Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Anime, TV, and Movies / Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Last post by Kevadu on Today at 02:08:01 AM »
I feel like I should be watching more anime but I really haven't found anything I like this season.  I was sort of enjoying Record of Grancrest War as well until ep 3...but what a mess that episode was.  It felt like they crammed an entire season into a single episode or something.  So much happened with so little explanation.  If that's the way the series is going to continue then forget it...

Maybe I'll try A Place Further Than the Universe after ironmage's recommendation.  I hadn't actually checked it out yet.

Yakitate Japan (28-episode peacock):   I guess this captures my sentiments.

It has been so long since I watched Yakitake Japan I had forgotten that ending was actually a thing.  Such a silly show.  It's hard to think of another ending sequence that has less to do with the contents of the show.

That is not a complaint, BTW ;)
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 01:26:44 AM »
Pop Team Epic looks too silly to comprehend. I'll be laughing at it from a safe distance, as I did with Nichijou/Ordinary Life.

Trying to decide on an anime to watch. My internet's been iffy lately, so I think I'll go through my DVD/Blu-Ray collection.

Should I watch:

Black Lagoon?
Cowboy Bebop (Rewatch)?
Trigun: Badlands Rumble?
Redline?
Banner of the Stars?
Mazinkaizer (Rewatch)?
Gundam 0083: Stardust Memories (Rewatch)?

Figured I'd ask, since I'm really in the mood for fast-paced Action and/Or Sci-Fi awesomeness...and I got a lot in both categories...

Banner of the Stars is very very slow. I'd wait until you want something void of action.
Don't know Redline... so I guess my answer would be Black Lagoon.

With that list you give, it feels like Zegapain would fit well.

Redline's basically anime Wacky Racers, except that it takes itself very seriously in its edginess. Its also a movie much like Bad Lands Rumble if you're looking for something to chew up an hour and a half.

Depending on how sated you are for action those two movies, you can go for either of the two shows you listed.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (no not X)
« Last post by Electricb7 on Yesterday at 10:39:32 PM »
Yes. If you send a Blade on a Merc mission they are removed from the party and you have to manually place them back in when they return.

This is the most polished rushed game I have ever played.

« Last post by Annubis on Yesterday at 10:31:53 PM »

Yeah, I just finished re-watching it myself and I remembered something important while doing so: the last season is pretty meh.
Like, if around episode 50 you start thinking it's not as good, it won't get better.
It should have stopped at the Monaco arc to end on a high note.

Pop Team Epic looks too silly to comprehend. I'll be laughing at it from a safe distance, as I did with Nichijou/Ordinary Life.

Trying to decide on an anime to watch. My internet's been iffy lately, so I think I'll go through my DVD/Blu-Ray collection.

Should I watch:

Black Lagoon?
Cowboy Bebop (Rewatch)?
Redline?
Banner of the Stars?
Mazinkaizer (Rewatch)?

Figured I'd ask, since I'm really in the mood for fast-paced Action and/Or Sci-Fi awesomeness...and I got a lot in both categories...

Banner of the Stars is very very slow. I'd wait until you want something void of action.
Don't know Redline... so I guess my answer would be Black Lagoon.

With that list you give, it feels like Zegapain would fit well.
« Last post by Mickeymac92 on Yesterday at 07:52:33 PM »

Should I watch:

Black Lagoon?
Cowboy Bebop (Rewatch)?
Redline?
Banner of the Stars?
Mazinkaizer (Rewatch)?

« Last post by ironmage on Yesterday at 07:09:34 PM »

A Place Further Than the Universe (3-episodes, continuing):  A girl plans a trip to Antarctica to search for her mother; the problem is convincing an expeditionary team to take her along.  This is my surprise hit of the season.  Likeable characters, quick pacing.

Darling in the Franxx (2-episodes, continuing):  *whistles*  Now that's good giant robot anime.

Record of Grancrest War (3-episode provisional continuance):  This looked to be a decent fantasy series during the first two episodes, but the third felt a bit rushed, and the animation quality began to drop.  I'm cautiously pessimistic.

citrus (3-episode no-comment):  This is something I'm watching.  It belongs to a particular genre, and has characters and plot elements. *cough*

Pop Team Epic (3-episode what-is-this-I-don't-even):  You will either find this very funny, or consider it a complete mess.  Both viewpoints are correct.

Laid-back Camp (2-episodes...so far):  I'm enjoying this slice-of-life highschool-camping-club series at the moment, but I usually get bored with slice-of-life around episode four.  Let's see how it goes.

Hakyu Hoshin Engi (2-episode drop):  I liked the Chinese mythological setting, but the writing was a bit of a mess.  The abrupt scene changes gave me brain whiplash.

Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody (2-episode drop):  I'm not looking for an isekai with an absurdly overpowered protagonist right now, thanks.

And here's the rest:
Spoiler: show

Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles (1-episode drop):  If you thought a series focussed on eating ramen would be boring, you'd be right.

Working Buddies! (1-episode drop):  In the first episode, some cats delivered some packages....and that was basically it.

Katana Maidens ~ Toji no Miko (1-episode drop):  It started out as a "schoolgirls with katanas battle generic monsters" series, but after a brief onsen scene, transitioned to some sort of tournament.

Junji Ito Collection (10-minute drop):   I guess this was supposed to be horror, but I found myself laughing at how silly it was.

Sanrio Boys (5-minute drop):  I'm not the target audience for this.

Slow Start (6-minute drop):  Vapid slice-of-life loli something-or-other.

School Babysitters (1-episode drop):  Too cutesy for my taste.  Sometimes I get the suspicion certain anime series have social engineering as an underlying motivation (e.g., Japan's birthrate is dropping, so let's sponsor a series that makes young children seem cute).

