Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Tomara

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #1050 on: January 01, 2018, 04:39:29 AM »
Oh, huh, my Maria has 37 speed? That's kind of impressive. It looks like she's +spd and -def, which is actually ideal? I guess she could make a cute panic-spreading res tank.

BUT I STILL WANT TAKUMI D:

Maria is benched until further notice, because Lissa wants some more HM and Lucius' Holy chip damage Batman! build isn't finished yet.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 01, 2018, 05:50:14 AM »
Meanwhile, my recent-ish luck continues as I've now pulled the Legendary Fjorm....wait. That's the wrong Legendary! THAT'S THE WRONG LEGENDARY!!!!! Ah well. I somehow suspect that much like this banner, when it comes time for Legendary unit No. 3 (i.e. the Earth one), She-Gunter will be available to pad out the unit roster. Would've liked Bunny Chrom or Charlotte's only version, but another Water Blessing isn't anything to sneeze at either.

Also, the VG continues to be a bag of dicks as my level 1 Robin continues to get besieged by Bowlyns, Spring Camillas and Innes while my Friend list seems to be nowhere to be found (its all Level 1 randos, usually more Xmas Robins and Staffbots; color variation doesn't actually matter if I can't win any of the goddamn fights game). I guess I can improve my situation by taking Tannenboom! Robin through the T_T a couple of times, but I would've liked to have finished up with Axe Lissa first.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: January 02, 2018, 06:58:25 AM »
I also jumped on team Robin since I have him and everything, but goddamn are my teammates idiots. People sending me blue units all over the place so I can get solo'd by the Christmas Lissas who show up. Don't have any friends on the same team giving me good units either. Can only hope that one Brave Lyn I ran into will accept my friend invite.

If you want Aeolus, we can trade IDs so its less painful. I'm leading with Nino at the moment (took Reinhardt off the lead since color overlap is bad). Mine is 5002653070.

I also got up to ~30 orbs, so I tried a few pulls and got more a few more junk units plus a 5* Rhajat. 5* exclusive is nice, and she's +ATK -DEF which I think is really good on her, but I've never cared for Rhajat or her alternate-dimension-ancestor/descendant she's based off of. At least I got another solid Reinhardt counter I suppose, but Reinhardt's presence has been leveling off a bit in recent times. Bow Lyn is the bigger cancer.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 02, 2018, 10:21:33 PM »
I also jumped on team Robin since I have him and everything, but goddamn are my teammates idiots. People sending me blue units all over the place so I can get solo'd by the Christmas Lissas who show up. Don't have any friends on the same team giving me good units either. Can only hope that one Brave Lyn I ran into will accept my friend invite.

If you want Aeolus, we can trade IDs so its less painful. I'm leading with Nino at the moment (took Reinhardt off the lead since color overlap is bad). Mine is 5002653070.

I also got up to ~30 orbs, so I tried a few pulls and got more a few more junk units plus a 5* Rhajat. 5* exclusive is nice, and she's +ATK -DEF which I think is really good on her, but I've never cared for Rhajat or her alternate-dimension-ancestor/descendant she's based off of. At least I got another solid Reinhardt counter I suppose, but Reinhardt's presence has been leveling off a bit in recent times. Bow Lyn is the bigger cancer.

Look at the bright side, she saves you from having to run Female Robin for Keen Gronnwolf+.

Strangely enough, as soon as I complained about it on the Internet, I've become inundated with Annas. That said, I've been running Bridelia for these last few hours just so that I can get the flags for colorless units (because aside from a Takumi that showed up half an hour ago, I've been in Colorlessless hell).

Anyways, I've added you and my number is
Spoiler: show
194-79-KM-8395-4
minus the dashes and random letters (mind you that I have a tendency to switch around my lead unit since my Team 1 tends to be used as one of my leveling teams). That said, I don't think it really matters since it seems like this VG is just using randos for both allies instead of a rando and a friend, which is incredibly lousy because it defeats the entire purpose of having the friend list beyond generating a fistful of feathers per day.

Welp Edit: Robin jobbed to nobody's surprise, but I got the last flags from Round 1 (though I had to burn a Light's Blessing at the end because Brideila, Joshua and Genny weren't going to triumph over two Reinhardts and a Summer Gaius), I held on to my top 5k rank and I still have Lissa so I'm good on that front. Biggest surprise was an Azura upset over Titilla, but popularity stopped being a metric months ago. The Lobster busted up the Taco, but that's not as surprising because popularity doesn't mean shit, especially since not a lot of players have a Seasons Taco whereas the Lobster Lord has been around since day fucking 1 and featured on like a dozen or so banners at this point. And Tharja continues to surprise no one.

Also caught up on my day to day shit after the Holiday deluge (although I left an Orb on the table because AA resets in the middle of the goddamn day and it fucking sucks because that's the point where I have the actual time to deal with this gacha bullshit; especially since I have noted actual videogame XBC2 demanding all of my time these days). I even have the Three Heroes BS licked.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 12:40:55 AM by Aeolus »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: January 03, 2018, 04:12:22 AM »
Aw... Takumi lost... :(

Guess I'll just appreciate the new weapon triangle: Ryoma - Soren - Takumi

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 03, 2018, 07:38:50 AM »
I realized today that Rhajat happens to be a bonus unit, so that's a pretty nice bonus to pulling her. Arena will be far less annoying this week at least.

