Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Reply #4695 on: December 01, 2017, 01:49:15 AM »
I'm still skimming the frst two arcs of DB Super. It's been a real slog. So much worse than the movies, but I think I've watched most of the new scenes that matter so far. I'll start up the new third arc soon-ish. Hopefully tomorrow, or at least this weekend.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: December 04, 2017, 09:42:49 AM »
I initally thought that Aldermain on the Sky was some generic shonen for some reason. However hey it was excellent and not some generic shonen at all. People should watch it! Pity because they it set up nicely for season 2 but supposedly it tanked so hard that the LN was even cancelled.

Tatami Galaxy, yea, I wanted to like it but the dialogue comes toward you at ludicrious speed and I spent whole episodes not watching anything while trying to follow the subtitles.

Recently watched Grimgar again. I think even liked it more the 2nd time. I'm always a sucker for that like of watercolor/sketch backround art style and I think of an anime that did fights better.

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: December 04, 2017, 12:12:56 PM »
Pretty sure I recommended Alderamin when it was still new...yup, I did.

But what's this about the LN being canceled?  According to wikipedia there's another volume coming out in just a few days.  Looks like it's been releasing twice a year pretty consistently.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: December 07, 2017, 04:55:02 PM »
rewatching Samurai 7. Still great.

Kurosawa was a genius.  I've seen his stuff remade dozens of times and it still mostly holds up.

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: December 11, 2017, 07:46:31 PM »
Pretty sure I recommended Alderamin when it was still new...yup, I did.

But what's this about the LN being canceled?  According to wikipedia there's another volume coming out in just a few days.  Looks like it's been releasing twice a year pretty consistently.

I went online to find out if there was ever going to be a season and read posts that the anime tanked and there are no more LNs coming out. I assumed it to be true because the internet is never wrong.

anime strike has Garden of Sinners. well done amazon.

besides the holy crap where did this WTF love triangle come from Samuari 7 was a lot of fun.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 07:49:50 PM by Rook »