Author Topic: Completion List 2018

ultra7k

• View Profile
Completion List 2018
« on: January 02, 2018, 07:09:15 PM »
Well, 2018 is upon us, and we might as well get a new thread started. Last year was a real down year for me personally gaming-wise, but maybe that will change this year.

To kick off the new year, I beat FFXII the Zodiac Age.

1.) FFXII - The Zodiac Age

I kind of regret making Ashe a BLM/Time Mage, but in the end she still kicked butt. Should have done Red Battle Mage/Black mage or something. Her DPS output was insane with spells. Oil>Firagra basically ended anything in close proximity. The Crossbow was also pretty lethal. Basch as a Knight/Monk with constant lure on him also made crowd control pretty easy...Had to swap in a white mage about 60% of the game as Ashe's Cure just wasn't cutting it, but oh well.

Overall, a pretty great game. Would like to spend more time with it, but alas, I have none to give.

Llamanator301

• View Profile
Re: Completion List 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 07:51:58 PM »
I've recently gotten back into gaming after a 4-6 year hiatus more or less. I'm currently wrapping up medical school and the remainder of this academic year should be pretty light, so I'm aiming to really catch up on my RPG backlog. Right now playing through Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and 2, and would like to get back into Bravely Default and Pokemon Sun on the 3DS.

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 08:21:51 PM »
.hack//gu 1-4. Does this count as 1 game or 4?

currently on Life is Strange: before the storm.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 11:53:10 AM »
Right now playing through Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and 2

Don't skip Xenoblade X.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Llamanator301

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 06:51:51 PM »
Right now playing through Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and 2

Don't skip Xenoblade X.

Unfortunately, I can't play Xenoblade X because I don't have a Wii U. :-(

I was under the impression they are all separate story wise though, so don't need to be played in succession.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 10:19:11 AM »
^ true, they don't, but Xenoblade X is one of the best RPGs I have ever played, so I think everyone should try it. :P
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 12:08:21 AM »
1) Wild Arms 2  - Bout 40 hours. Average character level: 45-ish. Overall, not bad. Definitely better, and more "epic" than the first game. However, the second half felt like a bit of a slog for me, with the 4 Diablo pillars, 4 ray points, and everything in between. Started to feel somewhat tedious towards the end.
Plot is decent... Interesting enough. A few interesting twists along the way. The inconsistent translation makes dialogue seem unclear and pretentious at times, though. Like the first game, the music is excellent.
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 01:08:22 AM »
1) Doom and Destiny -  stop #1 on my "Xbox360 Retirement Tour" was stupid and rote and most of the jokes were offensive.  Oh well. On to the next one.

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 08:42:30 AM »
1) Doom and Destiny -  stop #1 on my "Xbox360 Retirement Tour" was stupid and rote and most of the jokes were offensive.  Oh well. On to the next one.

2) Shank - Another XBLA game I blew right through.  I'm trying to retire my 360 so that means slogging through shitty, overly violent platformers like this one before I finally play Dark Souls.

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 05:47:06 PM »
1)Wild Arms 2

2) Pac Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 - A shameless and easy rip off of the Mario Galaxy games. Still, it's fun enough. Bought it for my son to play, but I ended up playing through it myself.
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 08:49:40 AM »
1) Wild Arms 2
2) Pac Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2

3) Mario Galaxy 2 – Done! …Well, pretty much done. The credits rolled, and I consider that a beaten game. I still have yet to check out “World S”, though. Looking forward to it, because it looks like there are some very interesting galaxies there. I ended up powering through World 6 yesterday. I had 72 power stars and 15(-ish) comet medals when said credits appeared.
All in all, a great Mario game. Lots of fun. The level designs are fantastic. I love that regular levels have an approachable, fun difficulty, but extra (prankster comet) levels can be annoyingly tough.

*I really wish I could play Mario 3D World. It looks so awesome, but I’m not going to drop money on a Wii U for it. They really need to port it to the Switch.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2018, 09:50:40 PM »

2) Shank - Another XBLA game I blew right through.  I'm trying to retire my 360 so that means slogging through shitty, overly violent platformers like this one before I finally play Dark Souls.

3) Half-Life 2 -  Chugging along through my stupid 360 backlog. This was a decent enough FPS.  I liked it more than Borderlands and Halo but still less than BioShock.  Though to be honest First Person Shooters tend to get tedious awfully quick.