Also because of the same hell the last couple of hours during Robin vs Lissa, I ended up around rank 6000 but have lots of flags to go this round. Since I jumped to Team Ryoma looks like I'll be getting lots of chances to spend them too, and I'm guessing Tomara has too because I've been getting a pineapple as one of my allies killing everything for me this round (alongside some guy sending me normal Azura, which is an odd choice but not like it matters since my Ryoma's still level 1).

The flux of free orbs is pretty nice since alongside the daily bonus rounds in the TT, it allowed me to get past 20 orbs again. After a few more Bartres and a Boey, I got a late Christmas present and unexpectedly pulled my New Years waifu. She's +SPD -RES to boot, which makes her even more of a frail paper doll, but I think it might be the best I can ask for outside of -HP (she gets -4 with both HP and RES). I finished the session and got a Triangle Adept 4* Roy as a bonus (+HP -ATK, still waiting on one who doesn't suck). If I have any leftover pulling luck for the month I yield it to you folks.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 03, 2018, 08:06:36 AM »
Does the pineapple wield a Brave Bow+ and have a fuckton of speed? Yeah, that one is probably mine. I've seen your Reinhardt around too.

I have some random Azura in my friendslist as well. Comes with, among other things, New Moon and Wings of Mercy 1. Who knows, might be the same one.

If I have any leftover pulling luck for the month I yield it to you folks.

Thanks, I need it... Nothing but colourless pulls, pity rate is nearly 3,75% again and still no Prince of Soup :(

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: January 04, 2018, 11:15:40 PM »
Good news: Team Lissa advances to the finals over the Bikini Party Winter.

Bad news: Team Ryoma can't upset of the year anymore (at least Sockittumi has been avenged, I guess).

Best news: I just made 3k in feathers and am in line for a very generous Cumulative payout.

Thanks Christmas Banner for not completely dicking me over. Granted, Lissa vs Azura will be a snooze off but at least I'll have more feathers in my near future. Now to get back to the T_T and all the daily shit that's still going on.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 05, 2018, 08:25:24 PM »
Went with Azura for the final round since I have her any everything. It will probably tank my overall rating but whatever. Hopefully blue shell shenanigans don't make it so that I have yet another VG under my belt where I get 0 round win feathers.

I really hope everyone used the survey to tell ISIS how godawful this mode is. It's lost any value as a popularity contest and it isn't really any fun on its own. I mean, if someone analyzed the data from the last few VGs they could probably get a pretty good projector for how people behave with their feathers and have a super accurate predictor, but at the end of it all it's still a boring mode where you have to play at specific times to get anything out of. Getting to play with units from your friends is pretty much the only good part of it.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: January 06, 2018, 04:26:08 AM »
Went with Azura for the final round since I have her any everything. It will probably tank my overall rating but whatever. Hopefully blue shell shenanigans don't make it so that I have yet another VG under my belt where I get 0 round win feathers.

I really hope everyone used the survey to tell ISIS how godawful this mode is. It's lost any value as a popularity contest and it isn't really any fun on its own. I mean, if someone analyzed the data from the last few VGs they could probably get a pretty good projector for how people behave with their feathers and have a super accurate predictor, but at the end of it all it's still a boring mode where you have to play at specific times to get anything out of. Getting to play with units from your friends is pretty much the only good part of it.

I did my part, but I probably should've bashed it harder in all honesty. But then, I was focusing my ire more towards AA which is also an unfun timesink due to having horribly unfun/unfair matchups, a daily demand on your participation, being mired in meta shit, and likes to screw you over by shutting down on the backhalf of the final day of the season. I don't even mix up the units, I just brute force it on the weeks where I even give enough of a fuck to do so (since all it tends to get me is 3 extra Coins/Pop Rocks).

Still called them out for running both a T_T and a VG which are both massive time and resource sinks (it's kinda amazing how much they're burning my time during my Winter Break with all these constant modes when the game was practically barren during Thanksgiving Break), and hell, they've replaced the just recently expired Lucius and Raven BHeB with another repeat of the Eirika & Ephraim BHeB (at least its a guaranteed sleepwalk, and the VG is almost over to boot).

The other other reason why I wasn't too hard on it was because I'm afraid they'll replace it with something far worse/more insidious.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: January 06, 2018, 05:48:33 AM »
For the daily quests of AA, I just go in with a single level 40 unit to run into only single-unit teams the whole way through on Beginner. First run of the day gives free Hero Merit so I can grab some on my lesser-used units. There's also a decent amount of people who throw up weaponless units that fall into about this score range to make it even easier.

I like the idea behind AA, getting us to use a lot more of our units and encouraging us to build multiple teams, but as you said, we're greatly encouraged to build a large of a baseline of specific units so we don't just get steamrolled by meta bullshit.

