Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #1110 on: February 09, 2018, 03:13:52 AM »
Did Tappa~Tappa~Tappa Emblem up to floor 40 wherein the remaining floors were unavailable. Kinda disappointing that you don't get any extra rewards for S-ranking stages or clearing the higher difficulty modes.

As for the Valentine's Day banner, I've pulled four times so far, the first two gave me a couple of my missing uncommons at 4 stars with Soleil and Sothe (still no Soren -_-; ), with no3 giving me an +Atk/-Spd Vlyn (kinda disappointing traits since her base Spd is hilariously fast, but doing more damage is a fair trade, plus she's not like Delthea where -Spd kneecaps her usefulness since she's still fast enough to clock in above the cutoff line for above average Spd (before Atk/Spd Bond), she's just easier to get clobbered by Flashing Blade Wing Sword Caeda). Pull 4 was a busta, but I've the pity rate and enough Orbs to hope for a Hector or a Lilina later on once I clean up my Barracks something fierce. Thankfully, due to the T_T's proximity to this Banner's release, there's a really good chance that I'm set for my 40% unit. Also, to noone's surprise, L'Arachel was the honorary Uncommon pull from the previous Banner.

Also finally refined that Slaying Edge+ for Fir, but now I need to decide whether to Evolve Eliwood's Durandal to Blazing or to save up 50 more units of Mountain Dew for one of the many other thirsty Prfs (I've got a Raven, Masked Marth and Michalis all ready to go and a Minerva, Takumi and Zephiel waiting for enough SP in the wings, not to mention a 4 star Marth, Caeda, Merric, Chrom and Felicia ready to promote to 5 stars and start down that warpath).

Also also, the new calendar is up and we've got an assload of new Summoning Focuses coming down the pipeline (I guess at least I can safely ignore the Falchion and New Power ones beyond the freebie pull since I'd rather burn the Feathers instead). Sucks that they're running the BHeB alongside the T_T but its not nearly as bad as running a VG alongside a T_T or t_t (which they thankfully aren't doing here).

It's nice to finally get a seasonal banner without a single Fateswakening character in sight, but I'm completely out of orbs (well, I have about 20 from the last few days, but not worth pulling with that obviously). Plus I'm not sure I'd pull on this banner even if I did have orbs. Well, Hector's being a manly man as usual, Lilina's cute as a button and it's nice to get Wada Sachiko as the artist for Lyn again (who doesn't do that thing Yamada Kotaro does in overemphasizing her boobs). Not quite seeing the relevance to Valentines or any other holiday of the month though. Was actually kinda hoping they'd do either a groom banner to balance out the brides banner from last year, or do something completely different and go for a Lunar New Year theme.

Every character in the banner is dressed like some kind of Victorian era Lord or Lady and is toting a bouquet and a box of chocolates (aside from Hector who said 'screw that' and brought his Axe). Also V-Day is less than a week away (and is no more tangential than Halloween Banner showing up on Halloween and lasting for almost all of November). Lunar New Year can be next year's Feb Seasonal.

Though I'm surprised none of the Falchions got a "ignore dragon buffs" effect on there somewhere.

Kinda hard to do that since Dragons' had only the one Buff prior to Myrrh's release wherein they now have half of the type specific ones.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: February 09, 2018, 06:21:03 AM »
Do you have Alm? Refined Alm is insane. At 100% he basically wields a Brave weapon with 16 might, and it works with Windsweep.

Did Tappa~Tappa~Tappa Emblem up to floor 40 wherein the remaining floors were unavailable. Kinda disappointing that you don't get any extra rewards for S-ranking stages or clearing the higher difficulty modes.

I'm glad I'm allowed to half-ass it for rewards. I came here for pocket-sized strategy, not the storebrand Theatre Rhythm.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 09, 2018, 10:08:52 PM »
Yeah, I don't have Alm yet, and he's by far the biggest reason to pull from the Falchion Banner for me, but my Echoes luck is ridiculous as I'm just short him, Grey and Faye to complete the set (and after them, I'd still need a 5 star Clair, Lukas and Whitewing Sisters to top them up from a F2P perspective). So I'm biding my time for him to pity break me.

Also, at 100% HP, Alm wields a 16 Mt Brave Weapon with HP loss as its drawback instead of a large bite out of his Spd, that heals him every other turn, and works with Windsweep.

Its better than Sigmund's forge which only provides a 16 Mt weapon with baked in Follow-up Ring at or above 90% HP and Hone Atk 3.

