Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 11:27:19 PM »
All this talk about the Megaman X Legacy Collection motivated me to replay MMX1 for the umpteenth time. Still a solid game, even if yeah, the weapons aren't particularly good in this (aside from Storm Eagle's and Flame Mammoth's) and the Helmet Upgrade and Hadoken being worthless (Vile still nosells the bloody thing).
Anime, TV, and Movies / Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 11:22:54 PM »
Watching the new FMP made me realize how little I remember about FMP.
I hope they trickle down some info at the start because I'm pretty lost about the plot already =/

Good luck with this. They're bumrushing the plot and they already skipped some filler (with the only detail of consequence being the end of the already barely there love triangle between Sousuke, Kaname and Tessa).

At least I'm happy that they're trying to keep it set in its original time period, given how anachronistic some of the future tech ends up being compared to what we got today.
Anime, TV, and Movies / Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Last post by Rook on Yesterday at 09:03:34 PM »

Hinamatsuri
Now THIS! THIS is my recommendation. It is hilarious.
A yakuza ends up giving shelter to a psychic young girl. Wacky things ensue.
The side cast is also incredible. Goddamn Mishima Hitomi is a goldmine of humor.

THIS.....is amazing

I also watched about 15 minutes of P5 and decided I like the not yet existent dub better and will just wait for that.
General Discussions / Re: Youtube
« Last post by Dincrest on Yesterday at 08:20:39 PM »
This 11-12 year old bassist's groove, pocket, and phrasing are incredible for one so young.  The force is mighty with this one.  He plays with a maturity that many adults can't muster. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_VcWaKS_eA
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Horizon Zero Dawn
« Last post by Agent D. on Yesterday at 05:16:56 PM »
I'm probably going to give this game a go around once I've dusted off Tales of Beseria and Whys VIII.

Yeah... glad you did that edit. It was pretty tactless prior.

Also, I got the wrong forums poster. I was thinking that Artimicia managed to somehow unbanninate his/herself to post about the game, which is what I thought Arvis' comment was about (now I have no fucking clue as to what he meant).

Also also, there are too many goddamn forums posters who's usernames start with the letter 'A'.
Arvis was referring to Alisha having a very minor complaint about the game, which is incredibly rare for her. She must really like it to co plain about such a minor thing.
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Dincrest on Yesterday at 06:11:15 AM »

tl;dr - Selling my PC and getting a PS4. No hate for PCs. Just not currently working out for me.

Lately, it's been the opposite for me.  I've been finding myself veering away from consoles/handhelds in favor of playing games on my PC.  It helps that the kinds of games I like on consoles are very available on PC these days and that I have a good gamepad.  I don't have that great a PC now and there are other things in my life I'm saving up for, but I've been able to play some pretty solid games (for the site) and would definitely like a gaming PC in the future.  I may be done with handhelds since those tiny screens aren't helping my already poor eyesight and holding those things for long periods of time doesn't agree with my hands. 
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 12:11:35 AM »
I'm probably going to give this game a go around once I've dusted off Tales of Beseria and Whys VIII.

Yeah... glad you did that edit. It was pretty tactless prior.

Also, I got the wrong forums poster. I was thinking that Artimicia managed to somehow unbanninate his/herself to post about the game, which is what I thought Arvis' comment was about (now I have no fucking clue as to what he meant).

Also also, there are too many goddamn forums posters who's usernames start with the letter 'A'.
The Soundroom / Re: Good musicians in meh bands
« Last post by Dincrest on April 20, 2018, 09:26:45 PM »
In a similar vein, Alyssa White-Gluz is a far better vocalist than is shown in Arch Enemy, who have grown increasingly stale, musically.  Her work with The Agonist is far more dynamic. 

Oh, another one I just remembered.  Matt Rubano, bassist of Taking Back Sunday from 2003-2010.  That band was the most generic emo tripe out there, but Rubano was a fantastic bassist.  Dude was a Berklee grad, did tons of session work with top-notch musicians (like jazz guitarist John Scofield), basically he's an elite level musician who was way too good for such a lame band. 

EDIT: Another biggie is that forgettable late 80s/early 90s rock band Mr. Big.  Bassist Billy Sheehan was easily a far more advanced musician than anyone in that band and he is one of my favorite bass players.  His body of work outside Mr. Big is where it's at.  He's still very actively playing like a thunderous beast, and everyone else in Mr. Big went nowhere. 

Oh, and I may have to put drummer Ray Luzier in there.  I became an instant fan of Luzier's complex and technically proficient drumming after hearing the Hideous Sun Demons: his jazz-fusion project with bassist James LoMenzo and guitarist Toshi Hiketa.  Luzier now plays for KoRn.  I stopped paying attention to KoRn after their third album and think their material since then hasn't been as inspired. 

You know, I could cry foul all I want about some of these folks sold out or whatnot, but from their perspective they could say they sold in and laughed all the way to the bank while their bands were moneymakers. 
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom announced!
« Last post by MonCapitan2002 on April 20, 2018, 08:00:06 PM »
Agreed on Goldpaw.  I also think Hydropolis is also particularly impressive.  I also like the Sky Pirates base.
« Last post by MonCapitan2002 on April 20, 2018, 07:57:05 PM »
I have the game downloaded myself.  I plan to get into it once I clear my backlog.  My tentative plan is beat Ni No Kuni II and get the Plat.  Then play a shorter game, then tackle two of my back log games.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10