Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussions / Re: Whats the haps?
« Last post by Rucks on Today at 04:53:37 PM »
went golfing this morning.  I stink but I had a lot of fun.  One of the guys in my group played poorly and was furious about it. Throwing clubs and swearing and acting like a tool.  I never understood why people pay $30 a pop so they can be angry for 3 hours. Just enjoy that you're outside with your friends on a beautiful day.
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Frostillicus on Yesterday at 10:31:14 AM »
BoF IV is best BoF, stick with it.  The payoff is one of the most gut wrenching scenes in the history of JRPGs. I literal teared up. 

I do want to keep at it, because I've had a good time up until this point.
...I'm currently still stuck at that dungeon. Kind of losing interest, because I've tried a bunch of times, and it's just really stupid.
I think I'm going to watch a youtube video of someone playing through that part (if one exists), so I can just get on with it.

Resonance of Fate - Encountered a difficulty drop in Chapter 13 where I simply had to give presents to children, but it shot straight back up even more in Chapter 14, where even normal encounters in the next story dungeon are kicking my butt. I am slightly racking up breakable items and to a lesser extent levels, and when I get enough hexes of a certain color I might link them to the arena and try it again (I'm stuck on a battle with four ailment-inflicting ogres).

It gets worse. As I've mentioned: It's the only game I've ever permanently rage-quit while in the final dungeon. The difficulty spikes (even between battles in the same dungeon) are straight up ridiculous. Good luck.

My own journal: HZD - Level 29. Roughly 35 hours. I've unlocked all cores, and have overridden all of the tall necks. Just kind of farting around, taking out bandit camps and corruption zones at this point. I'm starting to feel a bit burned out though, so I think I'm going to beeline the main quest line for a bit so that I feel like true progress is being made. Well..., I'll do that after I get myself a Bellowback heart so that I can get the best stealth outfit. It's proving to be a bit annoying through, because those fuckers never seem to drop any...
I'm not going to bother with the hunting grounds, or tedious gathering quests (metal flowers and the like).
« Last post by Der Jermeister on May 23, 2018, 09:40:04 PM »
BTW, @Aeolus, what's LoZ:TH?

Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes.

I was posting about it a little while back, before I started digging in to RS2. I'm only really playing this one now because its kinda infamously unplayable without three people and the online died shortly after launch. Right now I've lucked into some randoms and I'm hoping to ride them for as long as I still can.
Ah, okay. I played some more Breath of the Wild this evening and have to soothe the water beast with shock arrows, but I got somewhat confused when I was tasked with getting twenty shock arrows, since apparently after looking at a guide I found that I only needed to put out the four orbs on the beast's back. I didn't finish the battle since I didn't know how long it would take, but I don't like it when games leave you confused like that.
« Last post by Aeolus on May 23, 2018, 09:07:43 PM »

Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes.

I was posting about it a little while back, before I started digging in to RS2. I'm only really playing this one now because its kinda infamously unplayable without three people and the online died shortly after launch. Right now I've lucked into some randoms and I'm hoping to ride them for as long as I still can.
Brush and Quill / Re: Book Thread Continued
« Last post by Jimmy on May 23, 2018, 06:55:23 PM »
I finally got around to finishing A Walk Among the Tombstones by Lawrence Block. It was good, but too long and a tad on the anti-climactic side. I was also scratching my head at the excessive violence and gore at the end. I get it, the book is pretty gritty and the characters are far from heroic, but dang, it was pretty over the top even for them, I think.

Prior to that I read Armada by Ernest Cline. I really enjoyed Ready Player One (though I understand a lot of the criticism against it), but Armada took way too long to break away from all the tropes it relies on. By the time it did, it didn't really try to develop its own interesting aspects very much, and so it was ultimately just an okay book.

Now I'm reading The Name of the Wind. I've had it around for several years at this point, but am just now getting to it.
« Last post by Jimmy on May 23, 2018, 06:37:33 PM »
I collected enough Koroks to finish upgrading my various stashes in BotW, and decided to finally call it quits after 14 months of playing it almost exclusively. I clocked 250 hours into it, though I think the last 60 or so have been just dicking around and finding Koroks and chests. After I finished all the main and DLC content, I found it to be a pretty relaxing game to play, so it was nice to just play it and unwind after a long day at school/grading freshman comp papers. Nevertheless, I finally decided to put it down and turn my attention elsewhere.

