Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 04:54:04 PM »
No idea why @Tomara 's post made me want to give her a reassuring hug.  Maybe going through a bunch of old college emails this week has made me sentimental.

MORE sentimental than normal, that is.
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Tomara on Today at 04:21:32 PM »
The owner of the bow I'm currently using has second thoughts about selling it. He says it's because the bow was made for him specifically and thus not a perfect fit for me (a woman a head shorter than him), and that's certainly true. I won't be able to get as much power out of it as he can. However, it's more than good enough for my meager ambitions. They often forget, but I am at that age where there's just not much time left for serious competition. Plus, I have no interest in that anyway. I enjoy archery and I enjoy using this bow.

And let's be honest, it'd be hard to find a perfect fit within my budget. And I don't care about a perfect fit anyway. I'm used to hand-me-downs and things that are held together with ducttape. I'm used to working around that. If something fits just right, it just feels wrong. Like I'm not supposed to have it.

The true reason he's having second thoughts is a sentimental one. This was his first serious bow. He entered competitions with this, made great steps forward. And at the same time he also hates this bow, because he's a competitive perfectionist who wasn't able to achieve his goals. This is the bow that caused so much frustration, he switched to compound. He loves it and doesn't want to part with it, and he hates it and is affraid I'll be consumed by the same frustration he was.

I get that though. Letting go of things can be hard.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: FF12 HD - Zodiac Age
« Last post by Isjaki on Today at 03:54:46 PM »
But it is really hot in Ivalice...........

Lolololololol
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Tomara on Today at 03:46:51 PM »
I'm pretty much running on Desperation, so no healer for me (and my favourites, Sakura, Elise and Priscilla, all maxed their HM already anyway).

Poor Takumi is left with 1HP at the end of every run, but there are few units he can't take down:

I'm thinking about replacing Threaten Spd (because really, the only units that he isn't able to double are incredibly fragile), but I don't have any spare Threaten Defs and I'm running low on Fortifies as well.

Takumi's main T_T problems are boss Ike and random overpowered Henries and Robins, but that's where Soren comes in. Those two work surprisingly well together. *cough* If I hadn't had an Ike, they'd probably be S-supporting eachother right now *cough*

Edit: was just looking at the FEH wiki, and man, the German version of the game is mean! Takumi's title there is 'The eternal second'. Weirdly enough, all the other units I checked seem to have titles that are very similar to the English version (which makes sense, Nintendo Europe often translates their games from English). Maybe the Germans have their own Takumi memes the translator felt the need to include?
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 02:36:06 PM »
No, not even Luso (and certainly no Nomura designs I can easily think of) reaches the level of awful that is Bondage Fran or Regal Princess/Rebel Leader Ashe's Medieval Pink Miniskirt.
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 01:59:13 PM »
@MonCapitan2002 - I mostly agree with you, except I really don't care for NPCs dressing like strippers either.  That's really the only difference.  But Fran and Ashe's outfits, especially, are probably the two worst outfits ever designed for any FF character.  Can anyone think of an FF character with a worse outfit (besides folks like Red XIII, who don't technically have outfits)?

I do have to say, Chris Lightfellow is one of the most well designed JRPG characters of all time, and I say that without ever having played Suiko 3.  On appearance alone, she is striking and memorable.  No need to show skin.

Also, that was Cloud of Darkness you linked, not Ultimecia.

Original Mobius protag design was worse (than Ashe's).
Cindy's design was worse (than Ashe's).
Celes' in-game outfit was worse (than Ashe's).

Otherwise, no... not much. And yeah, my main issue with Fran isn't even her outfit being too revealing, it's that it's too revealing AND is nowhere near in-line with the rest of her race.

Celes' In-game outfit was essentially Rosa's Official Art outfit (FF4 because apparently I need to be specific about this). Celes' OA is actually much better (if still not particularly functional as a General's outfit).

As for worse outfits, pick a random Nomura design, and chances are good that you found one (hell, I'mma throw Squall under this bus, that jacket is way too short for those sleeves/thickness/fur collar, and what the hell are those pants? Black Jeans? Leather? Sweats with pockets?).

Alternatively, Luso (I used to have the image, but apparently, its been lost to the Turbo Ether).
« Last post by Aeolus on Today at 01:37:48 PM »
Day 2 and it's official, life is soooo much easier with a 1.4x unit. Takumi and Soren do most of the killing, Ike protects them and occasionally baits some units, and Ninian cheers them on. The downside is that out of the four of them, Soren is the most adept at taking down boss Ike. ... I feel a little bad about that.

This time last T_T I was doing maybe 13k if things had been going well. This time, I'm almost up to 20k for almost the same amount of effort (its a Turkey Day miracle).

Although I think its the fact that I have far better units to throw at this thing what with Braves Lyn and Roy, Mia and whichever healbot of choice I wish to level (I've still got Wrys, Clarine, Lissa and Priscilla left to grind (and Elise if I ever pull her)). AI's still retarded as fuck, but it doesn't matter as much since Elroy will Galeforce 9 times out of 10.
« Last post by Tomara on Today at 10:34:30 AM »
Day 2 and it's official, life is soooo much easier with a 1.4x unit. Takumi and Soren do most of the killing, Ike protects them and occasionally baits some units, and Ninian cheers them on. The downside is that out of the four of them, Soren is the most adept at taking down boss Ike. ... I feel a little bad about that.

^ Thanks for turning me onto that. I love ambient/instrumental stuff.
« Last post by Klutz64 on Today at 09:48:17 AM »
@MonCapitan2002 - I mostly agree with you, except I really don't care for NPCs dressing like strippers either.  That's really the only difference.  But Fran and Ashe's outfits, especially, are probably the two worst outfits ever designed for any FF character.  Can anyone think of an FF character with a worse outfit (besides folks like Red XIII, who don't technically have outfits)?

I do have to say, Chris Lightfellow is one of the most well designed JRPG characters of all time, and I say that without ever having played Suiko 3.  On appearance alone, she is striking and memorable.  No need to show skin.

Also, that was Cloud of Darkness you linked, not Ultimecia.

Original Mobius protag design was worse (than Ashe's).
Cindy's design was worse (than Ashe's).
Celes' in-game outfit was worse (than Ashe's).

Otherwise, no... not much. And yeah, my main issue with Fran isn't even her outfit being too revealing, it's that it's too revealing AND is nowhere near in-line with the rest of her race.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10