Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Reply #4830 on: August 06, 2018, 11:26:52 AM »
Finally had an excuse to watch Akira, and it was pretty good. The story fell apart after a while, but I knew about the reasons why going in. At least it's still a technical marvel, very beautiful to look at. I can see why it's considered a classic, that's for sure.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: August 06, 2018, 12:07:33 PM »
At least it's still a technical marvel, very beautiful to look at. I can see why it's considered a classic, that's for sure.

I'm always finding myself impressed with the fluidity of the animation, whenever I watch it. Disney's animated movies from around the same time were similarly impressive. Seems to be a near-lost art these days...
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: August 06, 2018, 09:28:07 PM »
Finally had an excuse to watch Akira, and it was pretty good. The story fell apart after a while, but I knew about the reasons why going in. At least it's still a technical marvel, very beautiful to look at. I can see why it's considered a classic, that's for sure.

I must have watched it 50+ times but not in the past decade. The 1st 20 minutes are just god-tier anime, then it meanders for the next 2.  The animation tho, still just looks fantastic.

Binged 10 episodes of Saga of Tanya the Evil. Was definitely not expecting to be that good and the animation is amazing.

I didn't think Gintama could pull off an excellent final arc w/ so many characters to shovel in. I should know by now to never underestimate the greatness of Gintama.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: August 12, 2018, 03:04:04 PM »
Re-watched another blast from the past that's completely forgotten by now.

Coyote Ragtime Show
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1194/Coyote_Ragtime_Show
It's way better than the 6.71 score on MAL would lead to believe.

It's a non-stop, action fueled, space pirate/heist anime with no punches pulled.
The animation is pretty good and the action sequences are well made.
The characters are super charismatic - heroes and foes alike.

It's funny because 12 episodes is not all that much for world building or character development, but they do a really good job at both without sacrificing the main story.

As for the music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Eilfm6TThI

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: August 16, 2018, 10:50:57 PM »
I'm enjoying Planet With only I have no idea why I'm enjoying it.