Busted up Lloyd's Infernal Missions for Infantry and Cavalry (2 down, 26 to go). My current Armor and Flier Emblems are in sad shape though as I've only recently obtained new members to update my ranks (Armor includes: BK, Zephiel, Slaying Axe Sheena, and Silver Lance Forge Effie; Fliers include Cordelia, Nowitch, Michalis and 4 star Palla). Its kinda inspiring me to focus on Forges and SI for these teams for now since my Infantry and Cavalry teams had most of their members sport a Forge of some kind and are well rounded colorwise.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 10, 2018, 03:14:12 AM »
I was able to clear all the missions for Lloyd myself. I think your armor emblem should be good enough for Lloyd because he's one of the easier GHBs. The armor team I used was basically identical to yours outside of having Christmas Robin instead of Zephiel. My flier emblem is kinda crappy overall but I have two really good units in Hinoka and Azura so they pretty much carried me through. Might have trouble on the harder GHBs though.

I'm short an almondboy myself, but I'm not in a hurry to get him given how many swords there are to use. The sweeping brave weapon is kind of a fun gimmick but I doubt that will place him above the stupidly broken swords like Ayra and Mia.

I'm expecting some kind of overhaul of the Voting Gauntlet when it comes around this time. It was nice to have a break from it for a while, and I don't think it was a coincidence it happened the same time they got our surveys. They probably got a lot of angry feedback about it. I do miss the free feathers and sacred coins it gave out though.

As for the 2 new hero banners, I'm relatively confident one of them will be Thracia, to go with that new GHB that runs alongside the return of Arvis. New Awakening characters is also possible since they actually haven't ever had a normal banner and I'm guess people really want Sumia or whatever.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 10, 2018, 08:56:03 AM »
I've been able to complete all the GHB quests so far. I'm really glad I got lucky with the seasonal units and have a very solid flier team now. Blarblade Corrin is amazing, Gronnraven Camilla takes care of all blue and colourless units, Palla is a very supportive tank and New Year's Azura ties it all together with her singing and Hone Fliers.

My usual all star team for cavalry is Xander, Reinhardt, BLyn and Elise, but I swap characters out depending on the situation.

For infantry I just send Takumi & Ninian and Klein & Olivia on a double date. Works every time.

Armour is... tricky. For Lloyd I went with my usual: Black Knight, Hector, Effie and Halloween Jakob. That was mostly baiting and swapping. Michalis was a bigger challenge. I ended up with Black Knight, Sheena, Draug and Arden.

I send up Black Knight equipped with Close Def up to the right, supported by: 1x Fortify Armor (+6), 2x Drive Def (+6) and 1x Ward Armor (+4), bringing his total defence to 35 + 6 (Steady Stance) + 22 (spurs and buffs) = 63. Then he sat there and killed stuff. Sheena took care of that annoying blue guy with the Heavy Spear+.

Maxximum

• RPGFan Editor
  • Fills you with determiantion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: February 10, 2018, 09:01:16 AM »
Well, they finally did it. There's now enough Lyndis variants to make a whole team.
NOW PLAYING:
I can't tell you

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: February 10, 2018, 09:27:21 PM »
Well, they finally did it. There's now enough Lyndis variants to make a whole team.

Lucina beat her to the punch, but at least no Nohrian Scum will take Second Place now. Here's hoping Chrom or Tiki takes third.

Anyways, busted up Michalis with Infantry and Armor Emblems so far (I also ninja'd in an Armor victory over Lloyd yesterday night), so that leaves Flier and Cavalry Emblems to run through. Tactics were a bit weird for this one as Armor Emblem requires a bunch of shuffling while Infantry Emblem had everyone facetank something to keep enemies from dogpiling any one character not named Tiki. I'm holding off on the other two teams for now since I'm cleaning house on a bunch of low level stuffs.

I guess I should describe my teams while I'm here:
Infantry Team:
Bridelia (+HP/-Spd, Cupid Arrow+, Rally Atk/Spd, Dragon Gaze, Warding Blow 1, Escape Route 3, Breath of Life 3, Atk 3 Seal, A rank support with Cordelia)
Sanaki (+HP/-Spd, Flier Atk/Res Bond Cymbeline forge, Harsh Command, Iceberg, Triangle Adept 3, G. Tomebreaker 3, Hone Atk 3)
Summer Tiki (+Res/-Def, +Def Melon Crusher+ forge, Reposition, Sol, Close Def 3, Seal Atk 3, Axe Valor 3)
Ephraim (+Atk/-HP, Follow-up Sigmund forge, Drawback, Moonblow, Res+2, Seal Def 3, Threaten Def 3, Hone Def 3 Seal, C rank support with Eirika 1)

