Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Annubis on Today at 05:03:48 PM »
Everyone else seems to die too quickly, though, and like with Nyx, I just don't have ability-enhancing mods to compensate with sheer damage. I don't know when or where I'm supposed to get those from. :/

Playing Warframe kinda means you have to hit the wiki all the time
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (no not X)
« Last post by Agent D. on Today at 07:14:29 AM »
He's perfectly entitled to his opinion, just as I'm entitled to mine.
Ahh. There's an opinion I can get behind.
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 01:11:25 AM »
And to no one's surprise we're all getting a brand new Legendary to go with that new mode on the 28th (well, okay, most of us are getting a brand new Legendary, the rest are getting a free Aether/Warding Breath/+1 Merge).

Second, third and fourth went to Wharja, Axzura and Hector respectfully (which is unsurprising due to Axzura getting a second chance with a recent Legendary banner versus Wharja's once go-a-round, while Hector just got totally kneecapped by Vector). The rest of the top 30 just goes to show how utterly stupid this vote was since it was completely dominated by seasonals and heavy meta.

Possessed Takumi comes with Fury. Because he's angry.

Actually, no, angry may be the wrong word. I spoiled myself by reading the mined data, and he's mostly confused and sad and says 'The enemy!' only slightly more often than Brave Lyn.

The Fury 3 is not a joke though.

They also gave him Vengeance (which is a joke because he only has 37 HP at Level 40).

That said, Skadi has the potential of being bonkers on slow/clogged maps. Especially since his stat spread gives him effectively 48 Atk and 40 Spd to follow up on the free 10 damage. Pairing him up with Pain+ bombs Azama or Lucius is even more hilarious for AoE damage.

Also, Zonkumi looks like a goddamn Shining Force character (olde skool, though minus the closeted furry, none of that Tony Taka crap).
« Last post by Grainofariver on Yesterday at 06:48:50 PM »
He's perfectly entitled to his opinion, just as I'm entitled to mine. I wish I had a more serious post to offer on finishing the game, but for the most part I feel like I'd just be repeating myself. Instead, I had a little bit of fun... Actually a lot of fun. The criticisms are still there though, and I stand by them, just as I stand by every other criticism I leveled toward the game. I still ended up with 84 hours played, and considering I bailed on Star Ocean 5 after just 10 (a.k.a. the half-way point), it's not like I found the game utterly atrocious. Funnily enough, those three words do a pretty solid job summing up my feelings.

I do want to get to the original, but for now I've got to clear some stuff in my backlog. Unless Dragon Quest XI's release date ends up much closer that I'm thinking, it'll be a while yet before the next big thing comes along, so there's plenty of time.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Top 10 Story-Driven RPGs
« Last post by Grainofariver on Yesterday at 06:24:43 PM »
For sure! I was trying really hard to figure out how to make my comment without coming across as if I was shutting you down or devaluing the points you brought up. Hopefully I got there.
« Last post by Dincrest on Yesterday at 05:38:03 PM »
@Grainofariver Sweet food for thought, man.  It's because what makes a story "good" or "compelling" to each of us is so idiosyncratic that I wanted to open up the discussions as to why we value the kinds of stories we do. 
« Last post by Agent D. on Yesterday at 11:44:47 AM »
I care for his 3 word review about as much as I cared for his term paper-length evaluation and comparison.
« Last post by Frostillicus on Yesterday at 10:30:03 AM »
I wanted to put a "1" in front of them all but thought it would affect the integrity of the message I was trying to send. 

There's no integrity in extreme fanboi-ism.
« Last post by Arvis on Yesterday at 10:12:46 AM »
@Agent D. is not going to like that three-word review at the end of your post, @Grainofariver :P
« Last post by Arvis on Yesterday at 10:12:10 AM »
@Kevadu - I wanted to put a "1" in front of them all but thought it would affect the integrity of the message I was trying to send.  But then again, maybe it would have further reinforced the message.

I'm happy to see Chrono Cross being discussed here, despite its story really kinda being all over the place.  I prefer Cross to Trigger (because it's a better game), but Trigger is pretty good about managing to be straightforward and explicable, and with a video game time travel story, no less!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10