Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Single-Player RPGs / Top 10 Story-Driven RPGs
« Last post by PandoraWizard on Yesterday at 05:05:19 PM »
Although it's becoming harder to find RPGs with deep storytelling in this day and age, what are your top 5 best rpgs that fully deliver on the storyline side. A series can be included as one item if the story feels connected.

My list, games with lots of dialogues or cut-scenes.

• Final Fantasy 7
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Final Fantasy 10
  • Xenogears
  • Shadow Hearts 1&2
  • Persona 5
  • Suikoden 1&2
  • Final Fantasy 6
  • Final Fantasy Tactics
  • Xenosaga Series
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Things you can't bear in a JRPG
« Last post by PandoraWizard on Yesterday at 04:48:42 PM »
How about games where they have  visible encounters, but the enemies are so fast that you practically have to be near the end of the area to escape them.

edit:  If you escape the battle  the enemy just blinks for a very short bit, and then attack you again.

I've just purchased Chrono Cross on Vita, and although it's a great game, I always hated the battle system because visible enemies feel like random encounters and there's no rewards (experience, etc) from fighting, so it's just repetitive in vain.
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Mickeymac92 on Yesterday at 05:03:40 AM »
Day 15 of Warframe. Finally working on Saturn. I've been putzing about trying different weapons and Warframes out. Everyone seems great so far...except Nyx. I really need more ability-enhancing mods before that one will be viable. On that note:

Rhino is a great tank when I'm dealing with high level enemies and/or Survival missions. He alsao just feels great to use with a Shotgun, and I've gone through a lot of them to find the right one, with the 4-barreled Hek currently wiping out everything I come across.

Excalibur is still my main Powerhouse. He's just too well-rounded, so I wind up defaulting back to him, along with my Attica (which is still mulching literally every boss so far, while being reasonably effective at dealing with groups now that I've upped its ammo count. It's reload time and travel time for the bolts are the only drawbacks so far)

Everyone else seems to die too quickly, though, and like with Nyx, I just don't have ability-enhancing mods to compensate with sheer damage. I don't know when or where I'm supposed to get those from. :/
General Discussions / Re: Humble Bundle
« Last post by kofvscapcom on February 20, 2018, 07:45:00 PM »
new bundle up, if you haven't played any  of the  new Shadowrun stuff I do recommend them. The combat is kinda meh so I generally just play on easiest difficulty but the stories are usually very good. Wasteland 2 I haven't played before but I'll give it a shot. Xenonauts is supposed to be classic XCOM so curious about that also.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom announced!
« Last post by Electricb7 on February 20, 2018, 07:44:54 PM »
Crap. They are hiding the artbook behind the collectors edition. I really dont need all that extra crap. Just the music CD and the artbook.
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Electricb7 on February 20, 2018, 07:36:17 PM »
Just got a new Cintiq.
Playing through Zelda.

Single-Player RPGs / Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (no not X)
« Last post by Electricb7 on February 20, 2018, 07:27:18 PM »
I tried for Hours to get KOS MOS. I just gave up and best the game.
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Dincrest on February 20, 2018, 05:47:38 PM »
Only a French woman could say, "I broke my ass and need a painkiller" in a post-event interview and make it sound incredibly charming; almost classy and dignified even.  (I refer to halfpipe skiing silver medalist Marie Martinod.) 
Brush and Quill / Re: Book Thread Continued
« Last post by Arvis on February 20, 2018, 02:00:51 PM »
What a minute.  Emily Brontė wrote Wuthering Heights??  How did I mess that up?
Brush and Quill / Re: Book Thread Continued
« Last post by Jimmy on February 20, 2018, 01:33:56 PM »
I had to read Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontė for a class this semester. A slow read, but fascinating. I ended up really enjoying it despite 19th century British novels usually being very tedious.

Outside of school, I decided to make Ready Player One my Spring Break recreational read since the movie is coming soon and it’s right up my alley interest-wise.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10