I'll also likely rank down in the Arena this week, because apparently Tier 18 and above you can only go up or down, there's no bracket for staying. My Cavaliers didn't have the stats to get me a score high enough so I replaced them one by one with Infantry units until I was only left with Reinhardt. Took me a few dueling swords to get a perfect 7-streak but my score still wasn't enough. Looks like I'm running up against the whales in Tier 19 so there's no real hope of winning for me. At least I'll still get 4 Orbs though.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 19, 2017, 02:36:59 PM »
Unfortunately Tier 17 and lower only dish out 3 orbs or less. Fortunately, I've managed enough momentum to score myself upwards to Tier 17 this time, so that's finally happening.

As for T_T, it's just so goddamn demoralizing to go into a run, only to get bogarded on the 4th or so map with hard counters to your units.

Also it sounds like Reinhardt is goddamn mandatory for the mode, because my Ursula isn't cutting it, even with Blarblade. I'm still only 23000~ish right now too. It just fucking sucks.

At least I've cleared Legion on Lunatic (Infernal can bite me right now, hopefully there'll be a ReGHeB for him later on, and not during another of these T_Ts; unless Infernal is supposed to be the ReGHeB; I kinda doubt it though since the other ReGHeBs of the first GHeBs didn't adjust the ranks or difficulty levels to match the later ones).

Glitch Pull Edit: The comp Orbs for Legion's bugged GHeB were enough to put me over the threshold for another pull. So I dumped two Fredericks and a 4 star Raven into Masked Marth (because lol, fuck us and our discount Lucinas) and got myself another 4 star Selena and a 5 star Roderick (with +Def/-Spd; not terribly thrilled about this as he's supposed to be the fast one, and his Firesweep Lance shuts down counterattacks, which makes the extra Def fairly useless) in exchange (along with yet another 3 star Raigh, Bartre and Subaki to add to the goddamn pile). Still he could be a good source of powercreep skills if nothing else (Infantry would love those Drive Def skills for an Aura with range on it, Roderick, being mounted, has little need for a weaker/generic Aura Buffs when he could eat an Eliwood for a much stronger version instead).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 05:44:42 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 21, 2017, 05:15:02 AM »
There's less than 24 hours left on the clock, but for what it's worth, I've swapped out my first team since my last post because I decided I might as well get some Hero Merit while doing this crappy event (Maxed out Tharja and co. like 50 runs ago). A girl power team of Celica, Azura, Anna, and Lissa got me to the final map pretty consistently, and even beat it sometimes (but I usually just surrendered regardless so I could get Tharja in for the 1.4x). I've since swapped Anna with Spring Chrom and Lissa with Wrys and it works just as well. I think a balanced red/blue/green team with a healer can get to the end pretty reliably if you don't mind getting crappy time rankings. Also my Celica and Azura are both -SPD and my Spring Chrom is -ATK so they're not even that good, and for a bunch of the runs I had only default skills on Celica (saved SP since I hadn't decided on her build yet).

I really, really hope the next time around they'll do something like make each run cost 50 stamina and have the required score be much lower. This event takes way more time than a mobile game should.

I also pulled and got:
3* Florina: I have like 10 of her and there's only like 3 units or something that like having Darting Blow. Can I at least get more Shannas or Subakis, those guys have skills I want.
3* Frederick: Well, at least Wings of Mercy 2 is something.
4* Roy: -HP, +DEF. Dunno if I should upgrade him and merge or save him for when a unit wants Triangle Adept. Probably will go with the letter.
3* Gordin: Right unit, wrong rank. Thanks Obama.
3* Virion: I think I've made up for that nice pull back during the Echoes banner, can I start getting good units again?

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 21, 2017, 09:06:22 PM »
I really think that the T_T were just too long and prone to random chance ("Hi, Wings of Mercy here! There goes your front line. Better luck next time. :P"), and shoddy AI (Healbot heals Buffer, Buffer buffs Drawbacker, Drawbacker drawsback Healer, repeat until you suicide someone).

Gripe Edit: But really, my mobile device's screen takes the wrong input all the goddamn time. I can't even count the number of fuck-ups caused because the game didn't register my commands properly, accidentally canceled out of one command (like moving to a specific place command) while inputing another (suddenly I'm attacking from the wrong goddamn square), clicks the wrong unit, does an end command input as I'm in the middle of issuing a movement command, and many more issues. Having to slog through seven matches with these hanging over my head is what makes this the goddamn worst.

That said, I'm currently sitting at 36k, so 4k more for the last realistically obtainable set of Orbs, 9k for the last swath of Crystalline Exp, and 14k for Quickened Pulse. I've got a full tank of Stamina, two thirds of the Legion GHeB rewards, its night out, and I've got my shades on. Let's grind.

Edit the Second: Welp. Only made it to the Orbs. Didn't make it to the Seal, didn't get Legion mk 3, couldn't even get above the 50k ranking (hit Level 40 for Bridal Lyn though, so my failure wasn't complete). Did the most I could with what I had...thank god the Torture is over...for now.........
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 03:05:05 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 22, 2017, 04:35:19 AM »
There's an option to turn off double tapping to end turn if you haven't toggled that yet. That was probably the most annoying thing for me. Anyway, you can take comfort in knowing you took your real life responsibilities more seriously than I did!

I broke 100k of course. I spent a stamina potion towards the end to secure a rank over 5000. Got to 3929 myself. I heard getting to rank 1000+ needed something like at least 130k so I threw that idea in the trash quickly. I'm crazy, but not that crazy.

Edit: Scraped together 20 orbs, last try for Reinhardt probably.

3* Odin: Moonbow's always nice.
3* Shanna: So is desperation.
3* Shanna: Guess I'm getting my wish from earlier.
3* Draug: Ward Armor will be nice as soon as I get more than 2 armors worth using.
4* Caeda: At least she's new. Too bad she's such a terrible unit.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 06:06:46 AM by Hathen »