Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Deadpool 2 - I came. I saw. I laughed. I had a great time. I left.

....really don't have much to say beyond that. The writing was on-point. Great timing, great characterization. It was a great time from start to finish, with a post-credits ending that...I think I might've seen a tweet or headline spoiling, but didn't make enough sense out of context until I saw it myself, so I don't think it counts as spoiled?

Basically, I loved it. Sure, it didn't set the world on fire, but....why is that a saying? Seriously, I think if the world was on fire, we'd all be dead. Or living in underground vaults that are secretly lab experiments meant to stretch the limits of how much you can screw with people...speaking of which, Mission Impossible: Fallout Edition looks amazing. It's a very unexpected crossover, but I'm sure it'll be Game of the Year once all the bugs are patched out.
Spoiler: show
They're never getting patched out.

...what was I talking about? Oh yeah, The Avenger: Infinity Guantlet Acts 1 & 2. I saw. I laughed. I cried. I wooed and cheered. I left with a sense of hollowness and bitter disappointment at the fact that I bought the Beta Early Access version instead of waiting for the Complete Edition that'll release next year. But, that was my fault, since they only mentioned it in every one of their advertisements, except the ones I actually saw. I still cannot figure out how I missed that. It's like the entire internet is playing a practical joke on me, and I want it to stop!

But the joke's on you! This is the only Marvel movie that's based on a story I've already read! I already know how it ends!

...except they only used about 10% of said material...mostly just the basic concept, really...and it's set in a seperate universe...with only a small fraction of the original characters, most of whom are actually more important to the film than they were to the comic...and honestly, the only substantial part that they used was the part I never expected them to use...

...I'll just blame Disney until I invent time travel. Or the next movie comes out. Whichever comes first.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: A JRPG About BOOBS!
« Last post by MonCapitan2002 on Yesterday at 07:12:16 AM »
Arent all jrpgs already about boobs

At the very least, every Tales Of game is required to designate at least one member of the party as "the boobs", as I like to call them. Luckily, whoever that is usually has a completely different personality to the others in the series.
Would that be Velvet in Tales of Berseria?  She was the bustiest of all the ladies in the game.

All this talk about Alundra and no one mentioned the stream? :(
As fond of my memories of that game, watching the stream has reminded me that the game has its technical issues as well.  The game, by today's standards isn't anywhere as playable as it was for its time.  One thing watching that stream does, though is make me miss Working Designs during their heyday.  Say what you will about Victor Ireland; but when it came to the games they localized, every effort was a labor of love.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Things you can't bear in a JRPG
« Last post by SonicDeathMonkey on May 19, 2018, 10:22:59 PM »
better does not necessarily mean ideal/perfect. 

Both versions of FFXII have flaws in story, gameplay, and interface.  The best part about that game was the Gambit system because I could custom tailor to my exacting tastes how I wanted my companion AI to act, and have been spoiled ever since.  That's another one of my pet peeves is companion AI that's so absolutely brainless (even with rudimentary options on how I want them to act) that I have to babysit them or they'll blow themselves up.  That is not fun.

RPGs that want me to rely on AI companions are always a non-starter for me. I dunno why, but I find it infinitely frustrating when someone on my team does something stupid. Like you say, FFXII's gambit system did a decent job of correcting that but I still didn't find that particular brand of micromanagement very fun.
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Aeolus on May 19, 2018, 03:17:58 PM »
RS2: And that's Bokouhn strings cut. Just five Heroes left to go. Turns out that you don't need your Emperor to be a Tactician, you just need the class unlocked. Also did a bunch of shit like collecting all of the Bard's Instruments, beat up a bunch of disloyal pirates, and stop a Volcano, so now I'm currently on my fourth generic Emperor. I probably should go after Rocbouquet or Noel next (probably Noel since my current party is a bit of a sausagefest atm and I lack a Moleman).

Edit: Welp. I'm fucked. I triggered the Final Emperor one generation too soon (should've left Noel or Rocbouquet alone, went after both since I failed to trigger a timeskip and wanted Selmet as a territory) so now my Empress has crappy SP and mediocre combat stats (lotsa MP and magic though, about the only good thing that came from having a Tactician Emperor), and there's no way to trigger enough time skips to finish up on the remaining Fusion Spells (on the plus side I funded Quicktime; on the minus, I didn't fund Elixir).
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Frostillicus on May 19, 2018, 08:32:55 AM »
BoF IV : That dungeon where you have to put apples on stumps to lure out the elephant/apteryx creature to chase it around narrow trap-filled ramps while constantly being attacked by the same 3 annoying enemy types?
... REALLY don't like that dungeon.

Enjoying the game otherwise.
Brush and Quill / Re: Book Thread Continued
« Last post by Dincrest on May 18, 2018, 06:02:41 PM »
And to footnote that, the Harry Potter characters aged over the course of the books and, as such, the writing matured too.  When Harry started raging at Ron, Hermione, and everyone at Grimmauld Place (I think?) in the beginning of book 5, it showed that Harry is not a wide-eyed, innocent, cute little kid any more.  He's a troubled teenager who's hitting puberty.  That age is when boys are monsters to deal with, because their glands are suddenly dumping tons of testosterone into their bodies and that makes them exhibit a natural form of "roid rage."  So, yeah, between hormones and circumstances it's no surprise that Harry was a dick at times and prone to lashing out. 
Brush and Quill / Re: Book Thread Continued
« Last post by Der Jermeister on May 18, 2018, 02:08:50 PM »
Yeah, and not all Slytherins are necessarily bad, such as Horace Slughorn and Nymphadora Tonks' mother Andromeda.

Harry also is a bit of a jerkass in later entries, but I think he had every right to be, given what he went through.
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Aeolus on May 18, 2018, 09:54:52 AM »
I'm sure Snacky is there to satisfy a cuteness quotient and definitely not for the lolicon audience.

Also go figure they choose the moment I decide I should start saving to get Hector once and for all to release a seasonal version of Ninian, and a flying tome user at that. What to do.

Well if it helps, her artwork is dreadfully terrible (dem broke gams). Also, its too bad she isn't also a Flying Dancing Dragon Tome user, but then neither Scummer Corn nor Nowitch are considered Dragons either (though it seems like you have to be a Dragon (or Camilla) to be a Flying Tome User to begin with).

I suppose they're going for Flower Girl (you know, for Tanith's and Sigrun's wedding; now if only they would actually include them :arghfist:) rather than Marriage Candidate for the Snacki.

Meanwhile Tharja Emblem is now a go (or it would be if we had a little more diversity than 3 Red Mages and a Green Mage; she can't even go for a Tactics or Emblem build since you're running 1 Armor and 3 Infantry).

And while completely inappropriate for Marth, at least we now have a an Axe Mount who isn't past their prime (or wielding a Spoon).
« Last post by Tomara on May 18, 2018, 09:37:37 AM »
I'm sure Snacky is there to satisfy a cuteness quotient and definitely not for the lolicon audience.

Let's go with that theory for our own sanity's sake.

In any case, I don't know yet if I want to pull. I don't want or need that Tharja and Sanaki is a 'Just. No.' for me, but that Ninian would make my VA!Eliwood and atleast two of my teams very happy.
« Last post by Hathen on May 18, 2018, 07:51:45 AM »

Also go figure they choose the moment I decide I should start saving to get Hector once and for all to release a seasonal version of Ninian, and a flying tome user at that. What to do.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10