Author Topic: FF12 HD - Zodiac Age

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: FF12 HD - Zodiac Age
« Reply #210 on: November 22, 2017, 01:59:13 PM »
@MonCapitan2002 - I mostly agree with you, except I really don't care for NPCs dressing like strippers either.  That's really the only difference.  But Fran and Ashe's outfits, especially, are probably the two worst outfits ever designed for any FF character.  Can anyone think of an FF character with a worse outfit (besides folks like Red XIII, who don't technically have outfits)?

I do have to say, Chris Lightfellow is one of the most well designed JRPG characters of all time, and I say that without ever having played Suiko 3.  On appearance alone, she is striking and memorable.  No need to show skin.

Also, that was Cloud of Darkness you linked, not Ultimecia.

Original Mobius protag design was worse (than Ashe's).
Cindy's design was worse (than Ashe's).
Celes' in-game outfit was worse (than Ashe's).

Otherwise, no... not much. And yeah, my main issue with Fran isn't even her outfit being too revealing, it's that it's too revealing AND is nowhere near in-line with the rest of her race.

Celes' In-game outfit was essentially Rosa's Official Art outfit (FF4 because apparently I need to be specific about this). Celes' OA is actually much better (if still not particularly functional as a General's outfit).

As for worse outfits, pick a random Nomura design, and chances are good that you found one (hell, I'mma throw Squall under this bus, that jacket is way too short for those sleeves/thickness/fur collar, and what the hell are those pants? Black Jeans? Leather? Sweats with pockets?).

Alternatively, Luso (I used to have the image, but apparently, its been lost to the Turbo Ether).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 22, 2017, 02:36:06 PM »
No, not even Luso (and certainly no Nomura designs I can easily think of) reaches the level of awful that is Bondage Fran or Regal Princess/Rebel Leader Ashe's Medieval Pink Miniskirt.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Isjaki

• Kind of An Alchemist
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 22, 2017, 03:54:46 PM »
But it is really hot in Ivalice...........

Lolololololol

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 25, 2017, 05:45:50 PM »
bu bu bu bu but what about the nice Bunny girl butt theme?

Wait, where?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. And WOW, you weren't kidding...better remember to change it before company comes over...but I've got the next 4 days to myself, so I'll leave it there. I really just need a new theme in general. Kind of disappointed it's not something of an Easter Egg, like in the Chun-Li's High Kick in the SFV theme, which I've been using for over two months now...but at least it's nice overall. Nice music that doesn't loop too often or grate on my nerves. Good coloring on the backround, and the green isn't too bright/neon so it doesn't hurt my eyes, yet it still readable against the mostly white parts of the backround...nice change of scenery, at least.

...And it helps that I'm an ass-man, of course, but hey...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 06:07:43 PM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 26, 2017, 04:47:34 PM »
@MonCapitan2002 - I mostly agree with you, except I really don't care for NPCs dressing like strippers either.  That's really the only difference.  But Fran and Ashe's outfits, especially, are probably the two worst outfits ever designed for any FF character.  Can anyone think of an FF character with a worse outfit (besides folks like Red XIII, who don't technically have outfits)?

I do have to say, Chris Lightfellow is one of the most well designed JRPG characters of all time, and I say that without ever having played Suiko 3.  On appearance alone, she is striking and memorable.  No need to show skin.

Also, that was Cloud of Darkness you linked, not Ultimecia.
Oh?  I thought she was a redesigned Ultimecia.  That makes a lot more sense.  In any case, she's still far too scantily clad for a fighting game.

Under no circumstances should Quentin Tarantino be allowed to befoul Star Trek.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 27, 2017, 09:23:00 AM »
too scantily clad for a fighting game.

No such thing.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 27, 2017, 10:46:50 AM »
too scantily clad for a fighting game.

No such thing.

This. I'm wondering if MonCapitan has actually looked at any fighting games from the last 20+ years.
;)

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 27, 2017, 07:50:02 PM »
I have.  I didn't care then.  I do now.

Under no circumstances should Quentin Tarantino be allowed to befoul Star Trek.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 28, 2017, 04:26:38 AM »
Also, that's just Cloud of Darkness' original design. I'm just saying, he doesn't need to have played any fighting game from the last 20 years to get where they're coming from. He just has to have played Final Fantasy III. =P

I Draw Stuff Sometimes