Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
The Soundroom / Re: Favorite Albums of 2017
« Last post by Frostillicus on Yesterday at 10:26:59 AM »
^ Can't say I'm surprised by your assessment of the album. I haven't actually heard any of it yet, but I did watch some early live performances of the group some months ago on Youtube. "Underwhelming" would be an understatement. I didn't even watch a whole song, it was so ...uninteresting. It's like they are mainly doing it because they can. Not because they actually give so much of a crap.
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Frostillicus on Yesterday at 10:18:14 AM »
I don't care enough about Star Trek to have a real opinion. I like Tarentino though and the last two Star Trek movies were some of the worst films I've seen, so it can only go up for me.
^ Pretty much this.

Tarantino does come across as an egotistical douche, but he is definitely not a hack.
« Last post by Starmongoose on Yesterday at 10:12:19 AM »
I don't care enough about Star Trek to have a real opinion. I like Tarentino though and the last two Star Trek movies were some of the worst films I've seen, so it can only go up for me.
« Last post by Arvis on Yesterday at 10:09:52 AM »
I'm sure there's a reason Tarantino's films are popular, but I certainly don't know what it could be.
« Last post by Rucks on Yesterday at 09:36:06 AM »
Tarrantino is NOT a hack.  But for the love of Zeus don't let him anywhere near Star Trek.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Pokemon
« Last post by Hathen on Yesterday at 09:25:39 AM »
Double post, but it's been a month so why not, and I assume anybody who was going to get the game probably already has it.

Even though I wasn't terribly interested in it, I got Ultra Moon basically for free after my brother bought a two-pack. I'm a big enough cheapo to appreciate a free game, that's for sure.

Played the game a bit over the last few weeks it's been out, and I finished the game's main story. This time I decided to go with a Frankenstein's monster of a team which is different from my usual OCD method of only using Pokemon new to the gen. Endgame team was Ninetales-A, Dhelmise, Volcarona, Mantine, Magnezone and Tyrantrum. Volcarona ended up being way more overleveled than the other team members because I wanted it to evolve before I finished the game, which it did literally at the doorsteps of the Pokemon League. Wasn't sure what they were thinking when they made it evolve at level 59 until it started killing everything.

MVP of the playthrough was the Magnemite line though, it was available early and was just consistently useful. Disappointment of the playthrough was once again the Ice type. I even went and bred Snow Warning, Freeze-Dry and Moonblast on the thing but it was mainly useful for looking really pretty, which it does quite well. It did eat a couple Dragon/Flying/Dark types at the end though so it did something at least.

Some general thoughts on the game:

The Good
-Expanded Pokedex and Move Tutors are per usual third version content gating tactics
-They fixed some of the annoying things about using Poke-Pelago
-Mina's trial was a nice prelude to the Pokemon League
-They didn't need to do it, but Victory Road is actually a dungeon this time
-The new minigames are actually kinda fun, but they do get old pretty quick

The Bad
-When they marketed the game as having "twice the story", what they really meant was that they added a couple lines and made a few pretty hallway areas (I'd probably enjoy a whole game set in Ultra Megalopolis to be honest). The story changes even derail Lusamine's character somewhat. The story's like 90% the same really.
-No new Alolan Forms
-Personally I'm kinda disappointed they only remixed the normal battle and normal trainer of the battle themes

The Irritating
-Roto-Loto is just a crappier and less wieldy version of O-Powers
-Rotomdex never shuts up while having text scroll annoyingly slowly (this is probably the most worst thing in the whole game, let me use the minimap already)

Also I changed the title of the thread. A new Pokemon comes out almost every year so might as well just have a dedicated thread to it I figure.
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Hathen on Yesterday at 09:05:52 AM »
Annoying to miss out on every single victory feather, but more annoying to see Tharja win again.

Whatever the case it doesn't seem like there's going to be a lot going on until the end of the month. A few maps here and there which are just elaborate ways to give us free orbs pretty much. Well, so far the ones today seem decently challenging at least. After I do these I'll have pretty much nothing to spend stamina on at this point. I promoted another Nino to 5* so I could have another unit to level up. This one's +SPD -DEF as opposed to the -HP one I already had, and I'll probably keep the new one because those 3 points of HP will probably allow her to just barely survive Reinhardt.
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Tomara on Yesterday at 03:05:55 AM »
Sigurd's dreams of victory... burned to the ground by some yandere with her tits hanging out.

Also, is it me or is Tharja trying to destroy everything Seliph loves? First Julia, now Sigurd. I hope he gets a chance to avenge them.
« Last post by Kevadu on Yesterday at 02:58:09 AM »
Star Trek was already ruined once J.J. Abrams got his filthy hands on it anyway.
« Last post by Electricb7 on Yesterday at 02:17:52 AM »
Quentin Tarantino is definitely not overrated and most certainly not a hack. He is weird though.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10