Author Topic: Ys VIII

The Legendary Zoltan

• Narcissistic Legend
    • View Profile
    • The Legendary Zoltan's Official Site
How's the soundtrack?
« Reply #180 on: January 08, 2018, 12:39:35 AM »
Is it all heavy metal? I want Ys Metal!
Valkyrie Profile Death Metal Album by the Legendary Zoltan. Coming Soon!

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Ys VIII
« Reply #181 on: January 21, 2018, 10:23:04 PM »
It looks like NISA's efforts to bring this game over to PC is still an epic fail.  I find myself utterly unsurprised.  What does have me concerned is how the game is delayed indefinitely.  That there's no window at all for a release is more than a little ominous.

Under no circumstances should Quentin Tarantino be allowed to befoul Star Trek.
In Memoriam:  Star Trek 1966 - 2017 RIP

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 21, 2018, 10:58:04 PM »
On the plus side, I'm sure they will reconsider using XSEED next time instead of NISA.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 11:00:07 PM by Annubis »

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 22, 2018, 12:09:39 PM »
On the plus side, I'm sure they will reconsider using XSEED next time instead of NISA.

If there is justice in the world, yes.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 22, 2018, 07:49:26 PM »
If NIS America is willing to pay them more money to localize their games, then Falcom will likely not switch.  After all, the market they're concerned about is Japan.  They don't seem to care much for the wider market.

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 30, 2018, 09:10:01 PM »
So I just read the article announcing the release of the new translation patch.  I won't lie, a part of the article annoyed me.  The part in particular that I take issue with is the referencing of the original translation as abysmal.  While it certainly wasn't a good effort, to call it abysmal is definitely an exaggeration and one I find inappropriate.

It's merely mediocre, not abysmal.   Moreover, the original voice over work was relatively solid, which mitigated some of the issues with the original translation.  Again, I'm not a fan of the original translation.  I think it was definitely substandard and by all indications, the new localization is a definite improvement.  Still calling it abysmal (when there have been far worse efforts published before) is unfair to NIS America.

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2018, 08:32:01 AM »
^ Sensationalism.

<---Catastrophic
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 31, 2018, 09:10:23 AM »
This crap again?

I would say this qualifies as abysmal, but I think they'd prefer if I call it "big holey".  Right up there with All Your Base.  Probably the worst localization I have seen in over a decade.  To pretend this qualifies as "mediocre" is not only inaccurate, but unfair to EVERY localization team out there busting their humps to try and actually do a decent job.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons