Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Top 10 Story-Driven RPGs
« Last post by Dincrest on March 05, 2018, 06:06:21 PM »
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (another classic more people should play)

I've heard amazing things about Bloodlines.  I never got to play it because my PC at the time was too pitiful to run it, and by the time I could run it, Troika went under and the game was still really buggy and without patches. 

On another note, I'm surprised that I'm still the only person in this thread who mentioned Planescape: Torment.  I know I'm not the only one who played it. 
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Kevadu on March 05, 2018, 01:14:06 PM »
Driving while obeying traffic laws.

Oh, this.  So much this.

Also, knowing where your feet are.
« Last post by Agent D. on March 05, 2018, 12:37:30 PM »
The Soundroom / Re: Dincrest needs music recommendations again
« Last post by Frostillicus on March 05, 2018, 10:03:08 AM »
While not one of my favorite bands, Winston McCall of Parkway Drive is an impressive metal vocalist. Nice amount of range (no cleans), and he enunciates well.

« Last post by Ranadiel on March 05, 2018, 06:33:14 AM »

This got me thinking about something.  While so many things are far easier in video games than in real life (e.g. fishing, karate fighting, even dating), what instances are there where doing the real thing is easier than the video game? 
Driving while obeying traffic laws.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Things you can't bear in a JRPG
« Last post by bigdeath on March 04, 2018, 08:01:48 PM »
Pet Peeves

1) Very slow starts where you can go several hours before getting any action at all. Looking at you, persona series

2) excessive grind - e.g. - Tales of Beseria where I want skip fights because there reward is low and theres SO MANY of them. At least there are no random battles so I often can skip them.

3) tedious crafting/upgrade system. Sigh, once again Tales of Beseria.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Top 10 Story-Driven RPGs
« Last post by bigdeath on March 04, 2018, 07:12:07 PM »
A whole lot of olf JRPGs being listed. My list is probably a bit different

In no particular order (because I'm terrible at ranking stuff I love):

Nier Automata
Witcher 3
Mass Effect 2
Deus EX (the original)
Baldur's Gate 2
Knights of the old republic
Tyranny (not enough people know about this little gem)
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (another classic more people should play)
Final Fantasy XIII (No seriously, I love this game and its characters lol So what if its super linear? I had a ton of fun playing this game)

I'm sure that last one will cause big disagreements. lol
The Soundroom / Dincrest needs music recommendations again
« Last post by Dincrest on March 04, 2018, 04:29:53 PM »
As most of you know, I love metal.  However, I've noticed that as much as I enjoy harsh vocals, I'm starting to veer away from the more incoherent growlers who enunciate poorly.  I'm into lyrics and several of these bands put great effort into crafting meaningful lyrics, yet when I'm listening in my car I can't really "sing" along since I can't quite make out what they're saying because they enunciate all mush-mouthed. 

I first noticed this when listening to the new Rivers of Nihil song "The Silent Life" (great song) and was able to understand a lot of the words without consulting a lyric sheet. 

So, anyway, who are some good harsh vocalists who enunciate well and can be understood? 

I'm already familiar with Mikael Åkerfeldt (Opeth), Paul Kuhr (Novembers Doom), Devin Townsend, and sometimes Johan Hegg (Amon Amarth) and Burton C. Bell (Fear Factory) but I'm looking for more.  I figured that since RPGFan is a hotbed for fellow metalheads, I would call upon thee. 
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Aeolus on March 04, 2018, 03:14:41 PM »
Well the Arvis ReGHeB quests folded like a cheap suit with a party of Alfonse, Arvis, Fjorm and Summer Tiki (still need to drop Arvis with Alfonse but hell, if I don't farm one up from the AA, I can always just put the ReGHeB on repeat and have him land the KO instead).

Managed to salvage my Legendary Banner pity rate with a +Def/-Res Gunnthra (aka +1 fodder for my current +Spd/-Atk Gunnthra and a Wind Blessing for my Sothe once I get one at 5 stars). Aside from Dorcas and maybe the Mia with slightly better traits (she really doesn't have much in the way of HP so she'd be taking a hit in the pantsu there), I didn't do too hot this banner (I'm doomed to be short an ear of Scummer Corn, let alone failing to pick up either of the other summer units I missed the first time around). Could've been worse though.

And speaking of worse, this is a terrible round to be on Dire Celica's team. The Taco-me can't even pull ahead with multiple multipliers going for him and I'm still inundated by Red trolls (and that Brave Lyn who failed me last round is now my regular support, which at least is a step up from Level 1 Anna). At least despite the dickishness of round 1's eliminations, I still have three of the four remaining VG units so there's no way I can get screwed out of the Bonus unit bonus (beyond not getting anything but the VG unit's color + whatever your currently locked friend's sporting).

Edit: For the Falchion banner, I ended up pulling a 3 star Adult Tiki as my free pull (also good fucking luck trying to get anybody specific out of this banner, lol). At least for the 4/5 star banner, I managed to walk away with a free 4 star Roy.

Taco Edit: Took 4 stamina pots, an Abel, and a whole mountain of rekerjiggers, but I managed to put down Inferno Conquestumi using a party of Cecilia, Ursula, Brave Roy and Axzura. Whew. Now that the most pressing matters have been attended to, I'm finally able to polish off the two sets of Feb Story Mode quests as well as March's Infantry Training Tower quest.

VG Edit the 3rd: And the feathers keep on rolling in. Now its down to Tasteless Joke Celica versus Grendel.

April Fourth Edit: And woot! There it is. Alright now, what's March's banner then?

Ninfivedo Direct Edit: You know, its so highly unusual to get a banner announcement so far in advance that I suspect that the recently announced Nintendo Direct will not only have actual deets on FE Switch, but that whomever gets announced during said Direct will end up as March's banner (don't worry Leif, you'll get in before the next FE Lord does (provided FEH is still around by then......)).

Meanwhile Team "Seriously? Why the fuck did they make her even worse!?" Celica has no chance of winning this VG, but I don't give a fuck because I'm still cleaning the hell up, -100 Flags be dammed. I guess that's the one thing I actually do like about this mode is that I don't need to obsess over spreadsheets, IVs, merges and the RNG to kick some serious Whale Tail.

The Sixth Alt Edit: Welp. We're getting Alt Chrom, both Morgans and T_T Gerome for the next round of units (I guess Awakening needed its kids too). I guess Leif can breath a sigh of re'Leif' after all. Also, holy crap on a crap cracker, Chrom is seriously busted (he gets an almost straight up superior Beloved Zofia, plus Chill Def for maximum 'fuck off and die', on top of a horse and free Fury for maximum powercreep). Meanwhile Female Morgan makes my missing of Scummer Corn less painful for being a Flier with a Blue Guard Bow+ Tome and Male Morgan shits all over non-Sothe/Nekura Dagger users all over again.

The Seventh Sacred Seal Edit: Rival Domains is cute so far, lets see how long that lasts since it looks to be a weekly thing (make sure to KO at least 20 units before taking out the Castle for maximum points). Blessed Gardens rewards Mountain Dew, which makes it automatically good/cool but is the weaker of the two new modes. The new T_T will be fought on Grima, against Grima. Wouldn't be surprised if the last 40% unit was Grima and Gerome is the Unit Reward.

Eirika's Forge changed her from the Bosley of Bladetome's Angels to Empress Enemy Phase as she copies the highest Buff on a stat from any ally within 2 tiles. She'll also keep her Atk+4 Buff so that she'll basically automatically grant herself Atk+4 whenever anyone's near. Assembling a Tactics Team grants her +12 to a mess of stats. Pair her with Axzura, 5 star Sothe and/or a Forged Light Breath+ user for a solid alternative. Soren's new weapon grants him Chill Atk 3 and the forge also turns it into an Owltome. Lol at Leo's Forge taking away his Gravity effect for reversed Deflect Magic (Magic Deflect?) and a sorta Earthsweep effect where he can shutdown followup attacks if his Def (such as it is) surpasses his enemy's. At least his Magic Deflect can be paired with Deflect Magic for Mage Tanking.
« Last post by Klutz64 on March 04, 2018, 11:30:40 AM »
Winning a killing game would be easier in real life, because I wouldn't rely on elaborate plans that involve a mountain of props and traps to be later used as evidence.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]