Cavalry Team:
Frederick (+Atk/-Res, +Def Slaying Hammer+ forge, Drawback, Luna, Fury 2, Wings of Mercy 3, Fortify Cavalry, Squad Ace B 1 Seal)
Broy (+Def/-Spd, Blazing Durandal, Pivot, Galeforce, Steady Blow 2, Desperation 3, Hone Cavalry, Savage Blow 3 Seal)
Camus (Neutral, Gradivus, Swap, Growing Thunder, Grani's Shield, Vantage 2, Goad Cavalry, Quickened Pulse Seal, S rank support with Cecilia)
Cecilia (Neutral, Gronnraven+, Reposition, Glimmer, Triangle Adept 2, Bowbreaker 2, Hone Cavalry, S rank support with Camus, S rank Summoner support).

Armor Team:
Effie (+Atk/-Res, +Def Silver Lance+ forge, Smite, Buckler, Deathblow 3, Wary Fighter 3, Hone Armor, S rank support with Zephiel)
Sheena (+Def/-Res, Slaying Axe+, Reposition, Escutcheon, Svalinn Shield, Renewal 1, Fortify Armor)
Black Knight (Neutral, Alondite, Swap, Black Luna, Steady Stance 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Fortify Armor)
Zephiel (Neutral, Eckesachs, Swap, Reprisal, Life and Death 3, Wary Fighter 3, Ward Armor, S rank support with Effie)

Flier Team:
4 star Palla (+Res/-HP, Ruby Sword, Reposition, Moonblow, ---, Wings of Mercy 2, Goad Fliers, Quick Riposte 2 Seal)
Michalis (Neutral, Hauteclere, Pivot, Blazing Thunder, Iote's Shield, Axebreaker 2, Threaten Def 3, Distant Def 3 Seal)
+1 Cordelia (+Atk/-HP, Brave Lance+, Swap, Galeforce, Triangle Adept 3, Pass 3, Fortify Fliers, A rank support with Bridelia)
Nowitch (+Def/-Atk, Grimoire, Reposition, Retribution, Atk/Res Bond 3, Live for Bounty, Hone Fliers, Spur Def 1 Seal)

Looking at what I've got in my collection. I have basically all of the Armors (minus Zelgius and a couple seasonals), but most are still untrained due to Armors being miserable to train up (or are Arden). Meanwhile, my Flier collection is basically already on display. I only just finished training up Valter and Minerva to 5 star 40 and still need SI and SP to get going, Camilla's gotten long in the tooth due to being a mixed hybrid tank without enough stats to do anything well (and can't damage shit to boot), Airzura's still untrained, Narcian's now 5 star but is back to being untrained; Est, Clair, Beruka, Florina and Caeda are 4 star 40, and the rest are either 4 or 3 stars but are not Level 40 yet.

Also up to Floor 31~35 in Expert Hard Theatre Emblem (Fire Rhythm?) because why not. It's enough of a palette cleanser to want to run every so often, and as long as they don't strongarm players into running the higher difficulties, I won't mind it sticking around.

Edit: Seasonal banners continue to be mean to me. Rounds 4 & 5 were total wastelands and round 6 ended with a pity breaking Ephraim (admittedly, I could've done a whole lot worse than a +1 to a frequently used unit).
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 11:04:19 PM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: February 12, 2018, 07:28:41 AM »
Well, since we're back to 40% bonus units being barred behind 5* exclusives I went ahead and wasted all the orbs I had saved up to this point trying for one. Got pity broke by Soleil at one point (+RES, -HP), which I guess isn't that bad since even though she's available at 4*, I now have a free Firesweep sword to give out. Got all the way down to my last orb before I pulled the seasonal Lilina (+RES, -DEF). Might've preferred Hector, but I guess he evades me even as a seasonal.

Didn't get much else, the game seems to really love giving me units available at 3* as my 4* pulls which is getting pretty annoying. Wouldn't mind so much if I was getting some Palla, Hinatas or Reposition farms but the game keeps giving me Gaius and Bartre. I did pull my first Oscar though, so there was that.

Anyway, since I have Klein, Ninian and Clarine as well, I can run a full bonus team again. Even though I said I wouldn't do it again, I actually placed top 1000 in the last mini TT as well, but in my defense I barely actually played it the second time around. I'm still sitting on 300 stamina potions after that so I might just keep doing it if only because it's not like there's anything else to do with the things (and there probably never will be so the game can stay newbie-friendly).

