Author Topic: Tales of Graces Æ’ confirmed for NA

macirex

• View Profile
Re: Tales of Graces Æ’ confirmed for NA
« Reply #270 on: February 04, 2011, 10:00:51 PM »
Is Dawn of the New World this bad ?
I was thinking about getting it at some point for when we're in short of an RPG. Sure I could just play a good game I haven't for the PS2 but still. I left Star Ocean 4 to fill this spot only to get half bored half entertained.

It´s the best translated wii tales game...
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Prime Mover

• All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio
    • View Profile
    • www.ericbarker.com
« Reply #271 on: February 04, 2011, 10:17:09 PM »
-weird-ass prerequisites for the best ending
-depressing endings otherwise

Yeah, this should never be done. I can understand making a "super happy fun time!" ending for those who go for absolute perfection, but don't punish those who go through a 40 hour game but don't do every last little thing.

Worst offender ever: Suikoden V. I got 105 stars (missed two because of a glitch, and one because the game randomy decided to kill someone off in a mass battle, and I didn't realize that was even possible). I was even playing WITH the manual, and I swear some of those starts would have been impossible to get without. For those of you who haven't played it, the imperfect ending in SuikoV is incredibly tragic. That game took me 110 hours to complete. Something died inside of me that day.

Kstar

• Editor Emeritus
  • I Remember Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 04, 2011, 10:44:48 PM »
-weird-ass prerequisites for the best ending
-depressing endings otherwise

Yeah, this should never be done. I can understand making a "super happy fun time!" ending for those who go for absolute perfection, but don't punish those who go through a 40 hour game but don't do every last little thing.

Worst offender ever: Suikoden V. I got 105 stars (missed two because of a glitch, and one because the game randomy decided to kill someone off in a mass battle, and I didn't realize that was even possible). I was even playing WITH the manual, and I swear some of those starts would have been impossible to get without. For those of you who haven't played it, the imperfect ending in SuikoV is incredibly tragic. That game took me 110 hours to complete. Something died inside of me that day.

I actually did get all the stars, but I was wreck that something like what you went through Prime would happen to me.   Just so on edge while playing that game, still one of my favorites though.  You know what's great though?  Youtube.  I've seen so many endings without having to replay content because of it.  I know it's more rewarding sometimes to get things yourself, but I don't have the time to always play through a game multiple times to get the ending I want or in the case of Prime miss out because of a glitch or something beyond your control. 
"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."

ULTROS!

• People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 05, 2011, 12:25:29 AM »
Did any of you guys import Tales of Graces (Wii or Æ’ version)? If so how does it compare to the other Tales game.

A number of people placed it as the second best Tales game, higher than Vesperia though.
"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #274 on: February 05, 2011, 12:37:10 AM »
Did any of you guys import Tales of Graces (Wii or Æ’ version)? If so how does it compare to the other Tales game.

A number of people placed it as the second best Tales game, higher than Vesperia though.

Numerous posts earlier back cite it with the best battle system of the series.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #275 on: February 05, 2011, 12:40:05 AM »

I've written a review of it that will be posted within the next week.

Logick

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 05, 2011, 05:34:20 AM »
Well this is awesome news (which I knew nothing of),  I'll pick up the game through my friends(legally).  Do you guys mind if I still hate Namdai though(the company as a whole not the folks)? :P
"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 05, 2011, 11:49:09 AM »
Do you guys mind if I still hate Namdai though(the company as a whole not the folks)? :P

Why would we?

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 05, 2011, 12:00:30 PM »
Do you guys mind if I still hate Namdai though(the company as a whole not the folks)? :P

Why? They've done something great for us...

Why would we?

...Oh right. <_<

MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

kyuusei

• Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 05, 2011, 12:13:57 PM »
Well this is awesome news (which I knew nothing of),  I'll pick up the game through my friends(legally).  Do you guys mind if I still hate Namdai though(the company as a whole not the folks)? :P

If working there was pretty bad, we can't really make you love them. :P

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 05, 2011, 01:44:03 PM »

Why would we?

People still care about Ridge Racer?

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 05, 2011, 01:56:37 PM »

People care about their fond memories of when it was still relevant.

insertnamehere

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 05, 2011, 01:58:03 PM »

Why would we?

Looks that way, though it may just be mostly casual gamers that buy those.
I think we've gotten most if not all of Ridge Racer but only about half of Tales.

I mostly pop in occasionally to give my two cents on certain controversial things, so if you disagree then send a PM, because I generally don't check for replies in threads in case I feel like replying and then things get heated/derailed.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 05, 2011, 02:02:38 PM »
Ridge Racer's way, way easier to localize and is (or at least was) an easier sell here. Personally I'm mostly disheartened that it seems to be some sort of "Let's jump on the bandwagon Burnout started!" thing rather than keeping a unique identity.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 05, 2011, 02:39:15 PM »
Ridge Racer's way, way easier to localize and is (or at least was) an easier sell here. Personally I'm mostly disheartened that it seems to be some sort of "Let's jump on the bandwagon Burnout started!" thing rather than keeping a unique identity.

Same here. I always respected the series for always being Ridge Racer and keeping the old Arcadey racing alive, for better or for worse. Now it just comes off as a shameless clone. :sigh:

MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!
I Draw Stuff Sometimes