Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Octopath Traveler
« Last post by Agent D. on Today at 03:31:58 PM »
I'm going with my gut on this and skipping.
I might start Trails in the sky 1.
I was playing that before jumping to octopath. Octopath is vastly more fun, but tits may have better story so far....I'm too early to call it yet. I only have primrose and olberic, both have coolish story starts but idk where they'll go to.
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Electricb7 on Today at 02:09:22 PM »
Work is bumming me out.
My car finally craped out so I got a newer used car. Thats bill every month that will make sure I stay at my crappy job for 3 years.
I always come home so tired I dont want to draw or play games.
Rash on my lower back!
« Last post by Electricb7 on Today at 01:53:25 PM »
I'm going with my gut on this and skipping.
I might start Trails in the sky 1.
« Last post by Agent D. on Today at 01:22:28 PM »
Finally started last night after several hiccups along the way. Picked Primrose because she's hot....damn her story is fucked up. So far my only complaint is the annoying battle dialogue. She must have said "I am ready" about 200 times last night. Every friggin round she wasn't debilitated or low health she said it, and let's be fair it's not often either of those are likely. Minor grievance really. I don't dislike the graphical style, but considering the types of characters so far a part of me really wishes this had been done in a more contemporary 3d style. I mean I just got Olberic and he's supposed to be some hulking knight....and he's the same size as Primrose. It takes away from the feel a little bit. Also the voice acting thus far is pretty on point, but I've never been a fan of the logic of having a voice say something like "Um" but the dialogue clearly states a long worded question. Always found that lazy or silly. Nothing to shit on the game about specifically, as the gameplay so far has been pretty fantastic. The combat is fairly interesting while being simple, and much like Aeolus, I find myself abusing the bewildering dance for jp and exp bonuses. I don't think this will be my favorite rpg, but it's pretty damn good so far.
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 01:03:55 PM »
This +_+ is pretty easy thanks to Flier Emblem + MM healbot, but autobattle pretty much sucks if for no other reason than those Ice stages and how EP oriented they are.

Meanwhile, in 30 Orbs, I've since added Noire and the other Young Tiki to my roster (+Atk/-Res and +HP/-Atk respectfully; too bad Y!Tiki has nothing worth foddering for). I'm now good on June's Summer banner, but I still want at least one more July Summer seasonal.
« Last post by Tomara on Today at 03:29:31 AM »
It's okay, because...

Takumi-update:

I got a Takumi! And the most adorable Tiki was in the same circle!
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 02:17:53 AM »
I'm sorry Tomara, but I've been stealing your luck.

I dropped 9 orbs from my last update and now have ASS Tiki (+Def/-Res, she'll be facetanking Falchion users all goddamn day with her 38 base Def before her Atk/Def Bond and possible sources of Buffs). A 4 star Tharja was the 5 orb expense. In the last 74 Orbs, I've picked up six 5 star units, and its frankly getting kinda screwy (at least it wasn't my sixth pitybreaker in a row).

Also it occurs to me that this +_+ is rather bereft of Green bonus units with a 3, 2, 0, 3 spread over the R/B/G/C spectrum.
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 11:36:09 PM »
Welp. Got my first game over thanks to Primrose's random dance ability rolling first the "reduce your entire party's HP to 1" effect followed by the "blow the party up" effect. JP x 10/Exp x 5 is still worth the potential self-owning (love to pull an Exp x 5 on a Cait battle :holy:).

Other things of interest:

Had H'aanit beat up a dude above her weight class (six star thingies) thanks to some choice picks with monsters and stacking Evade like mad.

Started a party train of six people thanks to having both Ophelia and Primrose in the party.

Captured a Cait (no idea what exactly it does, but the fucker was worth mad Exp, so I'm keeping it and hopefully there will be a quest down the road that requires it).

:vibratingTressa.gif:

Found some Chapter 1.5 dungeons while doing the circuit.

Finished spelling Octopath (albeit as Ohtactop).

I'm hoping there will be some kind of fast travel in the near future.
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Greganox on Yesterday at 07:48:53 PM »
Played paintball for the first time as part of a friend's birthday. It was a lot of fun.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: A JRPG About BOOBS!
« Last post by Grainofariver on Yesterday at 05:10:20 PM »
And I *still* think censorship alarmism is a bit of a straw man argument.  As I said earlier, gratuitous sex and violence in video games will always be there.  So we get gaming news every so often that a few naughty games were toned down or denied localization.  Big deal.  There is plenty of unadulterated stuff out there to scratch whatever bizarre fetish itch you may have.
Sorry, but I can't agree with this argument. To me it smacks of over-generalisation and can be too easily abused.

Why bother localising Zero/Ao no Kiseki? We already have plenty of JRPGS.
Why bother making that Anthem game? We already have plenty of shooters.
Remember PT? Don't worry about it friend: you know how many horror games there are?
(Heck, why even bother making any video games when there's so dang many that most people have a backlog of things that they will never get to?)

I think almost everything has something to offer. Even if it might not appeal to me, people who can get something out of it have that right as long as its not hurting anybody. I mean, I didn't care for Cannibal Corpse when I listened to metal, but wouldn't it frustrate you if their music WAS banned and my response was, "Eh, who cares: metal will always be there. Big deal. There's plenty of stuff to scratch that itch."? To put it another way, I live in Arizona, so we have a lot of Mexican restaurants. But each one is a little different: some have killer chimis, some have awesome tacos, others have some great enchiladas... Sure if one closes you can say, 'don't worry about it, there's plenty of Mexican restaurants' and not be wrong. That won't stop me from lamenting the loss of the unnamed hole-in-the-wall that had the best Carne Asada I've ever had.

The other problem I have with that argument is (and one I frequently see all the time in these debates): if it's not a big deal, why change it to begin with?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10