And elsewhere is finally getting around to Bravely Second! I got it shortly after it came out a couple of years ago, but haven't had a chance to get to it until now. I'm about ten hours in and finding it pretty enjoyable so far. The humor has been pretty fun again so far, and battles are fun. Not sure where it's going story-wise yet, but hopefully it won't get as infuriating and repetitive as its predecessor. I'm not really impressed by the Charioteer and Wizard classes yet, but I'm looking forward to the other new classes to mix things up since the first game was mostly classic FF classes.

After Bravely Second is finished I'll turn my attention back to No Man's Sky.
Brush and Quill / Re: Book Thread Continued
« Last post by Dincrest on May 23, 2018, 06:22:21 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJdNrCeUdhc

Look, I know this video
Spoiler: show
 has been edited to only contain the worst responses to make you facepalm, but my kneejerk reaction was still, "How did nobody mention Harry Potter?  Or maybe... The Bible?!?!  I dunno, if I had a mic shoved in my face and was asked to name a book on the spot, I would probably say Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings.

Still enjoying my re-read of Hexed: The Sisters of Witchdown. 
« Last post by Der Jermeister on May 23, 2018, 06:13:13 PM »
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Moving along smoothy and am progressing to the Zora's Domain, after getting another stamina upgrade so I can scale higher areas.

Resonance of Fate - Encountered a difficulty drop in Chapter 13 where I simply had to give presents to children, but it shot straight back up even more in Chapter 14, where even normal encounters in the next story dungeon are kicking my butt. I am slightly racking up breakable items and to a lesser extent levels, and when I get enough hexes of a certain color I might link them to the arena and try it again (I'm stuck on a battle with four ailment-inflicting ogres).

« Last post by Aeolus on May 23, 2018, 05:39:19 PM »
LoZ:TH. By some twist of fate, I was able to find other people playing this thing online so I'm actually making progress in this again. I've been clearing a boatload of challenges in certain regions (namely the Forest, Castle and Ruins), with a couple elsewhere as well and I even got the Ruins done (still need to do the Desert and the Sky Palace).
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Aeolus on May 23, 2018, 04:44:36 AM »
So who should I pair Brinaki up with? Miccy? Delthea? Nowi? Maybe Palla or Catria while she waits for either Sigrum or Tanith to arrive in their SUP (Sports Utility Pegasus) and pick her up after school? Or maybe Ike because almost everybody in Tellus likes Ike.

Anyways, after two mediocre rounds, Round 3 ended in a complete blowout on my team's end as apparently they changed the mechanics so that when you achieve a Knockout, you can open up formerly protected regions, which in turn can be knocked out themselves for even more territories. And provided that you have a really strong Whale team or something, are comfortable with running Inferno on Autobattle and have a shitload of Lances stashed away, you can easily and singlehandedly chain opponent territories (since newly available territories all start at their default value).

I'll admit, I didn't have someone like that on my team, but six Knockouts were had nevertheless, which kinda makes the previous strategy of being in a good position going into the last rounds somewhat less important. At any rate, I hope it'll be a long while before we get another one of these (all of my non-Cavalry Brigades kinda suck still, there just isn't enough time to train dammit).

At least my Armor Emblem is trained enough to dance through the T&A ReBHeB's Lunatic Mode. I just need to do the same with Anna and Alfonse. Edit: I have since polished off the ReBHeB, and in one go (or I would have, but I forgot to reposition Nowi at the last turn and had to redo the whole shebang; at least it doesn't cost me 15 Stamina anymore; for reference, the other character was Bow Lyn).

Double Edit: +_+ is up and while the maps aren't too difficult to play through, Auto-battle chokes hard on the final map. I might want to replace my B team with a Flier Emblem just to deal with the terrain issues. Also pulled for a Bride again and got another pity breaker Faye (+Atk/-Spd; worse than my +Res/-HP; I'd donate the Firesweep+, but none of my Archers really wants one; they either have their own nice bows that their builds rely on or not enough Spd to warrant the effort), so I'm done with the seasonal until the Legendary banner comes and either goes or disappoints.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10