Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Game Journals / Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Last post by Andrew on Today at 07:05:46 PM »
Once you get to Tainted Monsters and the ability to explore the world freely you're going to really feel the "hard" in Hard Mode. :D

I've beaten up a few tainted monsters! Though found I needed to be about 10 levels higher or so to reliably win. Even then, one hit from them usually does like 50% of my HP in damage. Ouch.

As for exploration,
Spoiler: show
I've got a jumping boat and I'm currently in Broadleaf.
Single-Player RPGs / Re: Dragon Quest XI looks glorious
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 05:23:02 PM »
Really cannot get enough of the art direction in this game!  The little details in the design make it come to life:

Warm and inviting interiors, too:
« Last post by Arvis on Today at 09:25:20 AM »
Once you get to Tainted Monsters and the ability to explore the world freely you're going to really feel the "hard" in Hard Mode. :D
« Last post by Ranadiel on Today at 06:50:05 AM »
I think Ranadiel's much more experienced than I am with JRPGs so I have assume that his criticisms have real merit.  However, hating on the town design is pure insanity.  The towns in this game are about as "generic" as pasta in Italy; sure it's what you expect, but it's flipping amazing and each bite is a sensation.  The attention to detail in the art direction is superlative and really pulls the player in.  Or at least it does me.
I genuinely just don't get what you are seeing in them. I guess I kinda liked the setup in the slums? But barely enough to be worth a mention.
General Games / Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Last post by Hathen on Today at 04:19:16 AM »
For my part, I forgot to do a real Arena Assault run this week so I ended up at like rank 120,000 or some shit, and I didn't get a Defense Win either, but I somehow managed to enter whale crown city, and it'll probably be the only one I'll have for a while. It was a Fire Season and Larth was a bonus unit, so it means my Arena team (Draug/Effie/Lector) got to double up on Fire Blessings and also had a totally busted bonus unit who could actually kill things.

Also been only taking free pulls for a little bit with not much interesting to show for it, but I've managed to save just north of 600 orbs right now. Hopefully there will be some good units on show for the upcoming Legendary Banner.
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 11:26:59 PM »
I'd also agree with others here that they shouldn't have bothered with giving you the ability to move your characters around if they weren't going to do anything with it...but I still play around with it sometimes just for fun. I also wish that Pepping wasn't so RNG-based, so I can plan around it better, but it's not like there isn't some strategy to it.

You know you can keep Pep Up status indefinitely so long as you keep the Pepped Up Person on the bench right? It makes setting up Hallelujah! that much easier (although doing that requires locking down the MC, Erik and Jade for extended periods of time which kinda sucks).

The MC also gets a skill that lets him trigger Pep Up at any time you're willing to put down the MP for it, which is really useful since he's so indispensable to the majority of the Pep Powers.

Yes, I just don't like RNG. That's a lot of extra work when I'd rather have it be something I could encorporate into the moment-to-moment gameplay, like in Final Fantasy. Pep guage, anyone?

Wait, I didn't know about that last part though...guess I gotta reorder my skill points...

The hidden skills thing is kind of annoying, too, btw. Sure, you can reorder your skillpoints whenever you need to, sgold-permitting, but I don't like that I can't see what I'm working towards...I have already put extra points in a skill I didn't want just to unlock access to a skill I also didn't want, and then had to reorder it later several times. Nor have I touched every skill path yet, so there are a good number of skill I don't even know about...

You can see what the hidden skills are in a character's Attribute file. You need to go three pages down to see their accumulated skills and it lists all of them, including the hidden ones. Granted, it doesn't specify what's under what hidden panel, but I believe that once you reveal a panel, it'll stay revealed even after respeccing (and generally speaking, it's pretty obvious which skills are hidden where).

Other fun facts about Skill Panels:
- Not all skills are available even though you can see them (i.e. Erik's advanced stuff).
- Certain skills also conceal a Skill Point bonus beneath them (Sylvando has one under his Charm +40 skill).
« Last post by Mickeymac92 on Yesterday at 08:59:08 PM »
I'd also agree with others here that they shouldn't have bothered with giving you the ability to move your characters around if they weren't going to do anything with it...but I still play around with it sometimes just for fun. I also wish that Pepping wasn't so RNG-based, so I can plan around it better, but it's not like there isn't some strategy to it.

You know you can keep Pep Up status indefinitely so long as you keep the Pepped Up Person on the bench right? It makes setting up Hallelujah! that much easier (although doing that requires locking down the MC, Erik and Jade for extended periods of time which kinda sucks).

The MC also gets a skill that lets him trigger Pep Up at any time you're willing to put down the MP for it, which is really useful since he's so indispensable to the majority of the Pep Powers.

Yes, I just don't like RNG. That's a lot of extra work when I'd rather have it be something I could encorporate into the moment-to-moment gameplay, like in Final Fantasy. Pep guage, anyone?

Wait, I didn't know about that last part though...guess I gotta reorder my skill points...

The hidden skills thing is kind of annoying, too, btw. Sure, you can reorder your skillpoints whenever you need to, sgold-permitting, but I don't like that I can't see what I'm working towards...I have already put extra points in a skill I didn't want just to unlock access to a skill I also didn't want, and then had to reorder it later several times. Nor have I touched every skill path yet, so there are a good number of skill I don't even know about...
« Last post by Agent D. on Yesterday at 08:27:16 PM »

You also can get an item that induces pep, and in the end game one that induces it for the full party. Honestly though, aside from the pep powers the pep up is pretty useless. It's pretty helpful to use it for electro light, hallelujah, and executioner before you get erik's crit hit, and one of the end game powers is pretty broken....except it can be disruptive waved....
« Last post by Andrew on Yesterday at 06:45:27 PM »
About 15 hours in to Ni no Kuni 2 and loving it so far. Patched and playing on 'Hard' difficulty, which gave me a few early deaths before I knew what I was doing, though overall it feels more like a 'Normal' level of difficulty to me. Love the visuals, and combat is really fun. My only complaint is that movement feels a bit slippery or floaty both in and out of combat. Side-quests are pretty meh, but the main game is good fun and I'm enjoying the kingdom building.
« Last post by Aeolus on Yesterday at 06:18:48 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10