Author Topic: super robot wars topic

Hathen and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Alisha

• View Profile
Re: super robot wars topic
« Reply #300 on: Yesterday at 08:26:11 AM »
SRW T for ps4 and switch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPThsaYrwBw

some weird stuff in here like coybow beebop and magic knight rayearth. though i hate it i'm sure people will be happy about the return of G gundam.

Getter Armageddon
Might Gaine
Gunbuster
Z Gundam
ZZ Gundam
Char's Counterattack
Trider G7
Dunbine
Three VOTOMses are back
All the Crossbone Gundam stuff is back
Nadesico Movie
GaoGaiGar
Gun x Sword
G Gundam
Dunbine OVA
Mazinger Z Infinity
Expelled from Paradise
Cowboy Bebop
Harlock SSX (wtf is even this?)
Rayearth TV

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: Yesterday at 11:57:44 AM »
SRW T for ps4 and switch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPThsaYrwBw

some weird stuff in here like coybow beebop and magic knight rayearth. though i hate it i'm sure people will be happy about the return of G gundam.

Getter Armageddon
Might Gaine
Gunbuster
Z Gundam
ZZ Gundam
Char's Counterattack
Trider G7
Dunbine
Three VOTOMses are back
All the Crossbone Gundam stuff is back
Nadesico Movie
GaoGaiGar
Gun x Sword
G Gundam
Dunbine OVA
Mazinger Z Infinity
Expelled from Paradise
Cowboy Bebop
Harlock SSX (wtf is even this?)
Rayearth TV

No Cross Ange or Gundam SEED Destiny? Yes!

Yes Prince of Darkness? No!

TWO Yushas in one SRW!? HELL YEAH!!!

Cool that they got Harlock to replace Yamato (and fair enough as 2202 isn't all the way out yet and doesn't get the mulligan that Rebuild of EVA got). (To answer your question about Harlock, it could be best described as 'What if Yamato, but Space Pirates'; also some prime crossover material between it and Crossbone Gundam.)

Also, now that we've have Harlock and Yamato in subsequent games, here's hoping the next one can also get Macross for this:

No idea what they're going to do with Rayearth beyond just handing out the robots and going "There you go, now shut the hell up nerds!". At least they've got GunXSword to hang off of (would've liked Escaflowne better; but this is serviceable and, truth be told, a fairly good alternative). Also they're in a game with motherfucking VOTOMs

Cowboy Bebop doesn't have any proper mechs per se, but there's enough variety within the casts' jets, plus the Swordfish and soundtrack could easily carry the entry.

I also see that Xenoblade 2 got in (unofficially and on a technicality (and not really, but at least more people can finally get the joke about Mythra == Angela Ballsack (or whatever her last name was))).

Hopefully Dunbine gets more than a few mechs and/or Wings of Rean again.

And last but not least, Gunbuster, G Gundam AND GaoGaiGar (also Getter Armageddon, but it doesn't have 4Gs in its title; also also GunXSword and its Retired Mexican Sentai GaoGaiGar team) all in the same game.

There's also something something mobage gatcha something....

Edit: Btw, just for reference, here's what the usual pre-announcement fake leak list looked like this time:

(translated names: Zambot 3, Daitarn 3, Aura Battler Dunbine, Gundam ZZ, Char's Counterattack, Victory Gundam , Gundam Wing EW, Gundam SEED Destiny, Gundam Unicorn, Gundam IBO, Cross Ange, New Getter Robo, Mazinger Z Infinity, Gaogaigar and Gaogaigar FINAL, Sakura Taisen, Saber Marionette J, Chouja Raideen, and Macross Delta)

Now compare and contrast to what we actually got this time and be amazed.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:20:44 PM by Aeolus »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: Yesterday at 08:22:15 PM »
Yeah, Escaflowne would've been pretty nice to go alongside Rayearth (plus like 5 people owned a Wonderswan so nobody played the one it was in). That being said, they're really continuing their trend of adding some rather odd choices to SRW. I guess once they decided Yamato was in it made sense to start putting in other series only containing ships but no actual robots. Though Saber Marionette J being on that fake list probably should've been a red flag regardless, human-sized units are even rarer in the series (though with this game I suppose we might get to use Cyborg Guy again).

Also it looks like this game will be another one recycling a ton of animations- to be fair after a certain point there's really no point in trying to one-up your Fin Funnel and Breast Fire animations anymore, but it does make me wonder if they're going to start another serialized SRW soon, time seems to be about right for that.

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: Yesterday at 08:59:42 PM »
screw that i'm still kinda salty we got 2 mainline games and not OG3

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: Today at 12:38:58 AM »
screw that i'm still kinda salty we got 2 mainline games and not OG3

You mean one mainline game and one piece of shit mobage (I mean sure, its a better stab at it than XO ever was or will be, but its still worthless to me).

At any rate, I'm hoping it'll be available out here on the Switch without jumping through too many hoops, since I can live with the increasingly improved Singlish and it'd be a great piece of software to have on the go.

Yeah, Escaflowne would've been pretty nice to go alongside Rayearth (plus like 5 people owned a Wonderswan so nobody played the one it was in). That being said, they're really continuing their trend of adding some rather odd choices to SRW. I guess once they decided Yamato was in it made sense to start putting in other series only containing ships but no actual robots. Though Saber Marionette J being on that fake list probably should've been a red flag regardless, human-sized units are even rarer in the series (though with this game I suppose we might get to use Cyborg Guy again).

Also it looks like this game will be another one recycling a ton of animations- to be fair after a certain point there's really no point in trying to one-up your Fin Funnel and Breast Fire animations anymore, but it does make me wonder if they're going to start another serialized SRW soon, time seems to be about right for that.

Cyborg Guy!? You mean Cyborg Gai?

But yeah, Saber Marionette J and Sakura Taisen are this particular "leaker's" MO as they have found their way onto the last several pre-stream 'leaks' without fail (I guess I could see the latter happening these days due to the rumors of Sakura Wars VI possibly being in the works, but both of them together is a dead giveaway). As for footies, hell, we got fucking Rayearth, which is 90% on foot action (its pretty much a Shoujo JRPG Adventure until the 'suddenly, giant robots' at the end), nevermind Spike Spegal's Bruce Lee style kung fu or his occasional arsenal for dealing with Vicious, or SUPER ASIA!.

And while it'll be unfortunate to have so many recycled animations, I'm hoping that they'll at least redo GGG and Gun X Sword as neither have seen the series since W and K respectfully.

Hopefully, regardless as to the visual quality, we could at least have a setting that isn't just "Oops! All multiverse." again. I want to see Judau and the Crossbone folks actually deal with the Jovians, STMU/Buster Machine 3, and possibly some of the GGG villains (since we aren't getting GaoGaiGar Final) among other shenanigans.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.