Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Tomara on Today at 02:48:48 AM »
No... not another Lyn alt... Atleast wait atleast 6+ months before introducing a new one, IntSys...

I wanted Alm. Or Marth, he deserves it. Heck, Eliwood would have been more fair. (And pure fanservice for me would have been a green bow Kinshi Knight Takumi.)

She does look like a good unit though. She'll have good synergy with some of the people on my current Wind team (if I manage to get one).

Anyway, my current haves list for the upcoming Legendary Banner:

Red: 2/3
Green: 1/3
Colourless: 3/3
Blue: 0/3

Not ideal, so I'll probably throw ~50 orbs at green and blue, and call it a day.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Things you can't bear in a JRPG
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 12:27:03 AM »
Grinding DLC that's actually not very good for grinding in (actually most DLC but that's neither here or there).
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 12:23:09 AM »
Unless they start having quests asking for S-ranks, clearing the quests shouldn't be too big of an issue IMO, even with a bad phone. Just tap like you're crazy and you'll come out the other end with a crappy rank but a clear nonetheless. And personally I hope they don't go too far with these quests, because I play this game for light fire emblem action and a side of paying your month's salary for your waifu and not Dubstep: Off-tempo edition.

As for datamines, I do know that there's something looking suspiciously like a enemy phase music disable, which is nice (unless they screw it up and now it just resets the same song every time phase changes). Now they need to expand the options for when animations happen in terms of fluff options and I think we're good to go. In terms of actual gameplay QoL changes though, I really want them to add more team slots (and I guess have them be optional like how the Pokemon boxes work in those games), because the more Legendary Heroes they add, the more teams built around them people want to make, and 8 teams isn't going to be holding your 2 Arena teams (Offense/Defense), your Legendary teams, and your Emblem teams for those monthly quests and a free roll slot for leveling up whatever you're working on.

That aside, I think the thing I'm looking forward to for now aside from all the banners lined up is that we should be getting an announcement any day now for shiny new Weapon Refinery options (assuming we're getting some this patch anyway). Yato is a likely candidate naturally, and if they want to keep the Fates theme going, they can come up with new weapons for Corrine and Camilla. Jakob could probably use one because he really has no niche, and if they want to mix things up, maybe it's time to give us some Prf Staves and put one on Elise and Sakura (Elise doesn't really need it, but hey, symmetry).

They should also give one to Odin because he really deserves one, and they could probably put Close Counter, Blade Damage, Heavy Blade and Breath Damage all on the same weapon and he'd still be bad.

I'm expecting them to give us Owain instead and have him be straight up better than even Ayra (even though Larcei will still powercreep the both of them).

As for QoL Setting Options, I've also heard tell about the Enemy Phase Music disable which is great, especially during T_T+s and GCNs, but right now you can also disable Map Animations (no more bumping uglies) to further speed up Autobattles.

And yeah, more teams since Dragon Emblem is now a thing, as are Blessing Teams, and Tactics skills are now promoting Mixed Teams, and maybe getting a vanity team or two would be nice (like a Waifu Emblem or a Lyn/Lucina/Chrom Emblem team).

And on that note, lololol, have our second Bowlyn (Green Infantry Division). At least the rest of the Legendary Banner has some decent picks with the remaining two Dancers (Shigure and Inigo) and Halloweens (Henry and Jakob) with Legendary Ephraim, Ike and FGrima being the remaining three Legendaries and Micaiah, Evil Swordlica, Nu Eirika and the Orange Fluffy Sheep.

Naturally, I already have all four draw pool residents, none of the seasonals and only the Freebie Ike from the Legendary pool. So Red's right out but the other colors are relevant to my interests (especially Blue for a Fire Legendary godsdammit).

Also, I don't recall if I predicted it here (actually I think I predicted Legendary Kaze as a troll option IIRC), but really ever since Ike set the precedent, with Ephraim reinforcement, I figured it was only a matter of time before Wind Lyn (I was kinda hoping for a Sword Lyn to replace her ancient launch Sord Lord, but this is slightly less redundant).

The rest of Golden Week is basically the second GCN with fewer differences in controlled territory rewards, more GC tiers, and added quests for more Lances (also 3 star and 4 star Kaze as a reward, which is the best goddamn news as a new source of roster additions is always welcome), and some other basic stuff that we already knew about or expected to show up (Three Heroes, Golden Week maps, extended 2x Exp & SP gains).
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 11:45:04 PM »
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Wow, this game has already jumped the shark for me, since I'm not far and already I've had to look at guides, which haven't helped much, and there's absolutely no memorable music. I always get suspicious when review sites give near-perfect scores to games, and I was right to suspect them of bullshit. The combat is okay, but this game is on track to becoming one of the most overrated piles of shit I've ever played, and makes me lose even further trust in the mainstream game media.