So far with the GHBs, I was able to complete all the quests for Lloyd, Michalis and Xander, but I've hit a snag today on trying to clear Narcian with Armors. It really seems like it's impossible without having at least one ranged armor (which are all seasonal because fuck you) or having distant counter slapped onto everyone, which is just as likely. One run I was able to get it down all to just one archer left over but with no way to heal all my units are worn down at the end. There's no hurry to complete these year-long quests but it's still pretty annoying they throw it at us when there hasn't been a new armor unit in the normal pool for a long while now, let alone a ranged one, and one who could drop to 4* is a pipe dream.

I've also cut it really close with my flier emblem team, which is easily my weakest team. I lack a good red flier or any ranged fliers and the lack of Palla or Caeda in my pulls isn't helping with the former. Only reason 4* Palla is serviceable for me is because nothing's running around with Cancel Affinity yet. With Narcian I spent a bunch of the time just abusing the mountain range and I imagine if you really wanted to you could put Renewal on everyone and just cheese it slowly. I just used it to isolate and kill units though.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: February 12, 2018, 07:43:13 AM »
I can't seem to be Narcian with Armour Emblem either. Halloween Jakob was able to succesfully block the stream of units for a turn, but after that they were all overwhelmed. I kinda doubt this is doable without a 1-2 range blue armour.

Oh well.

Let's stop and appreciate the little things in FEH life for a bit, like this sort of Valentine's themed set of Arena bonus units. It's obvious which gears in my head are turning, isn't it?

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: February 12, 2018, 11:37:47 PM »
I've kinda backburner'd the Elite Four/Seven/GHeB for now in favor of getting more time sensitive stuff done like the Developer's Challenges (just cleared the Manakete one finally, took some serious Aura shenanigans, Axzura and Masked Marth to do the deed), Daily Maps, Grind Maps and Story/Paralogue Maps (okay, so the last two aren't time sensitive, but its nice to run them with level appropriate goons instead of Level 40ers). Of course the T_T starts Wednesday so Stamina is going to be scarce.

On that note, my T_T loadout will likely be Booklyn (goddammit) plus a bunch of solid support units like Amelia for Armor March and Green coverage, Airzura for Singin' in the Air and Clarine for healing. Klein's already a part of my secondary team so he'll help clean up actually be useful for something other than being a ghetto makeshift combat medic and Hardwood (funny, but just not as clever as Booklyn) will get added as the situation/grinding opportunities demand (also the T_T banner sucks, Ninian's great, but Klein's fallen off a bit and Clarine's only value is in saving you 20k feathers).

And of course I fuck up once again and forget to run today's AA for those 100 feathers. Its not so much the act of making a mistake so much as its the act of repeatedly making the same one because they fucking shut it down at 5PM which is right as I get home from work (on a good day), so I've missed out on at least 700 Feathers by now just from this.

There's no hurry to complete these year-long quests but it's still pretty annoying they throw it at us when there hasn't been a new armor unit in the normal pool for a long while now, let alone a ranged one, and one who could drop to 4* is a pipe dream.

I've also cut it really close with my flier emblem team, which is easily my weakest team. I lack a good red flier or any ranged fliers and the lack of Palla or Caeda in my pulls isn't helping with the former. Only reason 4* Palla is serviceable for me is because nothing's running around with Cancel Affinity yet. With Narcian I spent a bunch of the time just abusing the mountain range and I imagine if you really wanted to you could put Renewal on everyone and just cheese it slowly. I just used it to isolate and kill units though.

The most recent addition to the Armor pool was Zelgius a month ago and is basically BK Custom.

The problem of course is that there are only 7 Armors in the common draw pool (far better than the 5 the game started with) of the 18 now in the game. Granted, Zephiel and Black Knight are GHeBs while Arden was a T_T reward character with Hardwood now following suite, but that's still only Reds and a Blue which are the two easiest colors to pull thanks to Draug and Gwendolyn and are mostly limited or not terribly impressive. For Green, Sheena's kinda hard to get and yet is the easiest Green Armor to obtain and is kinda bad without good traits, 5 stars, some SI and forging her crappy Killer Axe to get up to speed, and Seasonal Jakob is so far the only Colorless Armor (such as he is).

