Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Also minor thing, but is it possible to change the way streams are announced? Even if I mute the channel it will still give me notifications because the function ignores anything that mentions you specifically, and apparently that includes the @Everyone.
Right-click on RPGFan server icon -> click "Notification Settings"
Turn on "Suppress @everyone and @here".

Does this do what you want?
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Tomara on Today at 07:18:20 AM »
Got my 5 star NYCorrin and he wants all of Leons skills and he wants them badly. Seriously, it's as if he was designed to clear out a Leon or two Leon from your barracks. Dunno if I want to go that far. I like Leon better than Corrin.
One downside of Discord is that if you're busy on a day everyone happens to have a good conversation, you can't make that perfect quip you've been saving up hours later like on the boards.

Also minor thing, but is it possible to change the way streams are announced? Even if I mute the channel it will still give me notifications because the function ignores anything that mentions you specifically, and apparently that includes the @Everyone.
« Last post by Hathen on Today at 06:53:00 AM »
I've been playing around with Alfonse with Brashperation ever since I upgraded the seal, and it's nice to have him at least pull his weight as well as Sharena or Anna when he comes up in Arena, instead of just being a score stick. The only annoying thing is like how with so many other seals, there's like 5 other common units who have it as their only viable build and only one of them can use it at once.

And yeah, Corrin is probably the weakest of the New Years units. He's basically just a +DEF Leon with a crappier bow. I might just eat that 4* copy of him for that shiny Spur DEF/RES though, it'd probably fit in nicely on the Mae/Boey tag team I'm thinking of making.

I really don't care about optimum builds that much since I don't whale for that kind of nonsense (or at all for that matter). Besides, the real reason is to have another Dragon to throw at those fucking AA Bowlins because two isn't enough.

Oh yeah, I hear you on that. Lucky enough to have one BIke here and I'm not going to sacrifice him. The annoying thing is that so many of the tanky builds people come up with basically require Steady Breath to work properly. But apparently Adult Tiki's statline is basically right on that line to make her a perfect Ballin' counter if that's all you want her to do. If you go -HP +ATK all you'll need is DEF+ Lightning Breath, DEF+3 from Stahl and QR1 to make her survive and kill basically any Lyn. I plugged in the numbers and apparently it still works on a Honed +10 BLyn as long as she's not +ATK, and that's assuming Tiki's getting no buffs of her own. Guess I should upgrade her and Fae and make my own Dragon Emblem.

EDIT: Also apparently Quick Riposte stacks with itself, meaning Hector can run Wary Fighter with the seal and have essentially everything-breaker if you try to attack him. That'll be fun.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: RPG Fan Decides My Next Game
« Last post by Ranadiel on Today at 06:16:12 AM »
I voted Cold Steel because it is my favorite among the options. I do wish I could have also voted for Rune Factory 4 though because it is sad that it has less votes than Star Ocean 4. :(

I HATED Bravely Default. I bought it on launch day but I should have known. I never really liked the FFesque job system except in FFX-2 and FFT (some people do, personal taste). Grinding is rarely ever fun anymore especially w/ a battle system that IMO wasn't fun. Plus the characters were annoying. Graphics were good tho, and I did sell it on amazon for a miniscule profit. So there is that and according to reviews its seems like I'm in the minority thinking that its lousy.
Oh thank god, someone else that dislikes Bravely Default. I'm not the only one!
« Last post by Mickeymac92 on Today at 03:44:49 AM »
I know you guys are joking around, but damn...I liked both Star Ocean 4 and Bravely Default. Kinda weird for me to see people shooing others away from them, especially when it's already clear that they showed enough interest to buy them in the first place. At some point, you just gotta try to get some value outta what you bought...and that's if he winds up sharing your opinions of them.

How did you not cringe to death watching THIS ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNauq6_9iP0

Because I turned off her voice acting the first chance I had.
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Klyde Chroma on Today at 03:32:24 AM »
@Mickeymac92 -- All I gotta say is Tekken 7 is awesome. Although I am not gonna defend the bowling. I mean, I can't even bowl as my mondo-awesome klyde-lee kustimization.. What the hell is that about? Oh and I wish I didn't suck so bad at fighting games.... there is that too.

@Rook -- I share in your sentiments. The thing about FF/Chrono remakes and ol' JRPG's of yesteryear is quite simply I've been spoiled by modern convention. Games have just gotten TOO good for me to find appreciation for much beyond the art and music of older titles. The charm may still be there but it isn't enough for me to ignore what I COULD be playing nowadays.

Or that one Genesis game that came out a few years back that was basically an indie devs' Deviant Art OC adventures through Godwin's notes and was sexually predatory enough to sound like it came from a big time Hollywood movie exec (and also littered with mismatched assets stolen from wherever the devs could nick them from).

That made me "Lol"... Thank you Aeolus.

« Last post by Tomara on Today at 03:22:56 AM »
I really recommend Adult Tiki. I raised one of the weapon upgrades became available, and now she's one of my favourite Lyn counters.

I'm really loving this t_t. Good rewards coming in at a good pace, maps that aren't terrible, a boss that puts up a fight (unlike the last one), several easily available bonus units, and holy shit, Alfonse is great when on bonus steroids! Mine has Desperation and Brash Assault, and once his HP reaches critical levels, everything dies. His def is pretty awesome too.
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Mickeymac92 on Today at 03:12:04 AM »
Or that one Genesis game that came out a few years back that was basically an indie devs' Deviant Art OC adventures through Godwin's notes and was sexually predatory enough to sound like it came from a big time Hollywood movie exec (and also littered with mismatched assets stolen from wherever the devs could nick them from).

Are you talking about Pier Solar and the Great Architects? Because that...doesn't sound like it, but it's the only recent Genesis RPG I know of...
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 11:48:02 PM »
@Frostillicus - yes.  Yes I am.  And you'll notice SO4 has 1 vote, while all-time classics Finding Paradise and Rune Factory 4 have none. :P

@Lian_Kazairl - I bought the entire Mass Effect trilogy for $5 I think summer of last year.  But I played ME1 on 360 ages ago, so I'm actually excited to play through it again on PS3 all the way to its divisive conclusion.

@Aeolus - have you not played WoFF?

No, but I have played Rune Factory 4. Its a good-ish game and a far cry above RFs 1 & 2. Your mileage will vary though depending on how much the RNG likes you (I'll give you the rest of the trip report if and when the RNG likes me enough to let me beat the game).

As for WooFF, I kinda moved on from the FF Franchise back during the early parts of the FFXIII trilogy decade (when it became painfully obvious on just how blatantly Squeenix started cashing in on my nostalgia). I still haven't played Explorers, All the Bravest, FFIV: The Wonder Years, Dissidia, Alltherythym, Record Keeper, My Life as a King/Darklord, etc.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10