Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Tomara

• View Profile
Re: Whats the haps?
« Reply #19920 on: October 20, 2017, 07:49:23 AM »
Not a fan either. Coffee flavoured candy is fine, but it's not the type of flavour I like to drink.

Cute(?) change of topic: the rabbit I adopted it a little obsessed with me. She likes to follow me around, tries to groom me and so on. She's been like that for months. But now her obsessions seems to have evolved. She normally doesn't like it very much when I pet my other rabbit and her reaction to that is sitting to the side and looking cute so I'll pet her too, but just now she used bodyslam and it was super effective. Don't worry, the other rabbit wasn't hurt. He just looked a little confused and then went back to his 'Let's all be friends :D' routine. He's a lovable idiot.

tl;dr one of my rabbits is a yandere.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19921 on: October 20, 2017, 09:33:28 AM »
Man, I used to love pumpkin seeds, but I ate too many of the pre-packaged kind, and out of season, and just got so burnt out on them that I can't stand them anymore.  I would probably love fresh roasted seeds straight from the pumpkin, still, though.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I woke up with AWFUL acid reflux/heartburn after having more coffee than I usually have, so I think I might be a bit sensitive to caffeine, too.  I have always made efforts to moderate my coffee intake, but it looks like I need to be even more careful.

@Rucks - I think it's good to be passionate about things and to have strong opinions.  And I think it's good to express those opinions.  But have you found that most people tend to not enjoy being judged on the basis of your opinions?  Striking the right balance in expressing your beliefs is tough, at least in my experience.  Especially since I, too, have beliefs that many might consider "extreme".  And sometimes you can express something completely neutrally and some people will still overreact and assume you are judging them.  All this communication we have seems to make communicating more difficult.  And nobody is taught how to control their emotions anymore, either, which makes dialogue difficult to maintain.  It's sad (in my opinion).
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #19922 on: October 20, 2017, 04:17:18 PM »
And nobody is taught how to control their emotions anymore, either, which makes dialogue difficult to maintain.  It's sad (in my opinion).

Anymore? Was this ever taught?

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19923 on: October 20, 2017, 05:07:37 PM »
And nobody is taught how to control their emotions anymore, either, which makes dialogue difficult to maintain.  It's sad (in my opinion).

Anymore? Was this ever taught?

Sort of.  By some generations.  At least moreso than now.  If my Jane Austen novels are to be believed, at least.

Yeah, I'm guessing emotional self-control has been a toughy since the dawn of humanity.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19924 on: October 20, 2017, 07:46:46 PM »
Jane Austen novels show more the repression of emotions during the Regency era rather than controlling them, but i guess that's semantics also I'm drunk hi.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19925 on: October 20, 2017, 08:32:15 PM »
^on pumpkin spice bailey no doubt

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "glad I don't have the bloops"

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19926 on: October 20, 2017, 08:52:13 PM »
bubblegum cosmos and diet coke and rum baby. It was my friend Jordans birthday and we were all out at the gay bar.

i made him this cake

Dincrest

• Bollywood Punk
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Educated Fool
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #19927 on: October 21, 2017, 06:58:46 AM »
Self-regulation ( the ability to monitor and control our own behavior, emotions, or thoughts, altering them in accordance with the demands of the situation) is something I find myself often trying to teach/instill in my special needs students.  A lot of behaviors that are "normal/typical" for us have to be taught to those students, especially how to appropriately express negative emotions.  This can definitely be challenging for someone with a traumatic brain injury that seriously damaged the portion of the part of the brain that instills our self-regulatory functions. 

On the other hand, some of the behaviors I see are a more extreme version of typical.  For example, with autistic students, stimulating behaviors ("stimming") like rocking back and forth or flapping their arms looks off-kilter to us, but we neurotypical folks have to remember that we stim too, be it spinning pencils, twirling our hair, stroking our chins/beards, stuff like that. 
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends."
     -Schmendrick (The Last Unicorn)

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #19928 on: October 21, 2017, 05:18:18 PM »
HAPS! ACTUAL HAPS!

Went out today and bought a laptop. My very first one! (Yes I am behind the times thank you for pointing that out)
$1500 Lenovo 720, and it's about twice as powerful/fast as the desktop I'm currently using (Yes I am behind the times etc). And since I was already spending $1800 with the warranty, I went ahead and picked up FE Warriors as well. Looking forward to trying that out as soon as I finish typing this.

So... not much haps, but haps all the same.

Aurian

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19929 on: October 21, 2017, 10:01:01 PM »
I thought I was the only person in the entire universe who doesn't like coffee.

It gives me terrible heartburns... so yeah... I haven't drank it in years.

I just think it is gross. Give me pumpkin spice tea latte!

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19930 on: October 22, 2017, 05:38:37 PM »
Just got hit by a car on my bike. I'm fine...

Bike's not.

TASTY!

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19931 on: October 22, 2017, 05:41:53 PM »
oh no :( I'm glad you're okay at least.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #19932 on: October 22, 2017, 05:51:57 PM »
Just got hit by a car on my bike. I'm fine...

Bike's not.

D is strong...
D is tough...

Have you perchance ever watched the movie Unbreakable?

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19933 on: October 22, 2017, 06:13:19 PM »
I hate hearing stories of cyclists getting hit. It's FAR too common unfortunately. Really really really glad you're alright D. 

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "glad I don't have the bloops"

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19934 on: October 22, 2017, 06:38:05 PM »
Whole back wheel is bent and fucked up, frame may be damaged. The asshole was pulling out of a Walgreens and I had space to pass him since LEGALLY he's supposed to stop before he pulls out (I was on the curb, I know, not supposed to be). As I get half past him, he starts moving again and before I have time to move he runs into me, taking out the wheel and knocking my bike out from under me. Scratches on my right leg from the bike getting knocked around, and my knee feels wobbly but that could be from nerves and adrenaline, nothing hurts though.

As I'm cursing about getting hit, he gets out of his car and gives me shit for being on the sidewalk. I told him get away from me before I put his head through his windshield. His wife kept asking if I was ok and I said I'm fucking furious, your husband needs to get away from before I hurt him. He then drives off, never asking if I'm ok or about the damage he inflicted on me or my bike.

I'm so over today...

TASTY!