Also I managed to clear Narcian with my Flier team anyways because it is indeed hella easy to abuse the AI with mountains and Reposition shenanigans.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 01:14:26 AM by Aeolus »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: February 13, 2018, 03:42:37 AM »
My goal was to pull for fancy valentine heroes without my orb stash going below 300 and I just got a Book Lyn! And my second ever Jeorge! He's just a four star, but he is not -atk or -spd, so I'm considering building him up to 5 stars and eventually upgrading his weapon. That'll have to wait, though. I have less than 10,000 feathers because I keep promoting whatever unit is useful/cool. I have 80 unique 5 stars (and only 151 different units!). However, my orb stash is at 306 again, so all is well.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: February 13, 2018, 07:27:58 AM »
I would like to 5* a bigger variety of units, but I've spent the bulk of my feathers merging things and I still only have like one eighth of a merged armor team. I feel like I should start 5*ing some units without Prf weapons though, because I actually have nothing to really spend my pop rocks on but lots of units that would like their Prfs upgraded.

I'm having trouble choosing someone with the whole "giving Prfs to old units" precedence being set (most notably Infantry Lilina seems like someone who will get that treatment at some point). Plus anybody with a Blade/Raventome or a Gem weapon would need an extra 5* promoted so they can get a different weapon.

While I mull over that I did manage to beat Narcian with a team of only melee armors. It required me to put Wings of Mercy back on Black Knight for some shenanigans. Also if I didn't just happen to have an armor march available it wouldn't have worked either. At least today was a nice break since Navarre is a pushover.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 13, 2018, 09:51:32 AM »
I did manage to beat Narcian with a team of only melee armors. It required me to put Wings of Mercy back on Black Knight for some shenanigans. Also if I didn't just happen to have an armor march available it wouldn't have worked either.

What was your strategy? I assume you had one unit facetank the first batch to aggro them, then retreated (using Armor March?) and had Black Knight jump in to protect the original bait from further harm. I'm just not quite sure in what order and who was your bait...

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: February 14, 2018, 02:40:42 AM »
Navarre is a pushover.

Indeed. I've already cleared him totally. Armor Emblem took the most effort due to that Blue Manakete. Once I was able to drop him, the rest fell into place. Infantry Emblem waxed Navarre's ass in one go, while Flier and Cavalry Emblem was focused on how to best leverage Galeforce shenanigans.

Anyways, the T_T is now up and the Seals this time are Threaten Atk, Fortress Res :thunk: and Armored Boots (the most legendarily devastatingly powerful item in all of Fire Emblem, a pair of boots). Yet another bone thrown to Armors (I haven't the Sacred Coins to keep up with all these SSs).

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 14, 2018, 06:16:00 AM »
Yeah, the seals are pretty disappointing this time around, but Fortress Res is okay. The boots are also okay but not working under 100% means ranged enemies are still a pain, which is the main reason being locked to 1 space movement is so awful to begin with.

I did manage to beat Narcian with a team of only melee armors. It required me to put Wings of Mercy back on Black Knight for some shenanigans. Also if I didn't just happen to have an armor march available it wouldn't have worked either.

What was your strategy? I assume you had one unit facetank the first batch to aggro them, then retreated (using Armor March?) and had Black Knight jump in to protect the original bait from further harm. I'm just not quite sure in what order and who was your bait...

Would need to wait till next week to remember the exact steps, but I used BK+1, Effie+5, Sheena and Winter Robin. I imagine with a Free Eliwood being handed out he can be used somewhere in there too. I used Robin to bait the first attacks, with Sheena giving him Ward Armor, but I imagine any Lance Armor can work as long as you can avoid doubles from the Blue Cavalry. The important thing is to take out at least half of the Red Infantry life (unless you'll have a special charged by next enemy phase). Narcian should've also moved down.

Second turn Robin and Sheena move down two spaces, BK gets Hone Armor from Effie so he can bait Narcian and 2HKO him on enemy phase. Robin also kills the Red Infantry.

Third turn the Green and Bow Cavalries should be closing in so you move everyone out of the way except BK to bait them on enemy phase. BK Kills the Bow cavalry with Black Luna and the Green Cavalry by casting fist. BK should've taken basically no damage from Narcian so he can avoid Panic Ploy from the Green Cavalry.

After that is where WoM comes into play so everyone can stand right outside the range of the incoming Blue Cavalry and Bow Infantry. Next turn either kill the Blue Cavalry, or damage him while jamming up their movement so only one will attack you on enemy phase. After that it should be simple, but I did cut it pretty close so I don't know how much variation in stats the strategy allows.

Anyway after feeling good about solving that one, I got stuck again today on trying to beat Robin with Fliers. Don't think I can get out of this one without promoting my crappy Palla, and I think I'll hold on that since I have the whole year to try to get a Caeda who doesn't suck.