Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #870 on: October 23, 2017, 04:24:56 AM »
Basically all of them aside from regular Draug has something worth bringing to the table.

Anyways, lol they went and made this T_T's grand prize a Guidance Sacred Seal. So much for upping Attack +1. Brash Assault and Atk Smoke are the other prizes in ascending order (at least Atk Smoke is pretty good). Also, something, something, Mega Draug, something.

Also there aren't really any really shitty maps this time around. Maybe a few that don't like Auto-Battle too much, but none are that tedious to traverse or set you up with 'go fuck yourself' situations.

Also also, way to go Seliph. This is a T_T to rescue your sister and you aren't even a bonus character. What a fail. At least you got to reenact your post-Arvis scene with your parents (too bad the Recover Ring is still locked to Arvis).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #871 on: October 23, 2017, 05:38:32 AM »
He can't inherit Divine Tyrfing either. You'd think they'd allow it since you'd have to sacrifice a Sigurd to do that anyway. Seliph just has a hard time in this game. Kinda funny his dad's the one tanking mage hits when Seliph was the one who actually had a Resistance stat of some kind in FE4.

All three of the seals are really good IMO, although Guidance will easily be the most broken (and annoying). Attack Smoke is just really useful in general and it's nice to have it without needing to pull and sacrifice a Brave Lyn. Brash Assault seal means everyone can use the Desperation + Brash Assault combo that was exclusive to Infantry Lyn before- stick it on someone like a Brave Axe Cherche and have fun. Also means Lyn herself can run Desperation + Brash Assault + Wrath if you really felt like it.

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: October 23, 2017, 05:28:43 PM »
Guidance can apparently only be equipped on flying units, I read this morning.

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: October 23, 2017, 06:34:24 PM »
At least having Tana is less necessary now. Now... where's Armour March...?
Just your regular Nintendo nerd. :D

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #874 on: October 23, 2017, 10:39:46 PM »
Guidance can apparently only be equipped on flying units, I read this morning.

Still makes airlifting strategies a whole lot more viable rather than just through Reposition. Also gives me a few team builds that makes use of either Camilla or Michalis (now I just need to promote him to 5 star). Also, Arden's dream of getting to teleport across entire maps is almost a reality (we just need an Armor March Seal and he and Effie/BK/Sheena/whatever Armor he wishes to S rank will march across the world, bringing death and destruction to whatever they happen upon).

Anyways, pulled for Dancers and got a Roderick and a Nino. At least the Rody is worth a free Firesweep L, a Drive Def and a Rally Def/Res (I can give one to Ephraim and the other to Eirika, this sounds like a decent plan). Currently about 7k on the T_T so things are moving along (though I was pissed that I got bumped from ranking up to 20 to getting ranked down to 18 within the last hour of the Arena, at least I held onto my <50k rank in Whale Assault), and I've just now level 40'd my Lachesis (Arvis is still coming along at level 25 4 star, now is the time to bring in Olivias mk1 and mk2 until I have 5 star Arden ready to launch to take over for BK).

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #875 on: October 24, 2017, 01:02:59 PM »
At least having Tana is less necessary now. Now... where's Armour March...?

Guidance being a Seal puts things like Armor March and Flier Formation on the table for future TTs, so that's something to look forward to.

They also added yet another orb bait banner today with the first ever Banner featuring Hinoka. I pulled that off-banner Hinoka during Nohrian Scummer so I'm less enticed. I more just need actual team members who can make use of the buff. Still don't have a decent IV Palla or Cherche. I guess I could 5* a Michalis or even Narshen, but that would seem like caving in after waiting so long.

My free pull got me a 4* Bartre. I've always thrown around the idea of building a Bartre as a joke (and to have some variety in my barracks full of dashing young men and loli moeblobs), but that new Brash Assault seal might make him a genuinely scary unit. Really, it potentially saves a ton of slow units from the bench like Alfonse and Chrom, the only problem is that we can only ever have one.

Seeing as how the Dancer banner is super blessed for me, I guess I'll keep going and see if colorless hell will put out.

No colorless. Would be nice any other time.

5* Sonya: Uh...cool? A pair of boobs with a spellbook. Unfortunately she's +DEF -RES which is like one of the worst things that could happen to her, because it means she can't RES Ploy as well. Would actually work great on Arvis, but I guess I'll get her to 40 and see how well she fares against Reinhardt with that RES bane before I decide.

3* Matthew: If only you could steal like in your home game.

4* Gordin: More free Brave Bows I don't need. Guess I should start merging the guy.
5* Klein: Well, here's that replacement Klein I really wanted for so long, and 5* to boot...he's also -ATK. Honestly have no idea what to do with him, a lot of units would love Death Blow but I'm not going to waste a free Brave Bow+. Guess I should promote that +ATK Leon I have and go nuts?

