Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Valkyria Chronicles 4 - PS4, Xbox, Switch
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 07:04:04 AM »
After watching the trailer, I am cautiously optimistic. The winter campaign should at bare minimum make it feel different than the campaigns in 1 and 2 (and probably 3, but I have never played it). Also I like the tank designs for the Federation. Hopefully no one who worked on Revolution is also working on this. I'm not seeing any immediate warning signs, but Revolution exists so part of my brain has been questioning whether there was anyone with talent left at Sega. >.>

Hate to be the bearer of bad hype, but...http://www.siliconera.com/2017/11/20/valkyria-chronicles-4-shares-details-new-explosive-grenadier-class/

Producer is the same as Revolution.
« Last post by Ranadiel on Today at 06:35:23 AM »
After watching the trailer, I am cautiously optimistic. The winter campaign should at bare minimum make it feel different than the campaigns in 1 and 2 (and probably 3, but I have never played it). Also I like the tank designs for the Federation. Hopefully no one who worked on Revolution is also working on this. I'm not seeing any immediate warning signs, but Revolution exists so part of my brain has been questioning whether there was anyone with talent left at Sega. >.>
« Last post by mecharobot on Today at 05:29:55 AM »
Should be good news, except the Switch part. Hope this doesn't gut the game into empty husk like Nintendo RPGs tend to be.
« Last post by Rook on Today at 02:27:09 AM »
no cleavage: 2/10

not going to buy.

In all seriousness, while VC1 was my favorite game of the PS3 era, Sega RPGs seem to have a track record of being one of the best games ever or turning their IPs into gutter trash. So I'm going to temper my enthusiasm but its a good start.
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 12:53:10 AM »
I see that it's time to march onto not-Russia during the winter. I'm certain the greatest challenge to face this new generation of heroes are bathhouse peeping toms and the requisite bad cook's dishes.

Also, thank god they aren't shoving this onto the Vita in any capacity.

I don't know who left Sega, but these recent developments are highly uncharacteristic of their SOP.
« Last post by Alisha on Yesterday at 11:44:07 PM »
i kinda hope they remaster 2 and 3 or something
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Warriors
« Last post by Smashking on Yesterday at 07:11:28 PM »
My review is up for the game now, and I'm ready to accept the hate mail at any time :D
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Ys VIII
« Last post by Rook on Yesterday at 06:20:55 PM »
If the translation was this bad why didn't they just delay both versions instead of releasing the PS4 version early. I'm just thinking right now of saying alright you know i'm not going to wait until next year to play it i'm just going to start playing it I mean the translation isn't bad to the point where it's unplayable there's just alot of errors.
The translation isn't terrible.

Technically the translation isn't wrong. That is a big hole.
Game Journals / Re: Retro Encounter Podcast Thread
« Last post by Raven on Yesterday at 02:43:03 PM »
Thanks for the quick fix, I did not run into any further issues after re-downloading it. It was fun to hear FF9 being praised into the heavens :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10