The Ryuo's Work is Never Done! (1-episode drop): Another Shougi series?  But far from being a potential competitor to "The Lion of March", this is just another crappy harem anime.  I'm somewhat insulted that this even exists.

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san (1-episode drop):  A boy gets teased by the girl who sits to him in class; his attempts at turnaround invariably backfire.  This could have been funny, but the execution wasn't strong enough.

Mitchiri Neko (1-episode drop): Well, that was stupid.

Maerchen Maedchen (1-episode drop):  Having a female protagonist in an isekai isn't all that common, but this is otherwise pretty generic.

How to Keep a Mummy (12-minute drop): Saccharine.

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens [sic] (1-episode drop):  If you're a professional hitman, hiding in someone's house, waiting for them to come home so you can kill them, why would you answer the doorbell?  That level of stupid can't come naturally.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (no not X)
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 05:14:06 PM »
Also, they went and made Ursula's A-Rank Affinity unobtainable (even more so than it already was at least).

That was a slog. What did they end up doing to it?

I haven't been able to double check yet (as I don't have Ursula), but from the trip reports, it sounds like she and other Blades used for Merc Missions get auto-assigned or unassigned to their driver which increases the busy work needed to undertake a Merc Mission.
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 05:08:16 PM »
This is why I hate the AA so much. You really can't compete with full blown whales without becoming one and the gap only grows wider with the powercreep. I've also never made it into Rank 20 in the Arena for that same reason (but then, I'm fine with hanging out at Ranks 18 & 19 since I still get the 4 Orbs per season; it sucks that I miss out on a bunch of Feathers per week but there's really nothing to be done for it by now).

As for the T_T Feather Rank thing, the only time that was ever feasible was during the first or second T_T after they introduced the multiplier bonus and hadn't locked down the 40% bonus units to Banner units only. Since then, it became a total rat race and will never get better. Its why I've stopped placing in the 6k to 8k range for 3k to 4k since its only the offered rewards that are still still worth playing for (and why t_t's are just straight up superior experiences anyways, you get all the offered rewards for investing only half of the time/stamina into the mode).

As for SS bets (because there's almost no chance that this isn't going to be a SS themed banner), I'm going the contrary route and pick Fado, Ismaire and Hayden.

For cool witch grandmas, sadly Niime is currently the only one in the series. The closest alternatives are Genealogy's Hilda and Fate's Areta (neither of whom are cool or playable, plus one's only a grandma on a massive technicality on top of being a water zombie). SS has one, but is an NPC and the rest are all thousand year old prepubescent anime dragon girls. I guess you could make one out of Lissa, Sakura, Elise or any other Gen 1 pairable Kozaki female given the multi-generation mechanics and the Avatar of both games having no reservations in regards to robbing the Hyperbolic Time Chamber cradle (with a bonus of making Fates ladies into actual Witches), but that practice is strictly forbidden.

But yeah, FE6 has been ignored for far too long despite having one of the largest and most diverse rosters in the series (not including multiple generation shenanigans or stupidity like Radiant Dawn or New Mystery). Sadly, I can't see Merlinus winning, if, for no other reason, than because of suffering from Split Vote issues (same reason why Marth and Corrin aren't going to win either despite being the only Smash Represented characters left).

New Banner Edit: Hoo boy. I'm glad I didn't make a serious bet because I would've busted hard. The good news is that we're getting Myrrh to finally join poor lonely Fae on the Green Dragon isle. L'Arachel is here of course as is Eirika (wait a tick, isn't she already in? this isn't even a seasonal thing; GODSDAMMIT DEVS!), and finally will be Marisa eventually when they pull an Ayra/Rhajat with her too (GODSDAMMIT DEVS! AGAIN!!). Wait. Did they just give us a female's only banner (again; aside from the Wedding Banner)? Is this supposed to be Lyon's Harem or something (and why the hell did they repeat Eirika instead of giving us Vanessa, or hell Natasha, Tethys or Syrene)?
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 03:37:54 PM »
Wild Arms 2  - Defeated Grauswein. Went to the volcano, and got the dragon Gundam ship. Cleared one of the Ray points (the fire one), but decided to go exploring and hit up all the green blips on the map/radar. Stumbled upon Crimson Castle and got the eccentric vampire girl in the party. I have yet to see her value in battle, but she did help me find the black market when I went to go change her name again. I then bought 99 big berries, and promptly kicked Tim out of the battle party.
I'm too stupid to figure out the deal with the werewolf's Den...
Currently checking out (what I assume are) other optional places.

EDIT: Came to find out that Vampire girl learns enemy skills. Neat.

Marivel is the main reason why you want to hold off on grinding Tim's GFs too much since it takes some time to track down the enemies she can learn her abilities from (and since you're fighting random mooks anyways, you can take out two birds with one stone; three if you want to get randy and have Kanon come along to try to proc her own abilities). Incidentally, beyond Lilika and the endless supply of Big Berries, Marivel is the other reason why Tim has such a hard time standing out since she's a better Mage as well as requiring less of a grind (if you're using a guide since a lot of her shit is hidden) to get going. Although really, the game really wasn't designed to have three goddamn magic users running around in it, so they all kinda come off as samey in the end.

As for the Werewolf's Den, it requires using Earthquake in a specific location to open up. Ashley gets a neat, if not a particularly useful toy for his Knight Blazer for your efforts.
General Discussions / Re: What's your Favourite Garbage Food?
« Last post by Frostillicus on Yesterday at 03:25:55 PM »
7 layer dip flavored Combos. Can't get enough of the damn things.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10