3* Gordin: Think the game's trying to tell me something.
4* Jakob: Oh cool, new unit. I'm sure I'll tire of seeing the guy soon since he's one of the horror stories that come out of colorless hell.

3* Azama: Keep getting boards with only 1 or 2 colorless. They never show up when you actually need them.

4* Kagero: Guess it's a fitting cap to this session since I started off summoning a huge pair of tits too.

I don't need a Halloween banner, pulling colorless hell is horrifying enough. Getting spooked by 2 random 5*s in less than 10 pulls makes it better though.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #876 on: October 24, 2017, 02:49:25 PM »
Man, that sucks. Sonya's hard to get enough as it is but getting screwed on traits like that blows. At least Klein's good Brave Bow+/Death Blow 3 fodder. I don't know if Ploy Debuffs stack or not so I wouldn't hold my breath in regards to getting Res Ploy on Arvis (though getting it and a Res Ploy Seal on him would be hilarious if they all stacked).

My pulls have been going a little better, just got myself yet another 4 star Effie from Flier Emblem banner (maybe I should've gunned for Minerva instead), and a 4 star Sheena and Tharja for SI stuffs. At least I haven't busted my pity rate of 3.50% yet and I still have 8 orbs to spare. It does help that I only need to farm Blue and Green Orbs (though my luck has traditionally been short on Blue anythings).

RereGHeB Edit: Ursula's come and gone once again. I did burn a Kagero and a stamina potion for this one, but at least now my Etrurian Scum now knows the other Colorless Weaponbreaker. I gave Sharena her quest kill on the 5 Stamina Dev Battle Static is Shock.

Also Halloween banner incoming. Looks like we may yet see a Mage General out of this (too bad its far too likely to be Leo yet again).

Currently at 25k at the T_T and waiting for some time to burn on the multiplier rounds for the day.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 06:53:05 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #877 on: October 26, 2017, 07:12:17 AM »
I mean, I would be a lot angrier about the bad IVs on these 5*s I'm getting, but the fact I'm getting pretty lucky with the amount of them really softens the blow. And yeah, there's no way Res Ploy stacks on Arvis- for some reason I thought Arvis's tome was -ATK/SPD and not -ATK/RES. Means that if you wanted to inherit him anything it'd be a Speed Ploy from Deirdre. Makes sense they'd want people to whale even harder.

On that note, hurray for a fourth (fifth?) bait banner. I bet they're going to drop Hero Fest 3 next month too. Well, third time's the charm- maybe if it's Leo again this time he'll actually be good (To be fair, Summer Leo actually wasn't too bad on paper since he's supposed to be a crazy RES tank, the problem is that there's really not any pressure-heavy Green Tomes since most of them are locked to walking and keel over in one hit- plus Arvis just completely stole his niche).

I too quickly cleared the ReGHB. This battle was really difficult last time around since SI didn't exist yet, but now it's trivialized pretty handedly. Plus Black Knight can kill almost every unit except Ursula safely, who he can still tank one hit from if he has to. I'm kinda tempted to sacrifice an Ursula for Death Blow 2 so I can prepare a unit to get all 3 of the rare skills 5* Klein has, but I'm really hesitant to kill off copies of limited units so maybe I should wait for an Effie instead.

For TT, I afk'd the game up to 50k points with a bunch of stamina potions to get some extra orbs since we're approaching the end of the Dancer banner. Did two pulls and got a 4* Saizo and another 4* Klein. Would rejoice at more Death Blow fodder, but this one's -HP +ATK, so I'll probably keep him around and promote him.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 07:14:33 AM by Hathen »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 26, 2017, 07:55:33 AM »
+atk Klein is the best thing Fire Emblem Heroes has ever given me. Sure, some other (rare/limited edition) units are technically better after heavy investment, but that usually involves stealing skills from a Klein in the first place. So treasure him. Give him a harem and treasure him.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 27, 2017, 01:54:57 AM »
I mean, I would be a lot angrier about the bad IVs on these 5*s I'm getting, but the fact I'm getting pretty lucky with the amount of them really softens the blow. And yeah, there's no way Res Ploy stacks on Arvis- for some reason I thought Arvis's tome was -ATK/SPD and not -ATK/RES. Means that if you wanted to inherit him anything it'd be a Speed Ploy from Deirdre. Makes sense they'd want people to whale even harder.

On that note, hurray for a fourth (fifth?) bait banner. I bet they're going to drop Hero Fest 3 next month too. Well, third time's the charm- maybe if it's Leo again this time he'll actually be good (To be fair, Summer Leo actually wasn't too bad on paper since he's supposed to be a crazy RES tank, the problem is that there's really not any pressure-heavy Green Tomes since most of them are locked to walking and keel over in one hit- plus Arvis just completely stole his niche).