To be fair, not everybody was big on Zelda II, and this is basically Zelda II in 3D.

You also don't need a ton of guides to get through the game since almost nothing is permanently missable. If you're still worried about being lost, then my suggestions are to follow the plot up until you obtain the Camera, stick to the roads rather than climbing everywhere, go for the Camel dungeon last unless you want to put up with goddamn ninjas, and to not bother collecting 100% completion or every Korok Seed (your reward for collecting every Korok Seed is a golden pile of shit; no joke).

Combat also gets more interesting when you're fighting it out with Lynels and Guardians with good weapons compared to Bokobins with your fancy collection of sticks.

What music there is is rather good, but honestly, I don't think anyone could really come up with a soundtrack to cover all of Hyrule, so I for one am glad they didn't bother.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Will any trails games be on NA ps4?
« Last post by Arvis on Yesterday at 04:49:35 PM »
You have given me heart, Goosey.

Elsewhere.

In the Discord.
« Last post by Starmongoose on Yesterday at 04:47:44 PM »
You didn't reply "You have given me heart, Agent D" and now I'm disappointed.
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Der Jermeister on Yesterday at 04:24:28 PM »
Etrian Odyssey V - Starting to explore the Fifth Stratum.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Wow, this game has already jumped the shark for me, since I'm not far and already I've had to look at guides, which haven't helped much, and there's absolutely no memorable music. I always get suspicious when review sites give near-perfect scores to games, and I was right to suspect them of bullshit. The combat is okay, but this game is on track to becoming one of the most overrated piles of shit I've ever played, and makes me lose even further trust in the mainstream game media.

Resonance of Fate - I've got scopes for all my guns and have had an easier time.
« Last post by Arvis on Yesterday at 03:32:12 PM »
You have given me heart, Lian.  I'll play it after NNK2 after all, according to plan!
But if you wait til part 3 is announced, you can play other games meanwhile!

Couldn't I play those games after finishing 2?

If Cold Steel 1 and 2 tell a "complete" story the way Sky 1 and 2 do, then I'd rather experience it sooner rather than later.

And hopefully CS2 will take me right up to the release of DQXI.
« Last post by Agent D. on Yesterday at 03:09:25 PM »
You have given me heart, Lian.  I'll play it after NNK2 after all, according to plan!
But if you wait til part 3 is announced, you can play other games meanwhile!
« Last post by Hathen on Yesterday at 11:15:12 AM »
Unless they start having quests asking for S-ranks, clearing the quests shouldn't be too big of an issue IMO, even with a bad phone. Just tap like you're crazy and you'll come out the other end with a crappy rank but a clear nonetheless. And personally I hope they don't go too far with these quests, because I play this game for light fire emblem action and a side of paying your month's salary for your waifu and not Dubstep: Off-tempo edition.

As for datamines, I do know that there's something looking suspiciously like a enemy phase music disable, which is nice (unless they screw it up and now it just resets the same song every time phase changes). Now they need to expand the options for when animations happen in terms of fluff options and I think we're good to go. In terms of actual gameplay QoL changes though, I really want them to add more team slots (and I guess have them be optional like how the Pokemon boxes work in those games), because the more Legendary Heroes they add, the more teams built around them people want to make, and 8 teams isn't going to be holding your 2 Arena teams (Offense/Defense), your Legendary teams, and your Emblem teams for those monthly quests and a free roll slot for leveling up whatever you're working on.

That aside, I think the thing I'm looking forward to for now aside from all the banners lined up is that we should be getting an announcement any day now for shiny new Weapon Refinery options (assuming we're getting some this patch anyway). Yato is a likely candidate naturally, and if they want to keep the Fates theme going, they can come up with new weapons for Corrine and Camilla. Jakob could probably use one because he really has no niche, and if they want to mix things up, maybe it's time to give us some Prf Staves and put one on Elise and Sakura (Elise doesn't really need it, but hey, symmetry).

They should also give one to Odin because he really deserves one, and they could probably put Close Counter, Blade Damage, Heavy Blade and Breath Damage all on the same weapon and he'd still be bad.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10