Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Smashking on Today at 04:49:44 AM »
I said I wasn't sure if I was going to use Mia, but might as well now since she's going to be a bonus unit for the Tempest Trials. I do have a high level BIke ready too, just in case.
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Tomara on Today at 02:51:13 AM »
A friend of mine lost her mother suddenly from a heart attack and said it's the worst way to lose family because she couldn't say goodbye...
I've thought about that quite a bit and while I won't said this to her (I've got some tact) my opinion at this point is that it's probably the best way because the last time I saw my mother was 7 months ago. Since then, it's been something else and slowly it's just becoming an empty husk. Watching that decay day after day is hard and part of me just wants it to end already.

I've had both happen (though nothing as close as a parent or sibling), and I also think the slow version is worse. If it's happens suddenly, you take a big hit and there's this rush to arrange everything and then the funeral is over and you can take your time to process everything.

The slow version chips away at everyone for months if not years, and it's still going to hurt. Perhaps even more so, because there's not much normalcy left to fall back on. And you'll feel guilt because there's this feeling of relief it's over.

Sorry... that wasn't exactly uplifting... Just wanted to say I sort of understand what you're going through and that it's okay to feel what you're feeling.
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Tomara on Today at 02:34:15 AM »
The theme of the new T_T makes no sense (Brave Heroes as mostly 1.2x bonus units?), but I appreciate that IntSys is sticking to my plan. I was planning on adding Soren to the Lunatic 7 team to get him some more SP, and that just became easier thanks to BIke being a 1,4x bonus unit. Plus, BIke still has plenty of HM left to gain, so that's nice too.
« Last post by Electricb7 on Today at 12:18:50 AM »
@Electricb7 Do you have a monthly payment of any sort? (cellphone, Netflix/cable, etc.)
You can have those charged on a credit card, pay it every month and it will help set up your profile as positive credit.
I just applied for a secured card yesterday. I plan on paying small bills with it.
« Last post by Annubis on Yesterday at 11:32:50 PM »
@Electricb7 Do you have a monthly payment of any sort? (cellphone, Netflix/cable, etc.)
You can have those charged on a credit card, pay it every month and it will help set up your profile as positive credit.
« Last post by Electricb7 on Yesterday at 11:06:02 PM »

@Electricb7 The kicker is that "Business and Consumer Math" and other living-skills type math classes are reserved for students with some sort of special needs IEP or something.  I think a Business and Consumer Math class should be mandatory over more theoretical math courses.  Pythagorean Theorems don't do you much good when you're trying to navigate getting a mortgage for your first home or something.

Exactly.
Ive always preached that code/programming, engineering, credit and finances should be mandatory classes in schools. Tech me how to do any of these things over History, or some unorthodox math class and you will most likely have increased my chances off success.
The Soundroom / Re: Favorite Albums of 2017
« Last post by D-Rider on Yesterday at 10:29:06 PM »
Fucking none.  At least nothing that was RELEASED this year.  The new Paradise Lost album is the closest thing I've got to a favorite, but I only like three or four songs off it.  Cradle of Filth's new one has a few glimpses of greatness here and there too, but nothing warranting the label of favorite.

I've had more luck catching up with stuff I missed out on in previous years.  I think I've already played the Jex Thoth album "Blood Moon Rise" more than I've played the last three Maiden albums combined.
« Last post by Dincrest on Yesterday at 09:41:40 PM »
Yeah, you ain't alone @Annubis .  For years I watched my dad deteriorate before my eyes until he finally passed two years ago.  I think about him now more than ever. 

I know when you're going through stuff like that you feel like you're facing the burden alone, that no one understands... well, everyone experiences things differently, but many of us have been down similar roads. 

@Electricb7 The kicker is that "Business and Consumer Math" and other living-skills type math classes are reserved for students with some sort of special needs IEP or something.  I think a Business and Consumer Math class should be mandatory over more theoretical math courses.  Pythagorean Theorems don't do you much good when you're trying to navigate getting a mortgage for your first home or something. 
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Ys VIII
« Last post by MonCapitan2002 on Yesterday at 09:41:07 PM »
That still doesn't change my opinion.  Yes the name is stupid.  But at the end of the day, the localization, as poor as it was did leave us with a coherent story.  It wasn't so bad that the localization interfered with my enjoyment of the game.  The biggest annoyance in my opinion were the interception and suppression missions which felt like chores.  No amount of localization can fix that.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: FF12 HD - Zodiac Age
« Last post by MonCapitan2002 on Yesterday at 09:39:03 PM »
I have a feeling that whatever the announcement is about will turn out to be underwhelming.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10