Recently I haven't had too much trouble getting deathless runs, but I'm lucky because I've pulled Deirdre, PA Inigo, and Rhajat to fill out my list of good Reinhardt counters. All the ones that are more accessible are only soft checks for him (Nino, Soren, Cecilia) unless you run TA, and then there are the trashy Greens that can get ORKO'd by him even if you do run TA (Boey, Merric).

BLyn really has no easy counters at all, her soft spot is her defense but she ignores a great deal of that part of the cast via her Prf or just running Firesweep, so usually my plans just involve getting a Brave Bow to put her down before she has a chance to pin my team (the few I've run into that run deflect missile can get bent). Dragons are a counter of sorts to her but there's so few of them in the game (and Fae probably needs Bowbreaker to beat her). They're also pretty expensive to build properly. I mean, you could probably get Leon/Gordin/Faye/etc to invalidate her with a Guard Bow build or something but it's pretty dumb to have to build such an specialized unit just for her.

Plus it's just getting worse all the time, the recent armor units/skills have created a great deal of builds for armors where you absolutely need to kill them on the first engagement, or risk getting nuked with a super powerful Ignis/Glacies. Tharja's probably the most dangerous since she comes with a kit for that. Ideally you would just bait her but that basically means you're required to run a blue mage or DC Lance. I've not run into Gunnthra in the Arena yet but I can only imagine she makes cavalrycancer so much worse by debuffing the unit which is very likely the be the one who you would be using to fight her or Reinhardt (lowest DEF probably means high RES).

Also, I managed to clear every single quest of the Eirika/Ephraim re-run in a single round with Olivia/Nino/Sharena/Anna. Funny to revisit these older maps from before the meta made them put 5* skills on everything.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: January 07, 2018, 01:56:07 AM »
Hey. FEHeroes player base. I know that you knew that Azura was going to win the day, but you didn't have to savagely beat team Lissa so thoroughly.

Oh well, I cleaned up pretty well by placing within the top 1k overall and top 10k for the round (would've been better but I kept worrying that Team Azura was going to stall so hard that I would've been faced with a lengthy Same Hell). Not bad for something that I couldn't really focus on due to the concurrently running T_T (which I'm at 69k right now; which goes to show why having both modes run at the same time is a bad idea), along with it being Winter Break and having to juggle playtime with the freetime devouring XBC2 and non-free time with the family.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 09, 2018, 03:03:55 AM »
On the upside, Lissa kept Tharja out of the finals. She's a true hero.

Meanwhile, I still don't have the new Takumi. I got my pity rate to 4%, but then there was this circle with nothing but red and green, and the orb I picked happened to be Azura. It could definately been worse of course, but I just want a Takumi...

As for AA, I send in a high value team first and attempt to beat my high score. If lose that opportunity, I switch to beginner matches and surrender after my third win.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 09, 2018, 06:54:16 AM »
The content flood is over and I've survived (and only left that one goddamn Orb on the table; fuck you AA). Made it to the 100k mark for the final set of Orbs and even dropped one more run for an extra 1k in Feathers.

Now to actually spend all of that goddamn loot I just picked up (I have enough Pop-rocks to straight convert into a shiny new Durandal for Eliwood).

R&D Edit: And what better way to spend it than to try for noted war criminal Micaiah, her Boy-Toy/father of Ike's children Sothe and not-Burger King because he's working for MiccyDonalds Zelgius (really? common, out of the 80+ characters and 50 or so non-Laguz we get a guy who's already got a clone; the Dawn Brigade gets screwed again). At least our next and currently most appropriate GHeB has finally arrived. Yes I'm talking about the most beautiful of all characters, Oliver. Also, there's to be a bunch of added updates like Trench warfare, even more Heroes Merit Awards, more Sacred Seal/Weapon Refinery options (here's hoping vanilla Roy and Eirika get some love nope but Cymbeline and Parthia got some) and our second t_t (hey they didn't forget; unfortunately they aren't looking to preserve the previous t_t's gift of a Common 40% unit).

Double Edit:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 11:55:17 PM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 11, 2018, 07:27:25 AM »
Having only played part of PoR and none of RD, I'm slightly peeved they just put out Burger King's identity like that. Yeah it's an old game but it's also the one the fewest people have played. That and he's a repeat character power creeping himself.

Micaiah voiced by Ash Ketchum is pretty cool, and she's a blue Julia stat wise which was a unfilled role (well Mae can kinda do that but she's just fast enough to invest in SPD). Sothe's C slot is the best Drive in the game though, and I hope he gets demoted despite having a PRF weapon because it means we'll get to have either that or finally have a 4* L&D3 option.

The content drought is sorta ending but until then I've been doing the Warriors maps on various units to save up some SP.

With HM increases seeming like they might be a regular thing I'm reconsidering sacrificing certain 5*s I had on the chopping block, particularly the Jaffar I have. He's -SPD which sucks, so I went and capped his HM to 3000 earlier and was thinking of eating him for L&D, but now I'm thinking of keeping him since it's really unlikely I'll ever pull exteas of him, and his best  role would be to chip with poison strike/savage blow instead of straight killing things anyway.