Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Watched a few recent additions to the Netflix movie library.

The Disaster Artist: I watched the movie the Room years ago at an independent cinema and it was hilariously bad. This movie covering its origin was an enjoyable watch. I can see why James Franco won a Golden Globe for portraying Tommy Wiseau.

Thor Ragnarok: Another MCU movie taken care of. Definitely my fave of the Thor movies.

The Foreigner: Jackie Chan has still got it as an action hero. Pierce Brosnan was great too.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Fire Emblem: [s]Tree[/s] Three Houses
« Last post by Greganox on Yesterday at 11:31:27 PM »
Fire Emblem is both my second favourite Nintendo franchise and video game series in general. I don't own a Switch yet but this may convince me down the road. The most striking for me so far is the new art style. I think I'll end up appreciating it just as I did with the last game, Echoes.

(i.e. looks like Archers can counter at 1 Rng).
This is good to hear as that's been a common complaint for the class for a long time. The lack of 1 range is a big a big reason I'm not a fan of the class. I Ioved using archers in Echoes though thanks to 1 range and all the extra range boosts plus movement you get when you promote.
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Greganox on Yesterday at 09:36:38 PM »
Going on a camping trip with my friends for the upcoming weekend. Bought food today. Really excited. Haven't gone camping in four years.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Your favorite basic weapons
« Last post by Greganox on Yesterday at 09:28:41 PM »
^ Cool choice Starmongoose. I hadn't really considered style and apparel when making this thread.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: super robot wars topic
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 07:24:14 PM »
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/20/super-robot-wars-portable-gets-fan-translated/

So now we have 3 SRW games available to the west this year. Its a good time to be a Giant Robot anime fan.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Tales of Discussion 2: Dawn of the New Megathread
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 07:10:29 PM »
I wonder why wearing clothes is so difficult for so many female RPG protagonists...

Because, contrary to popular belief, the defensive rating of armor goes up as the area it covers goes down. The idea is to concentrate it all onto three spots (the bare minimum needed to retain the 'decency' status effect; incidentally losing said status effect is an automatic game over).

Septerra Core seems to mostly buck that trend.  Maya wears full armor.  Okay, so Led (a girl who's maybe 18-20) wears a tank top and there is a brothel in the game with scantily clad prostitutes, but that's about it. 

Lol at bringing up Septerra Core and further including the two party members who were most blatantly designed after noted anime characters Motoko Kusanagi and Sailor Moon.

What about people who played with "good girl Velvet" ?

As I recall, most of Velvet's standard ensemble was assembled with her "good girl Velvet" outfit (or at least what was left of it).
« Last post by Dincrest on Yesterday at 02:59:56 PM »
I wonder why wearing clothes is so difficult for so many female RPG protagonists...

And even when they wear clothes, they're ludicrously skin-tight or have "boob windows" or something ridiculous, right? 

Septerra Core seems to mostly buck that trend.  Maya wears full armor.  Okay, so Led (a girl who's maybe 18-20) wears a tank top and there is a brothel in the game with scantily clad prostitutes, but that's about it. 

As for a new Tales of... game, I don't expect too much from that series beyond a fun-to-play, pulpy, summer-blockbuster style romp.  I just hope that it bucks the trend I complain the most about in modern gaming- miniscule text fonts in dialogue boxes with no way to make them bigger.  If I'm allowed complete wishful thinking, I also want to see someone other than Motoi Sakuraba composing the music.  I think Sakuraba is an uninspired hack.  He farts out so much music that it all sounds boring, generic, repetitive, recycled, and completely unmemorable to me. 
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Jimmy on Yesterday at 01:39:11 PM »
I played a bit of Bravely Second over the weekend. I finally left Florem to go to Sagitta Village. While in the woods leading to the village Yew reached level 7 as Black Mage, Magnolia reached level 7 as Hawkeye, and Tiz reached level 7 as Bishop. I switched Yew back to Summoner to get that up to level 7, and Magnolia back to Red Mage to get that to level 7 because Revenge. I switched Tiz back to Astrologian to get that up to level 7. I'm going to have him focus on Bishop and Astrologian for the time being as he's my primary healer. At some point I'll move him back to Red Mage because Revenge. Edea is currently a Knight, and once she gets that up to level 7 I'll likely switch her back to Fencer or Hawkeye. I'll eventually need to swap her to Red Mage to get Revenge and other BP+ skills as I'm planning on taking her the Valkyrie/Templar route like I did in the first game.

Don't have much time to play again this week, so my sole denizen of the village is continuing work on reclaiming the damaged areas while the 3DS is in sleep mode. He should be finished with the last reclamation project by Friday morning. My wife and I will be traveling next week, so I'll be taking the 3DS with me to see if I can find him some friends.
« Last post by Tomara on Yesterday at 11:04:35 AM »
« Last post by Arvis on Yesterday at 10:05:00 AM »
You still get Underboob Velvet in every skit... :/
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10