I too quickly cleared the ReGHB. This battle was really difficult last time around since SI didn't exist yet, but now it's trivialized pretty handedly. Plus Black Knight can kill almost every unit except Ursula safely, who he can still tank one hit from if he has to. I'm kinda tempted to sacrifice an Ursula for Death Blow 2 so I can prepare a unit to get all 3 of the rare skills 5* Klein has, but I'm really hesitant to kill off copies of limited units so maybe I should wait for an Effie instead.

For TT, I afk'd the game up to 50k points with a bunch of stamina potions to get some extra orbs since we're approaching the end of the Dancer banner. Did two pulls and got a 4* Saizo and another 4* Klein. Would rejoice at more Death Blow fodder, but this one's -HP +ATK, so I'll probably keep him around and promote him.

Sixth actually. After Spring, Wedding, Two Summers and a Dancer, we're now getting a Fall one. I'm betting that Armor is gonna be Leo (no idea who's running around with the Cornucopia Axe (Tome?), perhaps Soleil?). Not looking forward to it either way.

Anyways pulled for more Dancers and wound up with two 4 star Maes instead. Who wants some Blarowl Tomes/Blue Tome Exp? Also got Arden 5 star and have been powerleveling him. Its amusing how fast he's leveling compared to Dancer Olivia (or how deadly he is with Follow-Up Ring). Currently at 31k and climbing. Hopefully we'll see another t_t soon since I would appreciate the extra Orbs coming down the pipe sooner rather than later (although, given the timing, November's T_T and banner are most likely gonna be FE4 Gen 2 themed; not that having Seliph will help me in the least for whatever bullshit reason the devs decide upon).

Kinda undecided on which Seal to pump up now since Guidance is really good to have on hand, but Brash Assault is wanted by more units, meanwhile I happen to have all these lovely Spur Def/Spur Res Seals just waiting to be buffed for buff bot shenanigans/inevitable GHeB bullshit, while my Braves ache for Atk +3.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #880 on: October 27, 2017, 04:22:28 AM »
And the Mage Armour is Henry! Nekomata Sakura is adorable and I need her. Jakob is... eh, whatever. Can't say I really care, but it wouldn't be bad to have him in an armour team. It's just that, as nice as that bow is on paper, he'll probably need either a Brave Bow or atleast Close Counter to make it to the meta. Nowi could be a nice addition to my flyer team. I already dislike half of the characters in it; might as well make it 75%.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 04:24:00 AM by Tomara »

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #881 on: October 27, 2017, 05:53:38 AM »
And the Mage Armour is Henry! Nekomata Sakura is adorable and I need her. Jakob is... eh, whatever. Can't say I really care, but it wouldn't be bad to have him in an armour team. It's just that, as nice as that bow is on paper, he'll probably need either a Brave Bow or atleast Close Counter to make it to the meta. Nowi could be a nice addition to my flyer team. I already dislike half of the characters in it; might as well make it 75%.

Ugh. And it comes today too. So much for hoping to pull an FE4 character during November. Also lol it contains a Red Flying Tome, an Armor Tome with Armor March, and an Anti-Tome weapon.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 27, 2017, 06:09:34 AM »
Huh part of me wants Nekomata Sakura...but drawing colorless when there are two colorless focus units. That sounds like a dangerous gamble. >.>

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 27, 2017, 07:01:25 AM »
Huh part of me wants Nekomata Sakura...but drawing colorless when there are two colorless focus units. That sounds like a dangerous gamble. >.>

Well, it is the Halloween banner and what's scarier than colourless hell?

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #884 on: October 27, 2017, 11:27:06 AM »

Well, it is the Halloween banner and what's scarier than colourless hell?

A colorless hell occupied by a pity rate breaking Archer Tank (and who the hell wants one of those?).

Meanwhile both Sakura and Nowi are looking to be monsterous (both have 5 default skills over the old four set; and Sakura's anti-mage with a passion while Nowi has both baked in Escape Route and a skill that grants herself a +5 Atk/Res aura on top of her flying shenanigans (and we just got Guidance as a Sacred Seal too).

Additionally Sakura has the Dagger Valor skill (for whatever the hell that's worth; I think we're short the Red Tome, Bow, Staff and Dragon Stone versions of the skill now), Jakob is running some kind of Archer Tank build (there's a high chance he's going to have shit Spd if he's coming with Wary Fighter), and Henry is running a second copy of Armor March (just because having a 2 ranged Armor wasn't enough).

Also its nice they're bringing back the Live For skills.