Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Single-Player RPGs / Re: RPG Fan Decides My Next Game
« Last post by Frostillicus on Today at 02:28:52 PM »
Star Ocean IV? Are you just checking to see if anyone here hates you?

I voted for it.
I mean, if he wants to play it, he should do it before anything else on that list because it will seem even shittier after playing a good game.

Can't argue with that.
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Mickeymac92 on Today at 02:13:35 PM »
Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition!!!

...is a 15 GB update and I turned my PS4 completely off last night. So I'll have to wait until late to play it. Gotta focus on chores, anyways, since this is the first second-hand-smoke-free day I've had since I moved into my current apartment.

But, I did wind up playing some Paragon instead after lunch. I dunno if I dropped into the Shit tier or whatever, but our Jungler quit 2 minutes into the match, so our team was at a constant disadvantage of 4v5 the entire match.

Yet we killed it. A lot of great teamwork all around vs their nonexistant teamwork, we didn't lose even one inhibitor, while the enemy lost two in a row, and were frequently losing at least 3 members by the midgame portion of the match. I mean, they clearly didn't know what they were doing, so I shouldn't be too proud, but it's just cool to see how much more important having good teamwork is in this game, versus just being really powerful and assaulting anyone that gets in your way. Without our jungler, however, we couldn't contest the jungle buffs and bosses, but even without those, we still won. Feels good!

...I still reported that guy for leaving so quickly into the match, though. He had plenty of time to rejoin if it was just a crash issue. Jerk...
fyi:
today we argued about swords
« Last post by Annubis on Today at 02:00:34 PM »
Star Ocean IV? Are you just checking to see if anyone here hates you?

I voted for it.
I mean, if he wants to play it, he should do it before anything else on that list because it will seem even shittier after playing a good game.
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 01:58:05 PM »
If you can figure out how to change your vote, feel free.  Heh...  '^__^
« Last post by Lian_Kazairl on Today at 01:42:50 PM »
Oh wait, so you've only played the first Mass Effect? Shit, I may have to change my vote. Because as much as I love Cold Steel, a full Mass Effect trilogy playthrough is some seriously good times.
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 01:29:10 PM »
@Frostillicus - yes.  Yes I am.  And you'll notice SO4 has 1 vote, while all-time classics Finding Paradise and Rune Factory 4 have none. :P

@Lian_Kazairl - I bought the entire Mass Effect trilogy for $5 I think summer of last year.  But I played ME1 on 360 ages ago, so I'm actually excited to play through it again on PS3 all the way to its divisive conclusion.

@Aeolus - have you not played WoFF?
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 01:07:02 PM »
Unfortunately, I was 7 when it came out and I had to throw a shitfit to even get my parents to buy me a SNES.  Then by the time I was old enough to afford a Sega CD it was already too expensive.

I'm sure my experience is not unique.

I got a SegaCD about 15 years ago or so when I started collecting old videogames and picked up Lunar: The Silver Star shortly thereafter (what I still kick myself over to this day was at having a chance to purchase Shining Force CD from a used game shop like 12 years ago or something (for like 30$~40$ no less), but got distracted by the potential of getting one of those Valis games and ended up with neither; although I think as compensation, I went and grabbed Xenogears and Star Ocean: The Second Story and like two other games instead). Still no sign of Lunar: Eternal Blue though.

On a less :retrogames: note, I've been going back to FEWarriors. I'm almost at the point where I can finally unlock Celica and Lyn (and Male Corrin I guess).
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 12:58:33 PM »
I'm voting for World of Final Fantasy just to hear somebody have an actual take on this, even if our interests don't necessarily align that often.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10