Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussions / Re: Completion List 2018
« Last post by Greganox on Today at 11:14:59 PM »
Beat The Banner Saga just a few moments ago. It was a really solid strategy rpg and most of the game elements were a great change of pace for the genre. I had a blast using many of the different characters especially there abilities. It was quite a journey traveling through the grim world you're placed in and there was a plethora of hard choices I had to make .I'll be sure to check out the sequels when they go on sale.
Good lord.  Is 6 years the longest a thread has lain fallow before getting necro'd?

IIRC, nope. That said, you aren't going to even be able to necro a thread older than 2009 thanks to the archive purge.

I hear the forum was all about sex and booze back then.

Then you heard wrong.
Spoiler: show
Whomever you heard it from left out all the gratuitous violence and criminal enterprises that went down.

Those were dark times.
Good lord.  Is 6 years the longest a thread has lain fallow before getting necro'd?

IIRC, nope. That said, you aren't going to even be able to necro a thread older than 2009 thanks to the archive purge.

I hear the forum was all about sex and booze back then.

General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 12:49:54 PM »
Nevermind the Staff flood, the whale infested hellscape that is Arena tier 21 is going to sport even more Dancer bullshit on top of Daggers making bonus unit kills easier to set up.

My feelings towards Fortress creep is that the original Fortress skills sucked hard outside of some very narrow applications/builds that relied upon tanking/alternative damage/specials. Unfortunately, I'm not looking forward to Abyssal spamming new Fortress reinforcements that bulldoze anybody not running stupid, resource heavy builds. (Edit: Also helps that Fortress Def/Res is a tier two offshoot (much like the Drive Skills are to Spurs/Goads) and thus is our second tier 4 skill.)

As for the characters themselves (Edit: Now with stats):

Loki being playable now is just another page in this poorly written Candy Crush saga.

Kliff desperately needs Bonfire/Ignis/Iceberg/Glacies to make use of his beefy defensive stats (good fucking lord, wtf is this shit? At least he's fast I guess). Although Sagittae looks like it'll be hard to get the best effect out of. Meanwhile poor Odin just got powercrept back into the hole he just crawled out of.

His alterego/alt Owain really wants to show you his moves (also literally male Ayra (or female going by ye olde GBA stat difference of Atk/Res emphasis)).

Aversa is the first unit I've seen to really want HP as anybody with <3 HP to her and is standing next to somebody eats a 3 point debuff across the board on top of Panic. Her Res is pretty shabby though.

As for what the haps for me right now, I've backburnered the hell out of +_+ due to GCN (at least I had made peace with the fact that I'm not even going to try for the 6k feather tier this time). Unfortunately, after a strong initial start, my GCN team has completely capsized and there's little left for me to expect out of them (we're currently down to the base and one other area; its why I hate being on team Alfonse). And of course the whales have finally caught on to the wonders of ranking high in participation (so I've got little motivation to even compete for that this time; doesn't help that the minimum for rank 3 this time is 170000~ish versus last month's 150000~ish). My pulling luck has improved slightly though with a 4 star Silas pull (+Res/-HP, might as well be Neutral; at least I didn't waste 160 Orbs trying to pull for him and getting disappoint). But overall, I'm kinda losing interest as well since all the content has been demanding more time and effort than I'm willing to put into it. I didn't even make it back into Arena tier 20 this week just because of the demands are feeling too high.
« Last post by Hathen on Yesterday at 03:01:55 AM »
I mean, Selkie was at the top of the list as far as unadded units go, so they could've picked three thousand characters and they still wouldn't have added her.

Anyway I hate almost everything about this banner. Loki shouldn't be summonable yet, C Duel Infantry makes arena even worse, Fortress DEF/RES is a stupid blatant powercreep of not just the Fortress skills, but also Distant/Close Defense and Steady/Warding/Bracing Stance (that I actually upgraded the Fortress SSs totally has nothing to do with it), and Owain is another entry in the "shit we gotta overpower a sword unit so he's actually worth pulling for" list.

Out of those, C Duel Infantry is going to be the worst for me and my crappy budget Arena Armor Core. I'm somehow on my way to getting a third Whale Crown (takes a lot of Arena Crest burning but I still have like 800 of the things) but half the time my runs gets screwed it's because of a bullshit razzle dazzle healer chipping my units to death, so if this means I'll be running into Lucius or Azama annoying the shit out of me every other match, I might not bother anymore.
« Last post by Aeolus on October 21, 2018, 11:19:57 PM »
So apparently, the solution to having to pick the four CYL2 runner ups for Far-Fetched 2 while one of them is a Beaststone user, was to only pick three.

Fucking rofl.

That being said, we're still getting Selkie Aversa through the upcoming GHeB, and in the end, is that not what really matters?

Also they powercrept Fortress Def/Res. Now if they could actually make it affordable to non-whales so that normal people can have a better chance at running Relay Defense maps without having to run to online F2P strategies.
Brush and Quill / Re: Book Thread Continued
« Last post by Dincrest on October 21, 2018, 08:23:54 AM »
Although I'm 26-ish chapters into Dances of Deception and am absolutely loving it, I'm reporting about something else I read yesterday: Archie vol. 4 by Mark Waid and my reaction to it is OMGWTF?!?!?!?!  in a good way.  That cliffhanger at the end... whew!  I simply cannot get over how good this series is.  Here's the crazy part- this series is making me question life itself.  I know that's hyperbole, but I've always been firmly "Team Betty" my entire life, but this series is making me rethink that.  Veronica is totally growing on me.

Last Wednesday, I got the comic I preordered: The Source #1.  It's a new series from Scout Comics.  I felt like a lot of whirlwind events happened with no time to explain what the hell is going on (much like how the protagonist is feeling), so I'm left with more questions and no answers.  Despite some shaky storytelling and what seem to be a couple of mistakes that weren't caught in the editing/proofreading phase, I'm interested enough to both see what happens next and hopefully get some exposition.  So, yeah, I preordered the next two issues at my local comic book store, because I think this series will get its sea-legs over time.
I think that ship has sailed, Felix.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10