Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Annubis on Today at 12:09:50 AM »
I deliver:
« Last post by Goblin Shark on Yesterday at 08:49:59 PM »
I've heard of people physically cheating on their partners, I've heard of people emotionally cheating on their partners, but I've not heard of people culinarily (is that even a real word) cheating on their partners.  Real life is so much more interesting than any anime or manga.  And this is from a guy who's lived equivalencies of Yowamushi Pedal and possibly Detroit Metal City. 

As for my haps, nothing beyond the usual: work, fitness, RPGFan, reading, housekeeping, voice over stuff, music, and working on that public speaking side hustle.
Brush and Quill / Re: Book Thread Continued
« Last post by Goblin Shark on Yesterday at 08:31:13 PM »
I just finished Symphony of Fates, the final book in the the 4-book Dragon Songs Saga series by J.C. Kang.  Whew, that book was a barnburner!  I'm glad I stumbled upon this series, because I'd spent so much time "dating" various books to find my next read, and this series (despite its flaws) gave me my reading spark back, left me wanting more, and sets itself up for further adventures that I would happily read since the ending may have answered a lot but it also left some old and new questions.  My favorite book of the series was probably book 2 (Orchestra of Treacheries). 

I'll be the first to say that this series sorely needed a more careful editor to not only smooth out various syntax errors throughout the books, but to also iron out a few noticeable plot (and occasionally character) inconsistencies.  I also felt that sometimes big events happened too quickly with characters acting out of character and becoming slaves to the plot.  Still, the vibrant worldbuilding, visceral action scenes, wonderfully paced storytelling, and some cool characters (e.g. Jie, Sameer, Ming) transported me to another world and made me want to keep reading.  I said it before and I'll say it again, I think these books would adapt incredibly well into movies.       

I know the author is working on companion books that chronicle various side characters' adventures between the main books, the first of these being Masters of Deception that takes place between book 1 (Songs of Insurrection) and book 2 (Orchestra of Treacheries).  Masters of Deception just came out this year and is next on my "to read" list.  In Orchestra, some characters (including Jie) referred to their "adventure from two years ago" but remained mostly tight-lipped about it, making me (and Princess Kaiya) all the more intrigued as to what happened in that between-book span.  But now, unlike Princess Kaiya, I can sate my curiosity.   

There is also an adventure between book 2 (Orchestra of Treacheries) and book 3 (Dances of Deception) that some side characters reference in both Dances (book 3) and Symphony (book 4), so I hope that's chronicled next.  My favorite part in Symphony was the banter between Jie and Ming, so I want to know more about their crazy adventure between Orchestra and Dances.       
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Rucks on Yesterday at 05:24:48 PM »
Finally beat Torchlight 2.  It's a fantastic game.  But also highlighted every issue I have with playing a hack n slash with a mouse and keyboard.  Since you left click to both move and attack, time and time and time again when the screen was filled with enemies, I would be trying to fall back to a safer position and would instead just stand there like an idiot firing my pistols (because there was hardly any space to click on anything but monsters) and getting torn to shreds.  Other times, I would click on a monster to attack and instead my poor, sweet dullard of an outlander would start running headlong into danger without letting off a single shot.  At least give me wasd or something... it was infuriating,  and would never be an issue with a controller.
« Last post by Arvis on Yesterday at 04:04:02 PM »
I already knew exactly what you meant, but still.
« Last post by ironmage on Yesterday at 02:59:47 PM »
octopus-wieners

You did that on purpose
That this could be interpreted as a double entendre did occur to me, but I'm not sure what else to call these things.
« Last post by Arvis on Yesterday at 10:18:46 AM »
octopus-wieners

You did that on purpose
« Last post by Annubis on Yesterday at 08:43:03 AM »
what sort of food is usually making?

It varies a lot. Most of the times it's whatever she saw in cooking magazines (Ricardo and etc.).
Usually really healthy stuff to boot.

EDIT: actually, I'm about to head to work and there's probably a lunch waiting there for me. I'll update ;)
« Last post by ironmage on December 09, 2018, 11:15:18 AM »
making food usually what?
Rucks accidentally a word.  "What sort of food is she usually making?"  It's the most important question in situations like this.

I have a mental picture of a bento box with those octopus-wieners, and heart-shaped onigiri.
General Discussions / Re: Completion List 2018
« Last post by Greganox on December 08, 2018, 08:44:45 PM »
Beat Super Mario Galaxy 2 for the umpteenth time. Still my favourite game of all time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10